Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beyonce to perform this years superbowl halftime show

MTC

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10841079

All the single ladies will be watching the upcoming Super Bowl along with football lovers. That's because Beyonce is the halftime show performer.

A source familiar with the Super Bowl said the Grammy-winning diva would take the stage at the halftime show on February 3 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

Ugh. Another terrible choice. :facepalm:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing and I am nothing can be worse than Roseanne Barr's Star Spangled version. If Bar is the floor and Whitney Houston is the ceiling, clearly Beyonce can find some nice mind ground.

I always thought Alicia Keyes would be a superb choice for the National Anthem myself with the voice and piano working their magic together IMHO.

Why aren't they picking a good rock band, ACDC, Aerosmith, anything is better than that

We have already seen bands like The Who, Rolling Stones, and Paul McCartney. They are great on there own, but it would be nice to have a marching band made up of well deserved kids.

No one will ever top Prince the year we won.

I don't think Beyonce is a bad choice. At least she won't embarrass herself, like some of the 80 year old bands that have been playing the Super Bowl for the past couple years. Now I love those bands, and if they were in their prime, I would be all over it as choices for the show..but to come out all wrinkled and uncoordinated was embarrassing. Their performances were pathetic...Now last year, I thought Madonna put on a good show, save for whomever that person was that tried to mess it up...

It really doesn't matter to me though, as I use halftime to restock my table with more food and drink!

I don't think Beyonce is a bad choice. At least she won't embarrass herself, like some of the 80 year old bands that have been playing the Super Bowl for the past couple years. Now I love those bands, and if they were in their prime, I would be all over it as choices for the show..but to come out all wrinkled and uncoordinated was embarrassing. Their performances were pathetic...Now last year, I thought Madonna put on a good show, save for whomever that person was that tried to mess it up...

It really doesn't matter to me though, as I use halftime to restock my table with more food and drink!

Don't make me hungry......:)

I think Eddie Money should sing it....and that was funnier than Eddie Money at a travel agency......

Quiet Riot? Willie Nelson could talk the anthem.....? OK...I will be fine with Beyonce.....in the Manning Bowl. :)

Don't make me hungry...... :)

haha Brent! Have Quiet Riot sing and throw out bags frosted pretzels to the audience...Entertainment and munchies at the same time for CF4L and all my forum friends. Works for me man. :thmup:

Quiet Riot, the band that made Heavy Metal mainstream and profitable for every record company in the 1980's and beyond until grunge almost killed it in 1991 with Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

http://youtu.be/R_vo_KBV8Ig

Trying to pull in more female numbers? I love Eddie Money. Looks terrible these days though!

Eddie Money +Joe Walsh = Look Ma........twins.....

That was funnier than Gallagher at a Farmer's Market. "I got...2 tickets to paradise!" "Life's been good to me so far........." :)

BTW...was there something wrong with your eyes when you were younger? Eddie Money just NOW looks terrible....HA HA!

Trying to pull in more female numbers? I love Eddie Money. Looks terrible these days though!

I'm all for female singers usually they have more vocal range and power than men. But, you must audition for me LIVE. If you suck LIVE IMO, there is no way I am giving you the SB. Nothing ticks me off more than studio bands that are god awful live. Do you remember the Black Eyed Peas a few years ago? All lights and special effects and no talent. :facepalm:I Hated It! It was so bleeping bad! :wall:

Madonna wasn't bad this past year at SuperBowl. But, it was mostly the light show on site that made it great. I think it's time for a hard core rock band. Been a lot of chick acts.

Judas Priest would really kick it....leather....dog collars....very melodic...:)

I still think Box-Car Willy......Merle Haggard.....if we are lucky Kris Kristofferson......what a voice each of these men possess.

Saw Eddie Money in New York in 92 when I worked at an upstate rocker. He didn't look too terrible. He looks AWFUL in those new commercials. JUST AWFUL!!!!

I want some of what you were having in upstate NY..............Was there a Lens Crafters up there? Was the air a tad thin in the Catskills? Elevation: 4,154 feet (1,266 m) :) Edited by BrentMc11

I'm all for female singers usually they have more vocal range and power than men. But, you must audition for me LIVE. If you suck LIVE IMO, there is no way I am giving you the SB. Nothing ticks me off more than studio bands that are god awful live. Do you remember the Black Eyed Peas a few years ago? All lights and special effects and no talent. :facepalm:I Hated It! It was so bleeping bad! :wall:

Fergie might have a different kind of malfunction based on past performances.....

The Catskills were a bit of a blur. The whole time up there. But, it was still a great show! Love the Ozzy idea!

I am with HungarianColtsFan.......Ozzy is actually an old rocker......who can actually still play a 'bad show.' Some of the old timers (The Who comes to mind) no longer can sing the lyrics in key....as long as Ozzy avoids the anthem I would be all for it....a dose of Metallica would not hurt my feelings either....

Catskills a blur....that explains Eddie Money's sudden handsomeness. :funny:haha:lol::spit: