Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Question?

How do you see that Ballard is already lining up coordinators?

Not saying you're wrong, just wondering how you arrived at this view?

Stephen Holder's latest article says Chris Ballard and Josh McDaniels have the same agent.

He also represented Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson, Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy, and Mike Holmgren and Pat Shurmur. That's three GM/coaching tandems that were paired up over the last decade.

I'm sure that's entirely coincidental, but maybe it's not...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Stephen Holder's latest article says Chris Ballard and Josh McDaniels have the same agent.

He also represented Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson, Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy, and Mike Holmgren and Pat Shurmur. That's three GM/coaching tandems that were paired up over the last decade.

I'm sure that's entirely coincidental, but maybe it's not...

Interesting.....

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we arent 0-16 bad, but we were 4-12 without him.  the oline sucks, the running game sucks, the defense was what like 30th.  that was with a schedule where we avoided the top seeds in the league  

its an exaggeration to call it the worst job in sports, but i can see why a coach would be skeptical if luck is not guaranteed to go 

We were just one year removed from a terrible GM.. Of course we aren’t gonna win a lot of games without the star QB.

The giants lost more than we did. And had locker room problems. Why aren’t they mentioned as a bad place to work, like Indy?

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Let me ask you a question.

Where are you getting the information that said the Colts were a bad place to work?

I think people are getting it from the sports media. Most of the shows/talking heads are talking how NYG is the premier job, and Indy is usually middle to low on most of their lists. 

3 minutes ago, esmort said:

I think people are getting from it from the sports media. Most of the shows/talking heads are talking how NYG is the premier job, and Indy is usually middle to low on most of their lists. 

It's the same thing Indy has always fought, whether it's the NFL, NBA or NASCAR.... it's a small market compared to New York. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It's the same thing Indy ha always fought, whether it's the NFL, NBA or NASCAR.... it's a small market compared to New York. 

Yeah usually the reasoning is the NY market, the NYG historic and solid franchise, maybe no Luck, and our roster is not great. 

I was going to say also something interesting else interesting about this subject. I just read an article about Josh McDaniels in Bleacher Report. It was about him learning from his time in Denver. The most interesting part. After being fired a person he sought out... Tony Dungy. It said that he spoke with him at length on several occasions about what he needed to change. 

Justthiught it it was interesting. Another connection to Indy perhaps. 

Indy's market sure didn't hinder Peyton's endorsement opportunities.  The NFL views Green Bay and Pittsburgh as two of its premiere markets, thus market-size is not a concern for the league as teams like NY and Miami don't have an advantage when it comes to signing free agents.  LA's fair weather market is no count either.  

Although I believe market size is a myth as it pertains to the NFL, Indy is the 15th largest city in the US, and steadily growing, not shrinking.  Since there are 32 teams I will accept the term medium market but not the term small market due to the stigma attached to this false narrative.  As far as regional support outside of Indiana the Colts are making great headway with affiliates in Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri.  

7 hours ago, Clem-Dog said:

Indy's market sure didn't hinder Peyton's endorsement opportunities.  The NFL views Green Bay and Pittsburgh as two of its premiere markets, thus market-size is not a concern for the league as teams like NY and Miami don't have an advantage when it comes to signing free agents.  LA's fair weather market is no count either.  

Although I believe market size is a myth as it pertains to the NFL, Indy is the 15th largest city in the US, and steadily growing, not shrinking.  Since there are 32 teams I will accept the term medium market but not the term small market due to the stigma attached to this false narrative.  As far as regional support outside of Indiana the Colts are making great headway with affiliates in Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri.  

I'm not saying it's true. In saying that's the national medias perception and portrayals 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905745/article/where-things-stand-for-cardinals-colts-giants-lions-vacancies

Indianapolis Colts

Indianapolis has narrowed its search to two candidates: Patriotsoffensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel. The plan is to gather intel this weekend, meet, then proceed on Monday with either second interviews or simply by making a choice. McDaniels figures to be the front-runner, in part because if it was Vrabel the Colts would have made a move already. Based on the relationship between GM Chris Ballard and McDaniels, as well as McDaniels' prowess with the quarterback position, McDaniels has long been in the lead. The only issue is, the hire may not be made until early February

Let's hope that's true. 

I wouldn't completely dismiss Vrabel, though.  At the beginning of the process, everyone assumed it would be one of the KC guys, but Ballard is all about competition.  I thought if someone else came in and blew him away in the interview process, he would probably hire him.  Still true.  Everyone assumes it will be McDaniels, but if he loves what he sees and hears from Vrabel, he'll probably hire him.  It's true they could already have hired Vrabel, but they could already have ended the process in McDaniels" favor as well.

Very curious that Toub was the favorite for a year, then failed to even get an interview.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, NFLfan said:

Does Matt Patricia seem like a Giants type coach?

On 1/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, Defjamz26 said:

No way. He’s be a perfect fit for the Jets, but the Giants organization and their fan base here is pretty classy. 

Yeah, Schefter is reporting that Patricia is expected to be named the Lions head coach. So, the Colts will compete with the Giants for McDaniels.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22094437/new-england-patriots-dc-matt-patricia-expected-next-head-coach-detroit-lions

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, Schefter is reporting that Patricia is expected to be named the Lions head coach. So, the Colts will compete with the Giants for McDaniels.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22094437/new-england-patriots-dc-matt-patricia-expected-next-head-coach-detroit-lions

I’d take McDaniels over Vrabel and Patricia so I’m not too upset at this news.