Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie out for year

MTC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just such a shame that he is so fragile or perhaps it's just the worst luck in the world of football players. I've never seen anything like it and I've seen the likes of Steve Entman and many others come and go. I was just hoping they would give him an out route or something down field instead of the sandwich pass/catch right over no-mans-land, i was just cringing. I can see Dallas Clark catching those types of passes but NOT Austin, he's just too fragile but he is a slot guy or hybrid slot guy so yea, hard cheese was laid down on him.

Via twitter

@TribStarTJames: Collie suffered ruptured patella tendon. Out for year. Going to IR.

This could be it for his career.. sad way to end it.. :(

I have to admit....to, too

If this is the end of his career...I'm glad he wont be getting knocked out on the field repeatedly...

Its just not worth it...concussions are cumulative

Its not safe for him to play...I dont want him comitting suicide when he's 50

I wish him and his family well..but I'm happy for him that he wont be playing this year..or hopefully ever again

I don't know any football players with this injury, besides Collie. However Rafael Nadal just tore his, and he is expected to come back in about two months.

His must not be bad, I looked it up and from what I've read usually a tear is like an ACL in the fact that it takes a long time to heal.

That being said, most NFL players really don't fully recover I guess. That's what happened to Cadillac Williams.

His must not be bad, I looked it up and from what I've read usually a tear is like an ACL in the fact that it takes a long time to heal.

That being said, most NFL players really don't fully recover I guess. That's what happened to Cadillac Williams.

Nadal has been out for quite some time before the announcement. So I don't know when he did it.

lmao I didn't know anyone else who had that injury.

No, spot on comparison.

I'm just curious if the rehab time is different for contact sports vs non contact. I'm not sure if the leg is ready and healthy enough to run on sooner than it is to take hits.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much....

No, spot on comparison.

I'm just curious if the rehab time is different for contact sports vs non contact. I'm not sure if the leg is ready and healthy enough to run on sooner than it is to take hits.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much....

Well with no medical history in my education, I would think tennis players have more wear on their knees than football players. For football players it isn't an issue until they take a bad hit.

Then again I have no medical training or anything close to it. So it's only a guess.

Well with no medical history in my education, I would think tennis players have more wear on their knees than football players. For football players it isn't an issue until they take a bad hit.

Then again I have no medical training or anything close to it. So it's only a guess.

That's was what I was weighing as well. Knees take such a pounding in tennis, but they literally take them in football.

Wish someone smarter than me would set us straight lol.

True but that's about to skyrocket unfortunately. Sucks :(

Yea that is true. I didn't account for the remaining 13 games when I was thinking about it.

I still think he has a good chance for getting a call for camp on a one year vet minimum contract. That is if he wants to continue to play. I would take a guess that he does.

It's his contract year and the chances of us re-signing him are slim to none. I doubt any other team would sign him just because of his injuries.

It would be a shame, I think he still has miles left on him and can be productive. I think he loves the game and wont hang up the cleats. I say Denver will dial him up.

It would be a shame, I think he still has miles left on him and can be productive. I think he loves the game and wont hang up the cleats. I say Denver will dial him up.

I can see this happening. They would not hesitate to usher in help for Peyton. So far the Denver receivers forgot their hands at home.

That knee injury may have saved his life.

Things happen for a reason. I believe God has a plan for Austin Collie's life beyond football. What some may perceive as tragedy is to those with discernment mercy being extended. Austin Collie thanks for all that you gave us. You put it on the line every day. We want to see you have a full healthy life man. Wishing you the best.

this is sad, but he was a joy to watch when he was on the field. I guess WR will be a primary need in next year's draft, hopefully we can find a our megatron! Enough with these small receivers, i say we need to look at a andre johnson or brandon marshall type of WR with skills... i can only dream :goodluck:

When a door closes, another opens. It is up to each individual to see it and walk through. Thank you Austin for your efforts to the Colts both up to now, and if you play for us again or move someday to another place within the franchise. May your feelings of doubt or failure be replaced soon with completeness and excitement for the future.

We love you.

Might be a blessing in disguise for the poor guy. I will admit to getting close to teary eyed when he first went down....thought it was another concussion for a second.

That's where i am..If a man is doing something that is life-threatening.........

I want it stopped and I dont care how...

too many helmet to helmet hits for a young man....Irsay should write him a chcek and tell him to please quit

Probably just the overall injuries in general.

Kind of like a Bob Sanders like scenario. Great player when healthy but just has been riddled with injuries.

I think he's relatively durable though. Had 2-3 concussions 1 year, little to no injuries the next year, then gets a concussion in the preseason, then knee the injury came out of nowhere. That kind of injury history is nothing like Gonzo or Sanders. There's little to no history with injuries to the body.

I think he's relatively durable though. Had 2-3 concussions 1 year, little to no injuries the next year, then gets a concussion in the preseason, then knee the injury came out of nowhere. That kind of injury history is nothing like Gonzo or Sanders. There's little to no history with injuries to the body.

The knee will slow him down but the concussion issue will scare teams off.