Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beyonce to perform this years superbowl halftime show

MTC

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't typically listen to gothic/symphonic metal, but this band is intriguing to me. Dawn Of Destiny "Angel Without Wings."

Voices of Destiny "All Eyes On Me." Most people in America will have no idea who this Metal band out of Germany is or like it for that matter. That's fine.

So is she gonna fire up all the single ladies during halftime (because doing it during a Super Bowl makes so much sense, lol)

I've always wanted ELO during halftime, but they've kinda-sorta broken up, haven't they?

I've wanted Rush too, since Geddy's voice alone makes that band so awesome.

Good lord there are a ton of videos posted in this thread!

Female singer wise there are a ton who are better vocally. Adele, shakira, joss stone, mariah carey(even though that girl crazy)

rock band wise, RHCP would be an excellent choice, but you also have to mention Pearl Jam in the same breath. Unfortunately with what is called rock today, they would probably use some bubblegum pop band.

Music nowadays has seemed to melt together and its not plesant

Personally I think beyonce is a horrible choice but again that's just my opinion

Good lord there are a ton of videos posted in this thread!

Female singer wise there are a ton who are better vocally. Adele, shakira, joss stone, mariah carey(even though that girl crazy)

rock band wise, RHCP would be an excellent choice, but you also have to mention Pearl Jam in the same breath. Unfortunately with what is called rock today, they would probably use some bubblegum pop band.

Music nowadays has seemed to melt together and its not plesant

Personally I think beyonce is a horrible choice but again that's just my opinion

Yeah, I go through genre moods sometimes where I wanna hear a specific artist or a category hits me right between the eyes and I run with it. Tonight, it was Metal female singers who would sing smoke rings around Beyonce blindfolded with 1 hand tied behind their back. Some people prefer pop music while others like myself prefer a harder edge in their on stage performers. To each their own I guess.

You know that begs the question, how come you never see a country act do the SB Halftime show? It's always a pop star or an aging rock star reunion act. I just don't care for rap music all that much. But, there are always some talented rap/hip hop artists out there so I shouldn't lump all rap artists into such an unflattering boat now should I? My apologies all rap and hip hop artists fans. No disrespected intended.

Joss Stone is not a good singer IMHO and neither is Mariah Carey. They both suffer from unnecessary voice fluctuations and gyrations that make them sound like they are addicted to helium balloons. Again, I apologize if they are among your 2 favorite singers coltsfanmilyman.

If I was in charge of the SB entertainment, the audience would get blown away by a masterful performer with phenomenal talent outside the North American Continent. America is too shielded in it's U. S. performers; it's time to broaden the scope, terrain, and musical horizon IMO. That's my :2c: anyway.

'Joss Stone is not a good singer IMHO and neither is Mariah Carey. They both suffer from unnecessary voice fluctuations and gyrations that make them sound like they are addicted to helium balloons."

Southwest......I just laughed so hard at ths analogy ....I now need a refill on my orange juice. :funny:

I must say I have not heard of a lot of these bands that are posted. As for country why not a Lady Antebellum? They combine a nice combination of 'pop country' with traditional. If diversification is needed bring in one of my favs, Darious Rucker.....maybe a combo of Rucker's country and Hootie and the Blowfish?

A 'little bird' next to me mentioned going back to the 70s for a modern day blowout of Earth, Wind and Fire...to appeal to all ages!! The old and the new.....Sing a Song!!! Sorry Coltsfamilyman....I normally do not post many videos :):td:

The last halftime show I enjoyed was The Who. Prince also was very entertaining and despite the age kicking in, I thought the Stones were good a few years back.

If only we could bring Duane Allman back and get the Allman Bros to put up some good old Statesboro Blues, but that's just my dreams kickin in :rock:

The last halftime show I enjoyed was The Who. Prince also was very entertaining and despite the age kicking in, I thought the Stones were good a few years back.

If only we could bring Duane Allman back and get the Allman Bros to put up some good old Statesboro Blues, but that's just my dreams kickin in :rock:

Yes, they were undoubtedly both good performances Bogie. No question.

http://youtu.be/I8oUAsoLheY

Since it cut off Prince's "Purple Rain" in SB XLI earlier, here is the best substitute that I could find. Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/QK3g-5RdXPk

Yeah, I go through genre moods sometimes where I wanna hear a specific artist or a category hits me right between the eyes and I run with it. Tonight, it was Metal female singers who would sing smoke rings around Beyonce blindfolded with 1 hand tied behind their back. Some people prefer pop music while others like myself prefer a harder edge in their on stage performers. To each their own I guess.

You know that begs the question, how come you never see a country act do the SB Halftime show? It's always a pop star or an aging rock star reunion act. I just don't care for rap music all that much. But, there are always some talented rap/hip hop artists out there so I shouldn't lump all rap artists into such an unflattering boat now should I? My apologies all rap and hip hop artists fans. No disrespected intended.

Joss Stone is not a good singer IMHO and neither is Mariah Carey. They both suffer from unnecessary voice fluctuations and gyrations that make them sound like they are addicted to helium balloons. Again, I apologize if they are among your 2 favorite singers coltsfanmilyman.

If I was in charge of the SB entertainment, the audience would get blown away by a masterful performer with phenomenal talent outside the North American Continent. America is too shielded in it's U. S. performers; it's time to broaden the scope, terrain, and musical horizon IMO. That's my :2c: anyway.

