Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collins Or Painter

Dtman513

Collins Or Painter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets The Start Against Cincy?

Well since Caldwell( no bashing please) said Painter is inconsistant we need to see what Collins can do. Why pay him the money if your not going to see how he can perform with the starters. I for one would like to see Collins play in the next game. Nothing against Painter he had a good game but I thought they would let him play longer and wish they would have done so. We know that the other 2 back ups will probably be cut since Collins signed on so it would have been nice to see Painter play longer because a back up needs to be able to handle the whole game. JMO of course. :applause:

To be fair let Collins start like they did Painter last week and let him play with the starters. Then if they want to see Painter let him finish the game. Wouldn't be fair to just let Collins play with the backups but that again is my opinion. The next game should just be Collins 1st and then Painter 2nd

Edited by Susie Q

Collins. With our running game coming along nicely, we just need to complete a couple of short and middle passes to keep the drives rolling. Painter can't consistently throw accurately enough to sustain drives and keep us out of 3 and 8. He played better in the GB game, but lets not get to carried away. He was a wide open Reggie away from another far subpar outting. Collins knows the division and is capable of making reads and adjustments at the line that Painter, IMO, can not. I believe we can win some football games with Collins under center. With Painter, I don't believe we can. Everyone simply forgets about the 4th quarter, which is something Painter will, in all likelyhood, not have the gusto for.

Edit: My reading comprehension needs to be worked on, I thought this was for week 1. Preseason, Painter. Get him all the work he can handle. Throw Collins in the 2nd half, let him get loosened up for game day.

I can't believe anybody would vote for Painter. Jesus, people the starters are barely gonna play at all and if Collins is gonna be the starter week 1 then he needs to at least get a few reps with the 1st team offense in game action. If Collins had to go into week 1 without any time at all with the starters except in practice, the 1st game could be a disaster. He actually needs a lot more time than he will ever get the chance to have since like I said, the starters will barely play.

I'll go ahead and vote Painter. I want to see if he continue what he did against the Pack.

Exactly.

I believe that we kind of owe it to Painter, to give the lad a fighting chance to win our trust and games for Colts. I would be pretty negative, if I had been training and training as a backup for years behind a QB that never gets injured during RS or PO and then, when the first real opertunity arrives, get benched and watch a new QB from a rivaling team gets the spotlight.

Look at it like this IF PAINTER actually played with the STARTing WIDE RECIEVERS like he did vs pack he did GREAT............but then also i havent seen kerry collins play yet for colts

I agree with you Painter had a good game. I can't say it was great but I can't see why the FO would pay the money they did to sign Collins and then not let him play a game with the starters in preseason. Sounds kind of dumb. If it was just to put some fire under Painters behind then that was a lot of money to encourage Painter to get it together. I would still say start Collins first and then let Painter finish the game and see how he does. He needs to be able to play with all the players not just the starters. It will be interesting to see what the FO does. If I was a betting person for the money spent I think they will start Collins. lol

I think I heard some where last week the plan is to start Collins this week so he can get some work with the starters. They know what Painter can do with them so that would make some sense.

Yea there was an article about usually the starters dont play much if at all but its gonna change this year since collins is here, so im guessing he's gonna start..

It's preseason. That's what preseason is for. Furthermore, Curtis knows the playbook. Collins doesn't.

Kerry can get his snaps in the 2nd half.

This isn't the first time Collins has had to learn a new system he'll do just fine picking ours up. No he wont have the full playbook Manning has but he'll have enough of it that he can run the offense I am sure.

This isn't the first time Collins has had to learn a new system he'll do just fine picking ours up. No he wont have the full playbook Manning has but he'll have enough of it that he can run the offense I am sure.

Maybe... maybe not. But it'd be a shame to not see if Painter can build on his last game. If he stinks, sure... put Collins in. But really, isn't this what preseason is all about?

