Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Give luck some time

hambone35

Alot of people give luck a hard time and my expectations of him is high as well but he's a rookie period he still hasn't transitioned to the speed of the game as in college guaranteed give him another year or two your going to see one pheonominal gb he's already playing better then manning in his rookie l uck is as advertised give him some time and protection you will see the next great qb

Darn Luck. Already messing things up. He needs to go back to college for another year or something, work on that deep ball placement, and then come back and try again. He needs to win more games as well, myself and many others around the league were expecting him to be blowing people out of the water at this point, even with a bad line and below average running game. Luck doesn't deserve time, you guys might as well try to grab Barkley and trade Luck while he is still thought to be valuable.

Darn Luck. Already messing things up. He needs to go back to college for another year or something, work on that deep ball placement, and then come back and try again. He needs to win more games as well, myself and many others around the league were expecting him to be blowing people out of the water at this point, even with a bad line and below average running game. Luck doesn't deserve time, you guys might as well try to grab Barkley and trade Luck while he is still thought to be valuable.

Sarcasm !! Love it !!

He should have just stuck to being an Architect at least he's good at that on paper!!

It seems I didn't see the same game as most. I thought Luck did a good job. With most of the defensive line out of action, the Colt's couldn't stop the run and got behind early. This further negated a running game that was missing some key elements anyway. So, Luck steps up and with everyone in the stadium knowing the Colt's have to pass, he keeps his poise and puts the ball up 44 times. Sure, a few misses on touch passes(or misjudged routes) several dropped balls, and Cromartie blanketing Wayne and licking his chops. When the blocking would break down, he didn't bail and set sail to try to run, but used his skill to elude and give receivers time to work open. Every time he came on the field he adopted a strategy based on the situation that would give the Colt's a chance to win instead of accepting defeat and looking at it as practice.

That reminds me of another QB that I didn't want to let go away.

I think the ability to throw a good deep ball is severely over rated. Not unimportant, just over rated. Its much more important that your teams quarterback can throw the short and intermediate passes, passes into tight seams, passes on timing routes, and such. Most of the throws a quarterback will make in a game will be 30 yards or less.

Just Watched Peyton overcome a 24 to 0 halftime lead by San Diego and turn it into a 35 to 24 win for Denver! Peyton was amazing in the second half I believe only 1 incompletion in the second half! He wound up 24 out of 30 for 309 yds and 3 tds, to me he didn't look any different than he did 10 years ago! I am getting a little concerned about Luck's low completion percentage, I believe all the other rookie QB's have much higher completion percentage than him! I know people are going to blame the O-line or the lack of a good running attack, but I'm not buying it! Most every elite QB in this league has a completion percentage of between 65 and 70%, and a little above 50% is not cutting it with me! I believe at this stage of his NFL career he should be closer to 60% than 50%! I am really starting to wonder if the Colts did the right thing in letting the best QB to ever play this game walk, when he likely has 5 good years left in him, not to mention what he has meant to our franchise for the last 14 years! After watching the game tonight it made me sick to my stomach that Peyton is not with the Colts anymore! If these less heralded rookie QB's can throw more accurately than Luck early in their careers, i feel there is definitely a concern!

Just Watched Peyton overcome a 24 to 0 halftime lead by San Diego and turn it into a 35 to 24 win for Denver! Peyton was amazing in the second half I believe only 1 incompletion in the second half! He wound up 24 out of 30 for 309 yds and 3 tds, to me he didn't look any different than he did 10 years ago! I am getting a little concerned about Luck's low completion percentage, I believe all the other rookie QB's have much higher completion percentage than him! I know people are going to blame the O-line or the lack of a good running attack, but I'm not buying it! Most every elite QB in this league has a completion percentage of between 65 and 70%, and a little above 50% is not cutting it with me! I believe at this stage of his NFL career he should be closer to 60% than 50%! I am really starting to wonder if the Colts did the right thing in letting the best QB to ever play this game walk, when he likely has 5 good years left in him, not to mention what he has meant to our franchise for the last 14 years! After watching the game tonight it made me sick to my stomach that Peyton is not with the Colts anymore! If these less heralded rookie QB's can throw more accurately than Luck early in their careers, i feel there is definitely a concern!

so you expect luck to be " elite " as you put it right now???? sorry to say but Manning had a comp.% of 54 % i believe it was his rookie year. he wasnt nothing to brag about his rookie year either. good to know you lost faith in our QB.