Don't know what you mean by the voice Fluctuations and gyrations? Especially with Joss Stone. She reminds me of Janis Joplin in alot of ways. She has a blues kind of a voice to me. Mariah Carey has an octave range that is second to none but I would rather here Christina Aguillera when refering to someone with a wide octave range. I don't think either one would put on a very good show but if you had to make me pick I'd rather take Joss Stone because her voice has a blues feel (to me anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbLqGlxJsIw&feature=related

again like you thats just my 2cents

Don't know what you mean by the voice Fluctuations and gyrations? Especially with Joss Stone. She reminds me of Janis Joplin in alot of ways. She has a blues kind of a voice to me. Mariah Carey has an octave range that is second to none but I would rather here Christina Aguillera when refering to someone with a wide octave range. I don't think either one would put on a very good show but if you had to make me pick I'd rather take Joss Stone because her voice has a blues feel (to me anyway)

again like you thats just my 2cents

#1: I hate Janis Joplin. She's overrated and has a horrible voice IMO. #2: Yes, Joss Stone sounds just like Janis Joplin. #3: Listen to how Joss Stone sings "Be cause your Mi-hine" completely unnecessary and way over the top in the Song "I Put A Spell On You." That's what I mean by voice fluctuations and gyrations. Just sing the darn song and drop the circus act Joss Stone. Thank you. Stevie Knicks has more musical prowess in your pinky than Joss Stone could ever dream about in a million years. #4: Just because Mariah Carey can hit a high note or 2, that doesn't make her a good singer. If I get hit in a certain location on my body, I can hit a high note too. Does that qualify me as a Grammy Award winning performer too? Just like Janis Joplin; Mariah Carey is overrated. She is talented, but she's no legendary icon not by a longshot.

Thank you for your thoughts coltsfanmilyman as well as expressing your sincere beliefs which I do appreciate and respect. Clearly, we have a difference of opinion here and that's fine. Friends seldom agree on everything right.

Stevie Knicks would sing rings around both Joss Stone and Mariah Carey IMO. No contest here; Not even close...

as much as I like Stevie Knicks and fleetwood mac, I believe we may have a generational gap LOL. I can understand what you mean by the fluctuation and if its not your cup of tea well then you don't like the tea lol. I think Mariah Carey used to be good, but she went psychotic. I agree her wide octave range doesn't make her good but impressive. I will stand by my statement that there are a plethora of better musical talent out there than Beyonce!

I guess if you don't like Janis Joplin than me comparing Joss Stone to someone you already don't like doesn't help my arguement! :thmup:

Regardless of these musical differences, I think you and I can agree RHCP should be at the superbowl instead of Beyonce?

Yes coltsfanmilyman,

I can emphatically agree 100% that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would put on a spectacular show. Since they were recently inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, booking this act would break the trend of light pop acts like Madonna and the Black Eyed Peas in recent SB Halftime appearances. Although, I thought ZZ Top kicked caboose when they were chosen to perform awhile back. The only band member without facial hair has a last name beard... haha Now, that is cool and the epitome of Rock N Roll IMHO.

Yes, without question, singer Mariah Carey went through a few years in her musical career where she went off the rails, tried to act tough and ghetto, and she just lost it. It really was not a good phase in her life professionally, personally, or musically IMO.

In terms of Joss Stone, I've heard worse, but I have also heard much, much better. Joss Stone is a speed dial solution when your established headliner gets sidelined with the flu or food poisoning. Joss Stone is a desperate last resort when a global event that must continue has no other option period. Book Josh Stone or cancel the whole show that kind of scenario.

I agree that Beyonce is primarily eye candy. She did have a good run with the group "Destiny's Child" though. I will admit that. I guess I just want performers that can really sing well and actually know how to play percussion, bass guitar, rhythm guitar, and not just keyboards and synthesizers etc. And why is the NFL so afraid of a little sexuality, especially when they permit alcohol and Trojan commercials? I'm not saying adult entertainment here, but can we move beyond Walt Disney PG acts with no passion, vitality, and intensity please. Or they go the opposite extreme and select an aging act that isn't even relevant anymore.

For the record, no I'm not a tea drinker or "tea bagger" for that matter. ;) Nice talking with you my friend as always. :thmup:

Cup-of-Green-Tea.jpg

I can tell you one thing, if I was put in control of the halftime show, people would actually be entertained because I would shake things up. As I mentioned at the start of this thread, any act regardless of their gender or name recognition must be able to perform well LIVE with no pre recorded tracks or material of any kind. I cannot emphasis that point enough: Stage fright and internal butterflies usually coincide with the most intoxicating and memorable performances in history. No security blanket just a basic sound check to make sure all the mics and band equipment is working properly and then just go out their and make magic happen baby. Think back to the days when you were working your tail off to get signed to a major corporate record label.

And please for God's sake can we move beyond Top 40 popular radio drivel please.

Joan Jett basic sound check...This woman can bring it baby!!! :thmup:

Joan Jett basic sound check #2:

Also, I really would like to bring in some international talent outside the borders and boundaries of the United States. In addition, inside this thread I also posted female Metal singers that I believed simply rocked. Just pick one, watch them LIVE, and then go on a multi-city radio tour 8 months before the SB to familiarize the audience with your overall set performance list and play tracks on the air. People need to be exposed to remarkable talent outside their own country and continent IMO.

Probably, the safest act among female Metal singers that I have chosen is Evanescence...Amy has some serious pipes now...She's legit and the REAL DEAL...

Eh, I don't mind this. I'm sure there may have been some better choices, but I have a lot of respect for Beyonce as an artist. However, my biggest concern is that considering the event I imagine they'll choose her more "upbeat" songs than her slower, award-winning songs, which will probably make the whole show kind of cheesy. I already picture a hundred dancers wearing all-black leotards dancing to "single ladies" -__-

I realize that I have mentioned this band before, but it's a bleeping travesty that Iron Maiden is not in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame...Another reason why I book them for a SB Halftime Show...Use this global exposure to get this great Metal band inducted.

Iron Maiden "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg"