Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Browns forums... WOW

Nobody

Took a trip over to the Browns forums to see what they were saying about the game. I expected to find a very humble fan base, tempering their expectations. Instead I found a board full of insanely cocky fans. Nearly everyone predicting a blowout Cleveland win (the first predicted score I saw was 31-13) and everyone predicting at least 160 yards and 2 TDs for Richardson. A few guys said that Indy *might pull and upset. Wth? They haven't been humbled by years and years of being smacked? There was a very popular thread about how Luck is a scrub and Weeden is the far better player. It's ridiculous. If you wanna take a visit, go ahead (they allow all kinds of language there, so stay away kids!) and see for yourself.

"LUck? Oh wow, he had a good game last week. His ****ing team is 2 - 3, the guy aint ****, and he looked like Tim COuch yesterday."

"I had to laugh my *** off today at Luck throwing **** on the hall and hoping it would fall. The Jets ********* him and exposed him for exactly what I said he would be........ Another deer-in-the-headlights Tim Couch.

We drafted the better QB, BY FAR, no argument available."

"This Sunday the Browns will play the best football we've seen in nearly 20 years.

We will punish the Colts weak run defense with Richardson and Hardesty.

The defense will harass Luck and force 3+ turnovers.

Weeden will find Gordon and even Greg Little for long plays.

Cribbs will take one to the house.

The curse has been lifted, the Browns will play invigorated and win 41-10."

Here is one of the more humble guys, still predicting a relative blowout.

"Doubt it.

27-16 cleveland.

Its 20 -16 through the 4th and cle should get a 4th qtr insurance td. Weeden could realistically get 2 tds through the air. T rich if healthy and in enough can get a rush td.

2 dawson field goals and boom 27.

Luck could easily get a td to reggie wayne, and i can also see a running td if set up on the goal line by luck and the passing game. However the colts will commit at least one turnover guaranteed. The browns d still is above average with haden and some healthy LBs back."

"31-16 Browns.The Colt's gave up 3 td's to Shonn Green of all people last week. And the Jets suck. So the Browns can easily get 3 rushing td's. Weeden will hit someone for a td pass. And AutoPhil will hit a 55 yarder in the dome.

Luck will get some yards and maybe a td, but the Colt's have NO decent, healthy rb's. So I see them kicking fg's all day"

These are the first few posts about the game I found. No picking and choosing, these were the first ones.

Big talk for a 1-5 team haha.

All you need to know about Cleveland. Watch for the hilarity.

Edit: second link might not work. Tried it once and it didn't. Tried it again and it did. I dunno lol.

LOL wasted 50secs of my life watching the first one... not even gonna touch the second,

I laughed at the guy using the Pay phone in the first video. and the come down and see BOTH of our buildings is funny.

I just think its funny when he says "We see the sun ALMOST three times a year"

Not comedy gold, but this thread just made me think of those videos haha

For some laughs, here are the results from their predictions thread.

-------———

I don't see the Colts as having anything to speak of in terms of a running game.

With the Jets even without Revis, Luck only threw for50% and zero TD's. Their D look porus at best and I see this as a prime oppertunity to go two ina row.

Haden being back in the line up is BIG!

Browns 34 Colts 20

I honestly have no idea how the Colts are going to score. I like Haden to take Wayne out of the game. They're not really left with much after that.

This all really depends on how the players and coaches are handling the news this week.

I'll play an optimist for a second ... let's say the news inspires the players to play their hearts out for themselves, their coach, and their GM. If that's the case, I can see us winning by 17 or more. Seriously. I think this is going to be a blowout, especially if Richardson and Benjamin are ready to go.

I expect a heavy dose of the run game. I'm not sure where Indy stands on run D exactly, but they have to be bottom 5. I'll go out on a limb and say between Richardson, Hardesty, and Ogbonnaya, we break 200 yards and at least 2 TDs.

From the passing perspective, I'll guess something like 18 for 27, about 200 yards with a TD and INT. I haven't looked at their injury report this week, but I know Mathis, Freeney, Angerer, and Redding have all been injured, so I expect Weeden to remain relatively clean - maybe 1 or 2 sacks.

So that equates to 31 points for the good guys.

With Brown out, I expect Indy to pass a lot. If Haden can contain Wayne, I don't see huge days by Luck and the other WRs/Fleener. I say 2 TDs and a FG or two. Lets make that 20 points for the bad guys.

Cleveland 31

Indy 20

I'm seeing a double digit win. 3 to 4 td's for the Browns, plus a couple of Dawson fg's.....vs. perhaps a 14 to 20 pt. production from the colts.

Browns will look good, and win.

38-17 Browns (why not?)

Indy DL is beatup and doesn't fit the 3-4 that Pagano is forcing on them.

Indy OL is struggling to open any running lanes and their RB leave alot to be desired anyway.

If Haden can keep Wayne in check and we can get some pressure on Luck, then we could have a really, really Nice week here.

OK, I know that everyone has been waiting with baited breath for my fearless predictions for this week's game.

