Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let Us, Come Together. Right Now.

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

We don't have Peyton. We aren't doomed. We have promise of a running game. How can I prove this? Every year, every pre-season. The Colts running game SUCKS. Pre-season AND regular season... Last year we improved that fact. This year, in the pre-season, we have improved even more. Addai will have at least 100 yards rushing Sunday. I have faith in our running game this year based on what I saw last year and this re-season... We have Reggie and Garcon. Garcon can block. Our running game will be good this year. Not top 5 but yes, top 10, and that is a vast improvement...

Our D has shown improvement. Like every year, pre-season is all evaluation. I'm not sure what everyone sees when they are watching pre-season. But me, myself, I try and evaluate, who is good for us... I am sad as anyone that Peyton is a no go. It almost ruined my day when I found out. But we are not doomed. We are going to win Sunday, without Peyton. And its going to be because we could run the ball. Our defense is going to put a lot of pressure on the QB. We KNOW what we need to do. The D knows what it needs to do. And they're going to do it. You know why they will succeed? Because we don't have Peyton. That has never happened before. And they are going to go 200%. We know what we can do. We are going to go out there and do it.

I'm not ignoring the fact that we have lost our greatest player. I know its not all flowery. I know, all of you are "just being real and saying it how it is".

I'm not basing what I've had just on hope. I'm saying this based off of what i've seen the Colts do for years. We have what it takes and I think the Colts are going to step it up and surprise everyone. I believe we can go 6-0. We just need to keep our heads because the Colts have what it takes now, to succeed without Peyton. And with Peyton? We are completely unstoppable.

But... I just watched 300. Show no fear lol

We don't have Peyton. We aren't doomed. We have promise of a running game. How can I prove this? Every year, every pre-season. The Colts running game SUCKS. Pre-season AND regular season... Last year we improved that fact. This year, in the pre-season, we have improved even more. Addai will have at least 100 yards rushing Sunday. I have faith in our running game this year based on what I saw last year and this re-season... We have Reggie and Garcon. Garcon can block. Our running game will be good this year. Not top 5 but yes, top 10, and that is a vast improvement...

Our D has shown improvement. Like every year, pre-season is all evaluation. I'm not sure what everyone sees when they are watching pre-season. But me, myself, I try and evaluate, who is good for us... I am sad as anyone that Peyton is a no go. It almost ruined my day when I found out. But we are not doomed. We are going to win Sunday, without Peyton. And its going to be because we could run the ball. Our defense is going to put a lot of pressure on the QB. We KNOW what we need to do. The D knows what it needs to do. And they're going to do it. You know why they will succeed? Because we don't have Peyton. That has never happened before. And they are going to go 200%. We know what we can do. We are going to go out there and do it.

I'm not ignoring the fact that we have lost our greatest player. I know its not all flowery. I know, all of you are "just being real and saying it how it is".

I'm not basing what I've had just on hope. I'm saying this based off of what i've seen the Colts do for years. We have what it takes and I think the Colts are going to step it up and surprise everyone. I believe we can go 6-0. We just need to keep our heads because the Colts have what it takes now, to succeed without Peyton. And with Peyton? We are completely unstoppable.

i agree we will win. caldwell will change our game plan

im excited for this year with our without peyton we proved against the packers starters that we can compete and that was with painter at qb if we can do that against the defending champs i believe we can do it against an underachieving team with an awful defense change or not they will still be bad daniel manning wasnt even a starter with the bears and the texans have had a good cb before and we still killed them

IF our D plays lights out....

AND we actually have a run game as you predict...

AND the O-line can give Kerry more than 2 seconds to throw....(Lest he be annihilated out there...not a knock on Collins...just the ineptitude of the O-line)

And the Special Teams suck less....

Yes, we have a decent chance.

If what we saw in the preseason was just a gust of wind in meaningless games...and this is essentially the same team of the last several years get ready for 0-1, 0-2, so on and so forth until Captain Carry comes back.

Good to see you around! Nice post man. This is Spartaaaaaaaa! lol

i agree we will win. caldwell will change our game plan

You say that and then you post this topic?

Where is the real jim, and who are you?

Your first post here was about how our defense is weak in the wake of the loss of Sanders and Session. We were gonna go out and fill our holes with "low dollar no name players no one else wants". You said none of our LB's could start for other teams. You rambled on and on about how our players should be cutting grass and doing menial labor because they weren't good enough at football to play in the NFL. You've openly stated you don't think caldwell is doing an adequate job and that you'd like to see another head coach hired... You've been a troll in a Colts jersey, nitpicking every potentially negative thing you can about this team, and making a ton up to add to your arguments, and now that there really IS a reason to be negative you're coming out and trying to act like an ultimate homer?

I'm formally declaring shenanigans.

Great thread my friend, a lot of Colts fans needed to hear that.

Never lose faith!! Always believe in blue!!

The rest of the team will step in Peyton's absence.

Come on, we all know deep down inside they all want that shot at the first home Superbowl.

Football is an unpredictable sport, so lets not count ourselves out even before the season starts.

I too am looking forward to seeing how the team adjusts and IF Caldwell has what it takes to be a elite NFL coach. Honestly I've always seen him as a product of Dungy's success and nothing more, if he can get us to a .500 record till Peyton gets back I wont say that again. Its time to find out how deep this team really is, from the coaching staff to the front office and of course the players.

The D is going to have to hold the opposition to under 21-24 points for us to have a chance. At least in the first few games as Collins gets his old man feet under him ;)

The coaching staff is going to have to change up the game plans to adapt to Collins and each team we play. This includes defense too, we may need to pressure a bit more on passing downs to try and steal a possession or two, turnovers will be key during this stretch.

If not we could be in for a long season... GO COLTS!!!

I have been a fan of Peyton and the Colts for most of my life, so it pains me to see him sidelined currently. I interned for a pain management doctor over the summer and we saw patients with Peyton's exact symptoms. Pain caused by a nerve in the neck that innervates the spine and arm, causing back pain and arm weakness. The procedure that the doctor's used to ease the pain and increase mobility is called an Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) and also, a Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (RFTC). Results are realized within 48 hours. If it is at all possible, if you have any communication line to Peyton, please inform him of this procedure and have him find a pain management doctor in Indianapolis who can help him. I don't want to see his starting streak end and I don't want to say that I didn't try to prevent it from happening.

I have been a fan of Peyton and the Colts for most of my life, so it pains me to see him sidelined currently. I interned for a pain management doctor over the summer and we saw patients with Peyton's exact symptoms. Pain caused by a nerve in the neck that innervates the spine and arm, causing back pain and arm weakness. The procedure that the doctor's used to ease the pain and increase mobility is called an Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) and also, a Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (RFTC). Results are realized within 48 hours. If it is at all possible, if you have any communication line to Peyton, please inform him of this procedure and have him find a pain management doctor in Indianapolis who can help him. I don't want to see his starting streak end and I don't want to say that I didn't try to prevent it from happening.

lol u really think u know more about how to treat peyton than his medical staff? I have had 3 injections on my neck and they didnt do crap...i now am having a disk removed. Kinda strange, I do MMA and I only have a 3 week recovery period b4 I return to practice. Kinda makes me worry about Peyton, something must not have went according to plan. I really really really hope he starts week 1-21! I am not counting him out yet but will stand by him no matter what he does.