Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense!

Smitto

There were some good things with the D. Cory Redding showed why he was the priority signing this offseason. Moala played on the Vikings side of the LOS most of the D. But,personally, I'm not going to give a lot of praise to a D that allows Christian Freakin' Ponder to go 27 of 35 for 245 yards and two TDs. Part of that is Manusky's fault, not calling the correct D, but some of that falls on the players as well.

Its good to get AP and MJD early in the season before they are really in game shape as both have missed a great deal of time. We also will have back to back weeks with sub-par young qbs to go up against. It will be important to string some wins together early...they will only get more difficult against better opponents.

There were some good things with the D. Cory Redding showed why he was the priority signing this offseason. Moala played on the Vikings side of the LOS most of the D. But,personally, I'm not going to give a lot of praise to a D that allows Christian Freakin' Ponder to go 27 of 35 for 245 yards and two TDs. Part of that is Manusky's fault, not calling the correct D, but some of that falls on the players as well.

how you gonna try and downplay his game when he did the same thing against a pretty good jags defense? ponder had a nice game with no turnovers with some good short passes leaving it to his receivers to get the yards.. overall pretty good defense for the colts... especially from keeping the vikes from getting any big passing plays.

how you gonna try and downplay his game when he did the same thing against a pretty good jags defense?

I'm not down playing his game... and Jags does not have a pretty good defense. The Jags are really bad this year.
ponder had a nice game with no turnovers with some good short passes leaving it to his receivers to get the yards.. overall pretty good defense for the colts... especially from keeping the vikes from getting any big passing plays.

So, it's a good defense even though Ponder 78% percent of his passes with no turnovers.. Okay Smitto, if you consider that good then I can't help that.... me, I will be happy the team is improving but I will keep my standards of good D and wait until they play a good game before I praise them.

Thanks for the Update.........Still AP held to 60 yds 3.8 avg per touch ill take that and be proud no matter how big of a lead we have.

I can't resist...... Please keep your snide intros to another forum. No one, especially me deserves that type of response. Besides your "Thanks for the update" regurgitation, I pretty much agree with you.......

I'm not down playing his game... and Jags does not have a pretty good defense. The Jags are really bad this year.

So, it's a good defense even though Ponder 78% percent of his passes with no turnovers.. Okay Smitto, if you consider that good then I can't help that.... me, I will be happy the team is improving but I will keep my standards of good D and wait until they play a good game before I praise them.

Did we watch the same game? ponder made short completions most of the game... not alot you can do to defend that. Completions dont really tell the whole story either. Colts defense had a pretty good game, would have been even better if they had kept that tipped TD off the board.

Can we get some praise for the defense... AP 60yds 3.8avg a touch... constant pressure. Freeman is starting to look like the real deal, Mathis and Hughes had a great game today. Thoughts?

very, very good......with Freeney and Angerer both out.....we controlled a good offense......until that tipped ball TD.

,and Adam V came through after a miss in Chicago.....

Give Manusky at least enough credit that he called a good enough game to execute a 4th down stand to hold it at 20-6 in the middle of the 4th....interrupted by only a fluke.

Did we watch the same game?

Probably not... I watched the game with understanding.
ponder made short completions most of the game... not alot you can do to defend that.
I'm sorry, do short completions not count and move the chains? Wasn't it the short completions that lead to 2 TDs.
Completions dont really tell the whole story either.
Nope they don't, that is why I didn't just mention completions but the yardage and TDs and lack of turnovers.
Colts defense had a pretty good game, would have been even better if they had kept that tipped TD off the board.

Again the D showed some nice improvement that is good to see with a new system, but it was far from a good game or a game that deserves praise.

Give Manusky at least enough credit that he called a good enough game to execute a 4th down stand to hold it at 20-6 in the middle of the 4th....interrupted by only a fluke.

Which part am I supposed to give him credit? That Redding tipped it, that the receiver still caught it or that, or the poor defensive calls that allowed the Vikes to moves easily to the 7?

The main that that prevented fans from calling this a defensive meltdown by the Colts is the fantastic play of Luck, Avery and Wayne at the end of each half.

D played great for the majority of the game, that tipped pass was a fluke. Powers played great, Redding was a monster all day. Didn't see many passes go Vontae's way but he was good in run support. King was terrible and got worked all day and I have yet to see Zbi do anything at all. Once Angerer gets back I want him to play with alongside Freeman. Not that Conner was bad, just that Freeman is all over the place. A solid performance by the D who wasn't getting any favors from the conservative O in the second half.