Browns get win #2.

Weeden throws for 240 yards and 2 TD. He is not picked this week.

Gordon gets another TD this week.

The Browns run for 165 yards, and 2 TD. Richardson has his longest run of the season.

Andrew Luck throws 2 TD passes, and for over 300 yards, but is picked off twice by the Browns.

Sheard sacks Luck twice. Winn also gets a sack. The Browns get a total of 4 sacks as a team. They also force a fumble.

The Browns hold the Colts to 65 yards rushing.

I choose the Browns for the first time this year in last weeks pick'ems. I think they win this week too and will win a total of 7 this year.

The Browns will look like the better team that they are.

------------------------

haha this is fun!

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, October 21, 2012 - post from another forum
Hidden by -JJ-, October 21, 2012 - post from another forum

For some laughs, here are the results from their predictions thread.

-------———

I don't see the Colts as having anything to speak of in terms of a running game.

With the Jets even without Revis, Luck only threw for50% and zero TD's. Their D look porus at best and I see this as a prime oppertunity to go two ina row.

Haden being back in the line up is BIG!

Browns 34 Colts 20

I honestly have no idea how the Colts are going to score. I like Haden to take Wayne out of the game. They're not really left with much after that.

This all really depends on how the players and coaches are handling the news this week.

I'll play an optimist for a second ... let's say the news inspires the players to play their hearts out for themselves, their coach, and their GM. If that's the case, I can see us winning by 17 or more. Seriously. I think this is going to be a blowout, especially if Richardson and Benjamin are ready to go.

I expect a heavy dose of the run game. I'm not sure where Indy stands on run D exactly, but they have to be bottom 5. I'll go out on a limb and say between Richardson, Hardesty, and Ogbonnaya, we break 200 yards and at least 2 TDs.

From the passing perspective, I'll guess something like 18 for 27, about 200 yards with a TD and INT. I haven't looked at their injury report this week, but I know Mathis, Freeney, Angerer, and Redding have all been injured, so I expect Weeden to remain relatively clean - maybe 1 or 2 sacks.

So that equates to 31 points for the good guys.

With Brown out, I expect Indy to pass a lot. If Haden can contain Wayne, I don't see huge days by Luck and the other WRs/Fleener. I say 2 TDs and a FG or two. Lets make that 20 points for the bad guys.

Cleveland 31

Indy 20

I'm seeing a double digit win. 3 to 4 td's for the Browns, plus a couple of Dawson fg's.....vs. perhaps a 14 to 20 pt. production from the colts.

Browns will look good, and win.

38-17 Browns (why not?)

Indy DL is beatup and doesn't fit the 3-4 that Pagano is forcing on them.

Indy OL is struggling to open any running lanes and their RB leave alot to be desired anyway.

If Haden can keep Wayne in check and we can get some pressure on Luck, then we could have a really, really Nice week here.

OK, I know that everyone has been waiting with baited breath for my fearless predictions for this week's game.

Browns get win #2.

Weeden throws for 240 yards and 2 TD. He is not picked this week.

Gordon gets another TD this week.

The Browns run for 165 yards, and 2 TD. Richardson has his longest run of the season.

Andrew Luck throws 2 TD passes, and for over 300 yards, but is picked off twice by the Browns.

Sheard sacks Luck twice. Winn also gets a sack. The Browns get a total of 4 sacks as a team. They also force a fumble.

The Browns hold the Colts to 65 yards rushing.

I choose the Browns for the first time this year in last weeks pick'ems. I think they win this week too and will win a total of 7 this year.

The Browns will look like the better team that they are.

------------------------

haha this is fun!

lmao

Poor Cleveland. If only they were as good in real life as they are in their minds.

Its Cleveland....has anybody ever heard of high school or college basketball in Cleveland???

....they make fun of Indianapolis..but when did Cleveland last have the Super Bowl, the NCAA finals..or major league baseball???

...and what can life be like when your main theme is ....'We're jealous of Cincinnatti'

Sorry, but this thread is full of misinformation. What you expected to find on their board you would find if you actually looked for it. You are referring to the posts of one guy who appears to be a highly animated >. One guy went so far as to say:

I would trade Weeden, Richardson and Joe thomas for Luck right now!

I'd say you found the bad egg, not a perspective on the group as a whole.

Sorry, but this thread is full of misinformation. What you expected to find on their board you would find if you actually looked for it. You are referring to the posts of one guy who appears to be a highly animated >. One guy went so far as to say:

I would trade Weeden, Richardson and Joe thomas for Luck right now!

I'd say you found the bad egg, not a perspective on the group as a whole.

Did you see all of my quotes? More than one guy.

Most Browns fans I know are really cool, and don't talk a lot of trash. It's almost depressing listening to the older ones that know what it's like to have an average QB under helm from so many years ago before the real Browns became the Ravens.

Cleveland fans in general are some of the most loyal fans ever that sit there despite getting blown out badly, and losing in every sport in their town.