Its not an excuse for him but this should help you put it into perspective.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1368305-all-22-review-why-is-andrew-lucks-completion-percentage-so-low

You believe he should be more accurate? I would imagine that everyone else is thinking the same thing. Peyton is gone, let it go. I am tired of all the Andrew Luck bashing on here, he is our QB wether we like it or not, I happen to like it. How many rookie qb's would you call elite?

Maybe Arians should scale back the playbook a little with Luck and concentrate on more short to intermediate passes. I'd still like to see Luck use his mobility and roll out of the pocket with bootlegs and such.

Lets not make any changes after 5 weeks....

he's doing very well for a rookie QB....

What's this thread in response to - I haven't seen anybody not giving him time, or saying he's doing badly, or expressing doubts or anything? He wasn't very good against Jets but if anybody reacts to that by thinking we should jump on his back then they need to calm down.

People seem to forget that 1998 looked pretty bad, much worse than this year so far. I love how some people say they have low expectations for this team and then fly off the deep end after each loss.

I think it's all perspective. The years leading up to 1998 were mostly lean years with Harbaugh and the AFC Championship game against the Steelers about the only bright spot. There are a bunch of fans now that all they really know are the Manning years and maybe don't appreciate how hard it is to win in the NFL. Every week all the teams are playing hard to win.

This will take time and it will be a roller coaster year. And next year too.

You believe he should be more accurate? I would imagine that everyone else is thinking the same thing. Peyton is gone, let it go. I am tired of all the Andrew Luck bashing on here, he is our QB wether we like it or not, I happen to like it. How many rookie qb's would you call elite?

well apparently he thinks weeden,tannenhill,and wilson are much better then luck. we can def. figure out by his posting he is a Manning fan and not a colt fan by the way he talks badly about our QB. I myself think luck is doing a pretty darn good job concidering the offensive line he was given.

and i def. agree on on he should get over Peyton Manning already.

Well these less heralded QB’s have better teams around them hence the reason they finished with better records than the Colts last year. And don’t forget that Peyton’s play also dug that 24 point hole.

There is no pill that we can take to make the team instantly better. We can’t go online and get next day delivery of a new team. It is what it is. I know it is against the American way of instant gratification but get used to the idea that IT WILL TAKE TIME TO GET BETTER!!!!!!!! We have an offence loaded with rookies and a defense full of backups and practice squad players. To think that Andrew is going to come into that kind of situation and play like he is a 14 year veteran borders on ridiculous.

Well these less heralded QB’s have better teams around them hence the reason they finished with better records than the Colts last year. And don’t forget that Peyton’s play also dug that 24 point hole.

There is no pill that we can take to make the team instantly better. We can’t go online and get next day delivery of a new team. It is what it is. I know it is against the American way of instant gratification but get used to the idea that IT WILL TAKE TIME TO GET BETTER!!!!!!!! We have an offence loaded with rookies and a defense full of backups and practice squad players. To think that Andrew is going to come into that kind of situation and play like he is a 14 year veteran borders on ridiculous.

