Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts moved to 27

mark5362

Someday someone will have to explain why anyone cares about this. Will we get a BCS game if we're ranked high in the poll?

I'm not sure, perhaps. I'll look into it. If they do well the Colts might be able to play in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. Who needs the super bowl when you have the FAMMCB.

The opening game on Sunday against the Bears will be a very important indicator on two fronts. One, it will give us a strong glimpse of where the Colts are destined to go this year, and maybe more importantly two, will Andrew Luck be that once in a generation quarterback that leads us down the same path that #18 did for thirteen years. I know it's only 1 game but the preseason means absolutely nothing, so when Sunday rolls around, this is where we'll have a much better idea of how the Colts and #12 will fare not only this year, but also in the forseeable future.

The power rankings are the most irrelevant published thing out there......they mean absolutely nothing and are purely opinion. Never really understood the point.

They are no more or less relevant than this forum, or any other media offering. It's there to stimulate debate, interest and entertainment. Those knocking it are guilty of just offering more of the same. We are interested to hear what FJC, GoColts18to88 and Warhorse (etc)have to say, so why can't we be interested in what Buckie Brooks has to say?

Note: in the NFL.com poll, only Willie McGinest placed us last! The NE / Indy rivalry will never fade!

They are no more or less relevant than this forum, or any other media offering. It's there to stimulate debate, interest and entertainment. Those knocking it are guilty of just offering more of the same. We are interested to hear what FJC, GoColts18to88 and Warhorse (etc)have to say, so why can't we be interested in what Buckie Brooks has to say?

Note: in the NFL.com poll, only Willie McGinest placed us last! The NE / Indy rivalry will never fade!

I wasn't criticizing the OP, just the idea of Power Rankings.