Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have you seen the injury report for New England?

emac

He has to have a reason for putting players on the injury report. Messing around with the injury report can result in some hefty punishment. And I'm sure Belichick has a good reason for putting those guys on the injury report. They might not have a substantial injury, but if a guy's ankle is bothering him and it just started today, the team might not know what happen or how this will affect his availability, so they list him as questionable. It's very possible it was just a one day thing when the player put pressure on his ankle in an awkward position and is fully healed by the next day. But there is a reason those guys are on the injury report. I'm not saying they all have substantial injuries, but I'm sure their bodies aren't in perfect condition

He has to have a reason for putting players on the injury report. Messing around with the injury report can result in some hefty punishment. And I'm sure Belichick has a good reason for putting those guys on the injury report. They might not have a substantial injury, but if a guy's ankle is bothering him and it just started today, the team might not know what happen or how this will affect his availability, so they list him as questionable. It's very possible it was just a one day thing when the player put pressure on his ankle in an awkward position and is fully healed by the next day. But there is a reason those guys are on the injury report. I'm not saying they all have substantial injuries, but I'm sure their bodies aren't in perfect condition

I'm sure all of them had minor injuries. Therefore had to be on the injury report. But i'm almost 100% positive they are all probable. He just lists them as questionable. That's not against the rules... is it?

Welker did not practice today either. Nor did Logan Mankins, their long time rock lineman. However his backup played well last week. I think Dan Connolly might be out too. Welker is on my FFB team and Yahoos report is "worrisome" for him, but who knows? Maybe a Freeney thing where he is just resting

I'm sure all of them had minor injuries. Therefore had to be on the injury report. But i'm almost 100% positive they are all probable. He just lists them as questionable. That's not against the rules... is it?

That's exactly it. They all have minor injuries so they must be on the injury report, but they are almost all going to play

That's exactly it. They all have minor injuries so they must be on the injury report, but they are almost all going to play

My understanding is that a lot of teams "follow the letter of the law" with injury reports, but manipulate them in one of 2 ways: at one extreme is NE, listing half the team as questionable, even if they only have a paper cut; at the other extreme were the Polian led Colts, who would list players who were half an inch from IR as probable (which frustrated the heck out of fans, who kept hoping they'd see these guys on the field each week)

My understanding is that a lot of teams "follow the letter of the law" with injury reports, but manipulate them in one of 2 ways: at one extreme is NE, listing half the team as questionable, even if they only have a paper cut; at the other extreme were the Polian led Colts, who would list players who were half an inch from IR as probable (which frustrated the heck out of fans, who kept hoping they'd see these guys on the field each week)

haha that makes sense too

They've seen us playing ou first 9 games, they've seen rookie Luck playing like a heckuva vet, they've seen our "next man up" style working, they've seen us being CHUCKSTRONG, the've seen us being COLTSTRONG. No, all questionable key-players will be abord. Belichik won't risk a win. He doesn't underestimate Colts, like NFL's and ESPN's (minus John Clayton) experts.

He has to have a reason for putting players on the injury report. Messing around with the injury report can result in some hefty punishment.

Since when did Belicheck ever care about punishment? Spygate anyone?

He is just listing those guys as questionable to try and pull wool over people's eyes. He's done that since the Browns days. Those guys will all play.

Uh, that's not true at all.

Mankins has been playing injured this year, and then he injured his back on Sunday. Connolly as well.

Welker got his ankle twisted when he was tackled on a 23-yard gain on Sunday. He didn't come back into the game.

Uh, that's not true at all.

Mankins has been playing injured this year, and then he injured his back on Sunday. Connolly as well.

Welker got his ankle twisted when he was tackled on a 23-yard gain on Sunday. He didn't come back into the game.

You're correct. I worded myself incorrectly when I said that. My mistake