Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griffin wounded.

House

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could see that knee when he went down went the opposite direction. I agree that Dr. should never had let him come back and play and I too hope it's not a long term injury. They said that Dr was holding his breath with him playing today Duh why did you release him to play then. :loco: :slaphead:

Seriously man...this has brought me almost to the brink of tears.   Regardless of whether or not you are rooting for RG3 this game...no one wants to see the guy get hurt.  I am so angry at Shanahan right now.

Shanahan has been putting RG3 in harms way for the last couple weeks knowing full well that knee ain't right.  His detached head downward look on the sidelines with RG3 scrawling on the ground in pain infuriated me.  He should have taken Griffin out a long time ago. 

LOL at 3 threads started on this at once.

Yeah I felt pretty bad seeing him down like that. He is getting pounded, badly.....

I hope he will be okay. I am grateful as heck that Luck made it through this season in one piece now.

Seriously man...this has brought me almost to the brink of tears.   Regardless of whether or not you are rooting for RG3 this game...no one wants to see the guy get hurt.  I am so angry at Shanahan right now.

Shanahan has been putting RG3 in harms way for the last couple weeks knowing full well that knee ain't right.  His detached head downward look on the sidelines with RG3 scrawling on the ground in pain infuriated me.  He should have taken Griffin out a long time ago. 

agree with you. I don't know what they are doing at times with this kid.

Pathetic desperation I'm afraid.....

Yeah I felt pretty bad seeing him down like that. He is getting pounded, badly.....

I hope he will be okay. I am grateful as heck that Luck made it through this season in one piece now.

haha yeah I just made the thread when I saw it happen.

But I have noticed all game he was progressively getting worse.

I was just reading this morning about how the famous surgeon Dr Andrews is openly concerned for him. There is a bit of a controversy, and it's incredibly rare for a doctor to publicly comment on the health of someone that he has treated. That should tell you something. He said:

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/06/dr-james-andrews-disputes-coach-mike-shanahans-version-of-washington-redskins-quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-knee-injury/1811689/

I'm not a fan of Griffin per se, and I completely reject the "mobile qbs are the future of the league" nonsense. He isn't the first, he won't be the last, and their mobility never lasts much longer than their first couple of big hits. It is far and away the least important QB skill. That being said, I hate to see this, and hope he is OK. If the Redskins did ANYTHING other than move to cautiously to protect his long term interests than they are utter nincompoops.

Seriously man...this has brought me almost to the brink of tears. Regardless of whether or not you are rooting for RG3 this game...no one wants to see the guy get hurt. I am so angry at Shanahan right now.

Shanahan has been putting RG3 in harms way for the last couple weeks knowing full well that knee ain't right. His detached head downward look on the sidelines with RG3 scrawling on the ground in pain infuriated me. He should have taken Griffin out a long time ago.

My thoughts exactly.

He was clearly more concerned about winning than Griffins long term career.

agree with you. I don't know what they are doing at times with this kid.

I've lost a lot of respect for Shanahan.  It's not like they didn't have a capable back up either.  This is the kind of tom foolery that keeps the Skins back as a franchise in my opinion.  They get a potential stud and run him into the ground in year one. 

Colts better get a line for Luck.  I believe they will since they are a much better run organization.

I am sick that Shanahan allowed this to happen. Especially with a decent backup. Just sad. I am not a huge RG3 fan, but I don't want to see a good kid hurt b/c of a HC's hubris (you know RG3 wasn't going to take himself out, players want to play....look at the backlash Cutler faced b/c of it). Boo, Shanahan, boooo!!!

RGIII needs all three threads. One for each knee because once the coach is done the will no longer be a part of him.

Exactly why Bayless saying we should have taken RG3 is nonsense.

Skip is blaming Doctor Andrews on twitter.

Somehow he thinks making public his concerns for Robert, put doubt in Griffins mind and cause him to play nervous or something.

He's nuts.

I don't know why everybody is so surprised. This has been predicted for him all season. It was only a matter of time. This is exactly why this offense will not work long term in the NFL. If RG3 does not become a more conventional QB, this will sadly be what Skins fans should expect from now on.

Get used to it. This is why you take an Andrew Luck over an RG3 . If I sound callous , sorry but it's the truth. According to Bill Polian , this is the reason Irsay didnt even consider not taking Luck at 1.For those talking heads that keep saying you "can't defend this." ... here ya go.