Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Is Looking At Favre

Bloodknight

Favre a Colt?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jim Irsay seriously considering Favre?

• No; this is merely a joke
    • Yes; we need a legitimate and available QB to fill in
    • Jim has lost his mind

This story ("Irsay in Favre's Hometown") was just posted on NFL.com, and is based on a tweet by Jim Irsay which read that he was in Favre's small hometown of Hattiesburg. Whether or not this is pure humour on Irsay's part (most likely) or an actual consideration is up for debate. Either way it's fueling the now concern that we may need a competent QB to fill in if Peyton is not ready in time. There is a general consensus that Painter cannot lead this team to victory.

Your thoughts?

Link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821a11ae/article/here-we-go-colts-ower-irsay-tweets-hes-in-favres-hometown?module=HP11_headline_stack

NOW ESPN has picked up on it. Just go to the NFL headlines. Geez, i figured ESPN would get the joke. NOT!!!!!!!

Isray also tweeted "Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack..." ESPN should send a few reporters out there to find out their names.

Good ol' Willie Wonker is up to his old tricks again

irsayaswonka.jpg

Surprised he doesn't put out 5 golden tickets in candy bars with invitations to come to camp and try out for the QB spot

Note to the media if a man dresses like this and goes out in public you can't take everything he says seriously.

Anyone else think Jim Irsay gives Bill Polian nigtmares at night?

This is hilarious. Props to Irsay. I'm sure he didn't intend for it to end up on the front page of every sports site (credible or not) including our local news, FFS! I actually can't even see the Polians being angry with this. The entire FO is more then likely having a laugh at the medias expense. I expect to see this all over ESPN daytime TV tomorrow.

Surely it couldn't be that difficult to verify Irsay's location.

They are talking with Gary Collins. This brings me tothe subject I an getting hammered on in the forum as I say we do not have a back up and we will pay the price. If we did why are the Colts earching and why do 100% of the sports reporters agree with me? The Colts are stupid to believe they can go in to the PLAYOFFS with the bums they have at QB backup.

They are talking with Gary Collins. This brings me tothe subject I an getting hammered on in the forum as I say we do not have a back up and we will pay the price. If we did why are the Colts earching and why do 100% of the sports reporters agree with me? The Colts are stupid to believe they can go in to the PLAYOFFS with the bums they have at QB backup.

I too believe that a spare tire is of no use when it holds no air. The Colts have neither the incentive nor the money to endear a quality back-up. So it is with much liability that we must choose our poison and hope to never ingest it.

To that I would be in err to fail to point out that we have sauntered into two Super Bowl games with a "bum" behind Manning. For this, Sorgi has a Super Bowl Ring and this fact alone says much toward the franchises betting habits. When they bet on blue 18 the result always exceeds failure by many marks.

dont worry about getting hammered on this forum for saying what you think the colts need.some of us like to hear how it really is. i too think the colts need a better backup qb.

I think you are referring to Kerry Collins. If Kerry Collins did have intentions of retiring and does not mind coming back, I would not mind signing him to a 1 yr. deal and draft a better prospect in next year's draft. If we do it for 1 yr., it is likely we can afford something more than on a long term basis, on the cost front to the Colts. Besides the vet factor and the fact that Bill Polian drafted him originally, the thing I like about Kerry Collins is that he knows the division which is more important than anything else for a 1 yr. short gap plan when Manning is rehabbing from a surgery.

Does anybody really think favre would actually play second fiddle to Manning???

Not gonna happen, to much ego there.

Pretending Irsay's tweet wasn't a complete joke for a moment, these are my thoughts exactly. I kind of like Favre, but he's league-wide known to be a prima donna. Favre would never be a backup.

Guest BlueShoe

Good ol' Willie Wonker is up to his old tricks again

irsayaswonka.jpg

Surprised he doesn't put out 5 golden tickets in candy bars with invitations to come to camp and try out for the QB spot

Proof that we should have drafted Golden Tate!! ;)

Then explain how Sorgi has a Super Bowl ring..

Irsay has a quirky sense of humor. I think he's toying with the media and possibly, this could be a smokescreen. Colts usually dismiss all of the talk and then sign someone ala Tommie Harris et. al.

Not sure I'd like Favre b/c I don't think his pride would let him back up Peyton Manning. I'd see K. Collins, if he's willing, being an option for a one year contract.

Does anybody really think favre would actually play second fiddle to Manning???

Not gonna happen, to much ego there.

First of all it was a joke. However one of the local radio shows today brought up a good point, Favre isn't realistic because of the cap. It took 20 mil last year to get him to play and we don't have that kind of money.

Where have you heard about them talking with Collins? He is a name that I have heard mentioned by media types as a possibility, but nothing confirmed.