Painter earned another start with his show last weekend, but if he plays any deeper than the rest of the starters (the one series they will play) he's going to struggle without Reggie in there to help carry him.

Collins plays the rest of the time. I doubt we see Orlovsky until the second half of the 4th.

Maybe... maybe not. But it'd be a shame to not see if Painter can build on his last game. If he stinks, sure... put Collins in. But really, isn't this what preseason is all about?

Not this yr.. When you have to bring in a new QB the 3rd week of preseason and plan to have him start week 1 then he needs time with the starters. It is absolutely baffling to me after 1 decent half of football in 3 yrs. people think Painter is the man now.

It is absolutely baffling to me after 1 decent half of football in 3 yrs. people think Painter is the man now.

JaMarcus Russell had a good game one time... So you're saying he's not a great player?

Why, this just cannot be! It simply defies the laws of physics!

What do you know?! One great half DOES mean a guy is the answer! Don't you remember Kenton Keith?! You just go and ask him about it. He'll tell you. You ask him next time he's bagging your groceries at the store...

Your crackpot theory is tearing a hole in the space-time continuum. Stop it before we're all sucked into an alternate dimension where the Bengals are good and MLB is relevant!

( :sarcasm: for those who wouldn't have figured it out otherwise...)

Not this yr.. When you have to bring in a new QB the 3rd week of preseason and plan to have him start week 1 then he needs time with the starters. It is absolutely baffling to me after 1 decent half of football in 3 yrs. people think Painter is the man now.

The move to sign collins was a bad one for one he's old and expensive they could have gotten someone else. Painter may not be the man but it sure kept the painter bashers quiet, showed that painter is not even close to a bad QB and he definitely is an NFL backup.. Collins is gonna see some playtime with the starters in the bengals game but it would be nice to see painter have another good game.

The move to sign collins was a bad one for one he's old and expensive they could have gotten someone else. Painter may not be the man but it sure kept the painter bashers quiet, showed that painter is not even close to a bad QB and he definitely is an NFL backup.. Collins is gonna see some playtime with the starters in the bengals game but it would be nice to see painter have another good game.

Painter had a good game but I won't think that is was not because he had Wayne helping a little. Lets see what he can do with the second string. They have enough practice that if he can run the team he can do it with them also. I still think for the money spent Collins should start with the starters and see what happens. I hope Painter can step up again like last week. Time will tell. Don't think it will matter because I think Peyton will start against Houston anyway. lol

Painter had a good game but I won't think that is was not because he had Wayne helping a little. Lets see what he can do with the second string. They have enough practice that if he can run the team he can do it with them also. I still think for the money spent Collins should start with the starters and see what happens. I hope Painter can step up again like last week. Time will tell. Don't think it will matter because I think Peyton will start against Houston anyway. lol

No one can deny that wayne helped i mean after all Wayne is one of the best WR's in the league but with that being said painter had to get the ball there accurately which he did so he deserves notification. I hope peyton starts cause i dont like collins, he's old and expensive. should have gotten a kyle boller or something and save that money for the defense i say.

Dont worry about it Blazer. Painter won't take a single snap in the regular season.

Painter should've played the entire game against GB. What was the point in playing anyone else, if they're going to be cut?

Collins should start against the Bengals, and have him in most of the game since its his only opportunity to prepare for the regular season.

Painter should've played the entire game against GB. What was the point in playing anyone else, if they're going to be cut?

Collins should start against the Bengals, and have him in most of the game since its his only opportunity to prepare for the regular season.

Logic! Huh, imagine that. It just isn't logical at all to have Painter start this game unless they are planning on him starting week 1 if Manning can't go.

Logic! Huh, imagine that. It just isn't logical at all to have Painter start this game unless they are planning on him starting week 1 if Manning can't go.

Collins is starting thats why they will be playing the starters for a few series i doubt they will play a quarter though.

Excellent point. I wondered the same thing. Either see if Painter can finish or let Collins get back into the game.