Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gotta love the AFC South

ColtsFanMikeC

14 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Even if it's not the Jags, I can see us shopping brissett this coming offseason. There are always some teams in desperate need of a qb and will pay for it.

trading him would put us where we were last off season, needing a back up QB

i think we should keep brisett unless somebody wants to trade a first, or maybe high second

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

trading him would put us where we were last off season, needing a back up QB

i think we should keep brisett unless somebody wants to trade a first, or maybe high second

I never said I think we should trade him, I just said I could see it happening.

Totally agree with you.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

And do what? So what we win the division? Lets put luck at risk just to win the division and get destroyed in the playoffs again. 

Forget that, sit luck and build brissett's trade value. If he is really good, keep him and trade luck.

If we can win the division and make the playoffs we have a shot.  The only team that really looks dominant in the AFC right now in KC.  New England has looked shaky, the Texans lost 2 of their best defensive players, the Titans are up and down, Jax is up and down, the NYJ and Buffalo are tied with Patriots for first place right now, the Steelers and the Ravens have been up and down, and Denver has a good defense but is beatable.

We aren't going to be trading Luck.  Given his contract, if he doesn't play this year, there is no way we will be able to trade him unless we eat a boat load of his salary.  

11 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

We aren't going to be trading Luck.  Given his contract, if he doesn't play this year, there is no way we will be able to trade him unless we eat a boat load of his salary.  

yeah, no way a team will be able to come up with enough cap space and trade assets to acquire luck

the price would be gigantic 

17 hours ago, krunk said:

I think we can beat Tenn with or without Luck. Not so sure Brissett would beat Jax BC I'm concerned we will have numerous problems protecting. Not out of question though

I agree Krunk given how poorly the Titans D has performed this year especially in the secondary. I also wonder how much longer Mariota will be out?

Jax on the other hand, that secondary/pass rush is playing scary good. They will definitely put our improved run D to the test as well.

19 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He is??

They are just telling Bortles "don't get in the way and sometimes, just get out of the way". :) 

Bortles is asked just to move the chains now with a few throws now and then because they know if he is asked to do more, HE WILL MESS UP. It is up to him to embrace that role for a LONG time if he wants to stick around.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

So True. No team could come up with the $18M he is owed next season, or the $21M for 2019.

:spit:  

so you think we would just give him away to whoever can afford him?:lol:

they would have to trade us a ton too.  the overall price would be huge, and 18 mil is a lot to just add to any teams cap:headspin:

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They are just telling Bortles "don't get in the way and sometimes, just get out of the way". :) 

Bortles is asked just to move the chains now with a few throws now and then because they know if he is asked to do more, HE WILL MESS UP. It is up to him to embrace that role for a LONG time if he wants to stick around.

I think they can find someone cheaper to fill that role next year

The game against Tenn is absolutely huge but it's going to be incredibly difficult.  Marcus Mariota is still a game time decision vs the Colts so the Colts may catch a break.  Rams play the Jags @ home so that could be a split.  Cleveland goes to Houston so that will probably be a cakewalk for Houston.  

If the Jags lose, Houston and Indy wins we are looking at a 3 way tie atop the division.  Now that Mack is healthy also and had a great confidence booster of a game, MAYBE just MAYBE Chud can get a little creative with him which could change the Dynamics of the Colts offense. 

On 08/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

/sarcasm on

***  You're right.  the Colts shouldn't even play each week.  Forfeit all of the games and sit them all.  Even if they win the division, there's no chance at all to win in the playoffs.  So why bother.  Just don't play and get that first draft pick... Maybe even not play 2 years in a row... really get Luck healthy...   ***

/sarcasm off

I remember many people mentioning the Colts would be bounced in the 1st game vs. the Chiefs and  top RB Larry Johnson in our SB season.  MJD and Fred Taylor had hung 375 rushing yards on us a few weeks earlier, and the Colts had the worst rush D in many moons.  What was Larry Johnson going to do to us?  Why even play?  Right?  I'm  glad the Colts showed up for every game, or Peyton might not have lifted that Lombardi trophy in Indy at all...

I don't want nor expect the team to stop playing. They're pros. That said, are you seriously comparing this team to the likes of Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeny, Sanders, Mathis? 

1 hour ago, tucky89 said:

I don't want nor expect the team to stop playing. They're pros.

OK, good.

That said, are you seriously comparing this team to the likes of Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeny, Sanders, Mathis? 

Nah... this team appears to be better at defending the run than that other team...   ;-)

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I doubt he plays but I guess he could. I thought his injury was pretty bad. If he plays it may hurt them + rushing him back could backfire on them. Hard to believe Andrew hasn't played at all and we are in a 3 way tie for 2nd and only 1 game behind Jax and I don't think Jax is that good. They are real beatable.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt he plays but I guess he could. I thought his injury was pretty bad. If he plays it may hurt them + rushing him back could backfire on them. Hard to believe Andrew hasn't played at all and we are in a 3 way tie for 2nd and only 1 game behind Jax and I don't think Jax is that good. They are real beatable.

