Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beyonce to perform this years superbowl halftime show

MTC

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Foreigner or Journey.......or Jim Nabors? :)

Brent, just like last time, please let me pick the set list...Thanks. :thmup:

Let's complicate things for families and NFL TV commercial sponsors with this one shall we... :funny::lol: My how I do love ruffling corporate feathers. It's so much fun... :spit:

This song still rocks today even with a new lead singer IMO...

http://youtu.be/N5BaDKE2GVs

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10841079

Ugh. Another terrible choice. :facepalm:

....Really? Ever since the Janet Jackson incident we've had halftime shows with performers that are older than the president. You really want a halftime performance with artist who are in the 50s and 60s for the super bowl? At least this is a change. Besides the black eyed peas (Which was the worst and most painful thing I have ever laid my eyes on and heard in my entire life) it's been the same old thing....literally. Why not change it up? I honestly don't see how this is a bad choice when the same old thing for the past decade has not been very exciting. Beyonce is at least something different. I'm not expecting something good/amazing out of Beyonce doing the halftime show, but I'm glad they are trying something different. I highly doubt anyone wants to hear another band in their 50s and 60s for the unteenth time in a row....

Why not Linkin Park? They have a good mix of fans and I heard they are pretty decent live for a non traditional band.

I love Linkin Park..................and I just started the day with....

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.....tried to like.

:)

I always think cities hosting the Super Bowl should take advantage of the half-time show to showcase the local talent/music scene more...

i.e. i felt from day one that johny cougar was the no-brainer choice for half time show last year to represent Indiana...

With that theory in mind there are endless musical choices for the half-time show that are better than Beyonce for this year in New Orleans... Harry Connick Jr., any of the Neville brothers, Lil Wayne, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, even a Zydeco band would be better than Beyonce....

I always think cities hosting the Super Bowl should take advantage of the half-time show to showcase the local talent/music scene more...

i.e. i felt from day one that johny cougar was the no-brainer choice for half time show last year to represent Indiana...

With that theory in mind there are endless musical choices for the half-time show that are better than Beyonce for this year in New Orleans... Harry Connick Jr., any of the Neville brothers, Lil Wayne, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, even a Zydeco band would be better than Beyonce....

Great point of Seymour's own John Mellencamp! Just 20 minutes south on Saturday is Fort Vallonia Days....a very cool Fall Festival....I have seen him there.....a cool event for kids in an old village...fort...:)

Great point of Seymour's own John Mellencamp! Just 20 minutes south on Saturday is Fort Vallonia Days....a very cool Fall Festival....I have seen him there.....a cool event for kids in an old village...fort... :)

My one set of college roommates were from Brownstown and I heard alot of stories about them seeing him around the county

I love Beyonce.....until she opens her mouth......

right up there with Katy Perry atop the list of singers to watch with the sound turned down...

Beyonce's voice isn't the problem, it's the quality of the music, I mean what songs were classic?

Regarding Beyonce performing in the SB, do you want visual eye candy or a woman that can actually sing? Beyonce has talent, but she is a product of record studio, hip hop producer magic tricks. Show me LIVE what you are made of no pre-recoreded mixes or tracks. LIVE...Just you, your band, and no special effects. Blow me away with your raw voice, power, range, and talent.

Try this instead...The Letter Black with "Fire With Fire."