I can agree with everything you said except the part of Peyton digging the 24 point hole. He didn't unless he is now playing on Special Teams. :funny: and one of his receivers tripping on a open field that was a sure TD. :headspin:

I can agree with everything you said except the part of Peyton digging the 24 point hole. He didn't unless he is now playing on Special Teams. :funny: and one of his receivers tripping on a open field that was a sure TD. :headspin:

Ok maybe that was a little stretch but they didn't score any points in the first half and that was what i was trying to get at

You're right, Luck's completion percentage is down right unaxeptable! We should trade him to the Jaguars for Mojo Drew. Then they'll consistantly win games with Luck as he progresses, and we'll consistantly be in the gutter. Nevermind that Manning's completion percentage was in the low 50's his rookie year. We want to compare Luck to Manning now, as that's the only fair way to compare the two. And nevermind that Luck is throwing to Allen, Fleener, Hilton, Brazill, (all rookies) and Avery who is new to the team and Wayne, who is in a new system after an entire career in the old system. But let's be fair and point the finger at Luck. Sarcasm off.

To be fair, Luck is not without blame, but he's been playing amazingly well given his circumstances.

well apparently he thinks weeden,tannenhill,and wilson are much better then luck. we can def. figure out by his posting he is a Manning fan and not a colt fan by the way he talks badly about our QB. I myself think luck is doing a pretty darn good job concidering the offensive line he was given.

and i def. agree on on he should get over Peyton Manning already.

Sure I'm a Manning fan, look whats he's done for the Colts for all these years, and if you don't appreciate Manning for what he has meant to the Colts, then what kind of Colts fan are you. What's your problem I never said anything bad about Luck, nor have I lost faith in him, just being concerned, does not mean I'm bashing the guy! And no I'll never get over Irsay letting the best QB that ever played walk, whether you like it or not!

What's this thread in response to - I haven't seen anybody not giving him time, or saying he's doing badly, or expressing doubts or anything? He wasn't very good against Jets but if anybody reacts to that by thinking we should jump on his back then they need to calm down.

I heard Jerry Hughes jumped on Andrew's back.....well he tried too but missed by a few yards.....

Sure I'm a Manning fan, look whats he's done for the Colts for all these years, and if you don't appreciate Manning for what he has meant to the Colts, then what kind of Colts fan are you. What's your problem I never said anything bad about Luck, nor have I lost faith in him, just being concerned, does not mean I'm bashing the guy! And no I'll never get over Irsay letting the best QB that ever played walk, whether you like it or not!

I don't think there is anybody on this forum that does not fully appreciate what a special player Manning was. Not one. But the vast majority are moving on with our new QB. I, for one, see a great future with him. BTW, did you not watch the 2nd half last week? #18 is not the only one who can lead great comebacks......

Colts fans need to accept that Andrew Luck is going to play poorly many times this year (already has 2 full games and several halves where he's really struggled). That's what a rookie on a bad team will do. When compared to veteran QBs he will stack up very unfavorably.

If you want draw comparisons then he should be compared to RG3,Wilson,Weeden (who we'll see this week), and Tannehill.

Andrew Luck will get better but we really need to hope that all those offensive draft picks do as well. Next year we're going to have to draft on the defensive side so these rookies better show some big improvements or we're gonna be in a world of hurt for years.

Did you see Phillip Rivers in the 2nd half of the Broncos/Chargers game? That was one of the elite QB's getting obliterated on every play and he was throwing interceptions trying to make plays. That was pretty comparable to Luck Sunday. It happens.

I don't think Rivers has been elite.

Well, we never blew a 24 point lead with Luck. I hope it doesn't happen. That Broncos comeback though for me was as much a defensive comeback for the Broncos as it was an offensive comeback. I felt it was a true team effort. PM did great, but two defensive scores sure helped too.

Luck helped lead a comeback vs. a team considered one of the best in the league with arguably the best QB in football today. An emotional team win. It was not just Luck too, many guys stepped it up to make it happen and most notably Reggie Wayne. In fact without the pick starting the second half it might never have happened and the defense did it's job for one half too.

Comeback glory often goes to the QB but they are a team earned victory too.

As much as I like comeback wins I still prefer to play a clean game from start to finish so we are not in those holes. It doesn't always happen though. I'll take any win we can get no matter how it happens though.

sfds.jpg