Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Will the assistant coaches pool pickings be slim by the time a decision is made?

Well like @Superman was saying before, it could be a very similar scenario to the 49ers hiring Shanahan last year. He essentially low-key assembled a staff on the side during the Falcons Super Bowl run. In both instances, said coaching candidate had a bye week during the wild card round, and a bye week prior to the Super Bowl. That's 2 weeks just to send a few texts or make phone calls to guys that he felt comfortable with. By the time the Super Bowl ended, Shanahan had his staff and was ready to roll.

13 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Man the hate for Josh is unreal. Because he's a Pat coach? 

Y'know, when you believe that much of the Pats' success is due to cheating (as I do), you don't want possibly one of the premier cheaters in the league to come to your team.  Not many things would make me abandon my fanship, but if the team starts trying to cheat its way to the top, I'm out....

54 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They'll do the same thing that always happens when someone leaves New England...

Reports come out that a player/coach may leave: No way he goes theyah, those guys ah gahbage!

Player/coach leaves: I never liked his attitude when he was heyah anyway, he's nobawhdy without Tawmmy & Bill, the guy's a bum, he's gahbage!

That was fantastic lol :jump:

14 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Man the hate for Josh is unreal. Because he's a Pat coach? 

Nah, because he has been involved in 2 seperate videotaping scandals, he failed miserably in Denver, reports out of Denver and Ne whether they are true or not state the guy is an *, not likeable at all has a lot of "locker room issues" so to say, and its just my personal opinion that he will not succeed without BB and Brady.

18 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Okay and there’s how many teams without a franchise QB? Yet they still can hire coaches? I forgot the Colts were the browns without Andrew though, not like the colts are one of the winningest franchises of the past decade. 

we arent 0-16 bad, but we were 4-12 without him.  the oline sucks, the running game sucks, the defense was what like 30th.  that was with a schedule where we avoided the top seeds in the league  

its an exaggeration to call it the worst job in sports, but i can see why a coach would be skeptical if luck is not guaranteed to go 

27 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Or luck unknown condition?

I was being sarcastic.

But the Colts don't have a bad situation at QB. If Luck isn't back on track in the next month or two, we can add a new QB if we want, either via draft or free agency. And this is actually a solid year to need a QB, while the market is kind of good, we have the third pick, and $90m in cap space.

Bottom line, if Luck isn't right, it's Ballard's job to find a new QB, not the new coach's. 

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we arent 0-16 bad, but we were 4-12 without him.  the oline sucks, the running game sucks, the defense was what like 30th.  that was with a schedule where we avoided the top seeds in the league  

its an exaggeration to call it the worst job in sports, but i can see why a coach would be skeptical if luck is not guaranteed to go 

That's why the coach got fired. Let's assume the new guy is a part of the solution, not just along for the ride. 

4 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

First time poster. I will say that I feel like reading the tea leaves, it is gonna the following:

HC- McDaniels

DC- Vrabel

OC- someone that McDaniels knows of current patriots staff. 

It it just makes too much sense. What do y’all think?

Welcome aboard!

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's why the coach got fired. Let's assume the new guy is a part of the solution, not just along for the ride. 

i know, but i can understand why this may not be the most appealing job to a good candidate.  teams looking for coaches do tend to be bad or nothing special so thats not quite what im getting at

there just a lot of openings this year and the best thing about this team is a QB recovering from shoulder surgery

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i know, but i can understand why this may not be the most appealing job to a good candidate.  teams looking for coaches do tend to be bad or nothing special so thats not quite what im getting at

there just a lot of openings this year and the best thing about this team is a QB recovering from shoulder surgery

This job is prolly the top job open hardly any jobs have even been filled 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This job is prolly the top job open hardly any jobs have even been filled 

you assume luck is going to come back and be fine.  i think/hope he will, but i would not feel good about risking my career on it

obviously somebody will take this job, but will it be the top candidates? 

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Let's assume Ballard is as respected as everyone says he is. If so, he's the best thing about this team, because he's the one that will lead the forward advance, shape the roster, oversee the coaching staff and make good things happen. 

The second best thing is that we have $90m in cap space and the third pick in the draft.

That's true even if Luck never plays another down.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Let's assume Ballard is as respected as everyone says he is. If so, he's the best thing about this team, because he's the one that will lead the forward advance, shape the roster, oversee the coaching staff and make good things happen. 

The second best thing is that we have $90m in cap space and the third pick in the draft.

Frankly, I am excited about the coming year.  I have full confidence in Chris Ballard and his ability to really impact the team this year.. both in the coaching staff and the roster.  He has the resources, he just needs to make the right decisions... and he will.

53 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Okay and there’s how many teams without a franchise QB? Yet they still can hire coaches? I forgot the Colts were the browns without Andrew though, not like the colts are one of the winningest franchises of the past decade. 

And the AFC South is stronger than it's been for a very long time.

No cake walk winning the division anymore.

Jacksonville and Tennessee both still in playoffs, and Texans are no pushovers anymore. Especially with Watt back.

Things aren't gold or manure. The path to succes isn't impossible, but it's not a given either.

Don't worry, we'll still be able to find a qualified HC - We're still a NFL team, and that's always an attractive job.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

thats a good point, and this could be the most important offseason that ballard will have.  hopefully it is, and we are not picking high again or over flowing with so much cap space because we dont have players to pay 

11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

1 coach has said no and another 1 allegedly has, and I think I would put more stock into that than rumors or Bill Belichik leaving NE and Nick Saban leaving Alabama which are just a couple of things posted in the other forum by people who aren't as fast to call in this 1.

Pretty sure neither turned us down the Nagy thing turned out to be false and I'm pretty sure we decided not to meet with Wilks so how many have turned us down?

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Pretty sure neither turned us down the Nagy thing turned out to be false and I'm pretty sure we decided not to meet with Wilks so how many have turned us down?

Agreed. From everything that we have heard, which granted isn't much; no offer to anyone had been made. I do think there is a good chance a handshake deal was made with Josh. 

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Plus Ballard couldn't just go to Irsay with Toub as the lone candidate.  He probably could with McDaniels because he's more of a known and in demand commodity.  It's either McDaniels or he's gonna stick to his mantra of "competition" and McDaniels will have to beat Toub out for the job in the final stages.  If it's announced that it's still a competition between McDaniels and Toub, McD could easily just take the Giants or Lions jobs and leave us stuck with only Toub.

If you are right - i dont think so, but if you are - then Ballard will immediately drop two entire grades in my eyes. Two reasons:

1. A GM should never have a lonely candidate. He should always be open minded, never pre-determined.

2. If Ballard needs a decoy to sell Toub to Irsay, he is not a good GM. If Toub is his guy he should say it straight and be able to defend his case face to face.

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You'd rather have the guy who coordinated the mediocre Texans D for one season over the guy who was the architect of the Legion of Boom, and regularly has a top 5 D in the league? I want to hear more on this.

He was the DB coach at the time, but I wouldn't necessarily call him the architect of it. He may have had no more of a hand in it than coaching up the players given to him, while the DC (Quinn and Bradley) would been the one creating the scheme that helped make them successful. 

5 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

First time poster. I will say that I feel like reading the tea leaves, it is gonna the following:

HC- McDaniels

DC- Vrabel

OC- someone that McDaniels knows of current patriots staff. 

It it just makes too much sense. What do y’all think?

Vrabel couldn't make the lateral move unless Houston allows it, which I don't see happening.