I'm almost sure he's not playing.  Just reading between the lines from some of Mularkeys commentary.   He doesn't even have a timeline in place when Mariota will practice this week.  All he could talk about was little bits and pieces of his rehab and emphasizing he doesn't want to do anything to set him back.  I think they are more interested in making sure he's healthy for the long run instead of forcing the issue this week. 

I think he's just posturing so we have to prepare for either one of them instead of openly declaring Cassel is the starter.  And if he doesn't play I will be ashamed if we don't go up there and get that W.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, krunk said:

I'm still not quite so certain Mariota will even play against us on Monday Night Football.

If he doesn't then I feel even better about us taking that one.

Hasn't he been practicing though?  I could be making that up but I swore he was practicing and the coach said he's hopeful he'll return against the Colts.  He's got an extra day to rest too.  I think he'll play.  Your right though, Colts have an excellent shot if he happens to miss the game. 

On 10/8/2017 at 4:37 PM, Luck is Good said:

Jaguars picked off Ben FIVE times today. Good god that's awful. Chiefs are the absolute clear favorite in the AFC right now. That game tonight against the Texans will go a long way in telling us a lot about both teams

There is a lot to come from that though. Their defense of line has drastically improved. Getting pressure from a good pass defense Allows DBs to make plays. They had two QB hurries and QB Hits on 2/5 Int's. On 2/5 Int's, Balls seem to be deflected or broken up and got picked. And 1/5 Int's seemed like a good jump on a ball. Overall Jags d-line looks solid which helps with the DB's. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 5:35 PM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

As bad as we have looked so far this season (sure there have been a few glimmers of hope, but we've gotten blown out twice, given a game away and barely held on to games against two very poor teams in CLE and SF), we are still tied for 2nd in the AFC South at 2-3.  The Titans will likely lose tonight to KC, so it may well be Jax and 3-2 and three others at 2-3 in the AFC South going into week 6.

The Jags are all over the board with big wins over Texans, Ravens and Steelers along with a loss to NYJ and a big loss to Titans.  

A week or 2 ago I would have said "Let's sit Luck, tank the season, and hope for a good draft pick" -- but with Ryan Kelly back and the defense looking like it may continue to improve throughout the season, we may have an actual shot at winning the AFC South w/ a healthy Luck at the helm.

Still think this team can win the division?

On 10/29/2017 at 5:18 PM, Roger said:

Still think this team can win the division?

No, that was 3 or 4 games ago when I said that we were 2-3 an could have tied in AFC South lead vs. Jax... now we're 2-6 and we are too far gone.  We would have to go 9-7 or 10-6 to win this division, meaning we'd have to win out or lose no more than 1 more game without having our franchise QB for at least one week more.

4 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

meaning we'd have to win out or lose no more than 1 more game without having our franchise QB for at least one week more.

hes out for a lot more than that

he will need 2 weeks minimum of practice and probably more than that.  it doesn't appear that he will come back to practice next week either

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he will need 2 weeks minimum of practice and probably more than that.  it doesn't appear that he will come back to practice next week either

That's why I said at least one more week -- we have a bye in 2 weeks, so he could potentially have 2 weeks of practice in by the Titans game -- but at this point, I see no reason to play him this year.

Season's lost.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

2 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

That's why I said at least one more week -- we have a bye in 2 weeks, so he could potentially have 2 weeks of practice in by the Titans game -- but at this point, I see no reason to play him this year.

Season's lost.

Luck is out until early December... at this point. Maybe longer (or the rest of the year) if he doesn’t begin to practice soon. It is going to take 2 weeks of limited practice and another 3-4 weeks of full practice to be ready to take the field. His playing window is closing fairly quickly now.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Luck is out until early December... at this point. Maybe longer (or the rest of the year) if he doesn’t begin to practice soon. It is going to take 2 weeks of limited practice and another 3-4 weeks of full practice to be ready to take the field. His playing window is closing fairly quickly now.

I'd rather just see him shut down.. this is not a playoff team and our OL struggles continue.  

I really hope he's not having any major complications with his arm/shoulder, though it sounds like he's already seeking opinions from additional doctors.  

In my opinion, absolutely no reason to bring him back this year if he's having even the slightest of problems with the shoulder.... we need multiple miracles for this team to turn into some sort of playoff caliber team and Brisett is getting crushed... nothing good (that I can see, anyway) can come from bringing Luck back and letting him get pummeled.  

I just hope his shoulder injuries are minor and somewhat normal for his type of surgery.  If he needs another surgery, that could mean he misses beginning of next season, or possibly worse than that..