Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When will Luck be taken off PUP?

SilentHill

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/21/2017 at 2:08 PM, Colts1324 said:

I think we are being too cautious with him. Just let him freaking play. I think he is probably more ready than they are saying. Ballard said Luck wants to do it. He probably feels good too. But we decide he isn't. 

What on earth are you basing that on?  You don't know the man,  and certainty aren't part of his medical staff.

On 8/21/2017 at 2:08 PM, Colts1324 said:

I think we are being too cautious with him. Just let him freaking play. I think he is probably more ready than they are saying. Ballard said Luck wants to do it. He probably feels good too. But we decide he isn't. 

First of all "we" aren't doing anything with him.  The doctors who have access to his medical records and can see how he's progressing are making the call on this.  That's what they are there for and at times yes to protect players from themselves.  I have no doubt Luck wants to play but if he's not mediacally ready they aren't going to let him.  Again the Colts are thinking for the next 10 years on this not just week one against the Rams.  If Luck missing one or two regular season means he is fully healed from this than that's well worth it when you think long term which is what the Colts are doing.  Still the moment the doctors sign off on him he will be off PUP and getting ready to go.

This thread is hilarious. The Colts will be out of playoff contention before Luck is playing. After seven months of inactivity with no signs of even returning to practice,  do you seriously think he will be playing before midseason?

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

This thread is hilarious. The Colts will be out of playoff contention before Luck is playing. After seven months of inactivity with no signs of even returning to practice,  do you seriously think he will be playing before midseason?

You are correct. It is hilarious that you think you have information none of us have.

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

First of all "we" aren't doing anything with him.  The doctors who have access to his medical records and can see how he's progressing are making the call on this.  That's what they are there for and at times yes to protect players from themselves.  I have no doubt Luck wants to play but if he's not mediacally ready they aren't going to let him.  Again the Colts are thinking for the next 10 years on this not just week one against the Rams.  If Luck missing one or two regular season means he is fully healed from this than that's well worth it when you think long term which is what the Colts are doing.  Still the moment the doctors sign off on him he will be off PUP and getting ready to go.

Okay 

37 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Not as funny as people who post every five minutes.

I have the time so what's it to you?

You make a comment that is not backed up by Luck's doctor and then expect it not to be questioned?

If it is your opinion Luck will not be back by mid season I can understand that. But making comments like you have inside information is a total different thing.

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Pagano would tell writers that the Earth was flat if he thought it would reduce the amount of questions he has to answer about Andrew Luck's status.

Wouldn't you? Pagano is not a doctor. Put your self in his shoes wouldn't you get tired of being ask questions non stop you don't have the answers to?  I highly doubt he even wants to answer any questions but he is required to.

9 hours ago, azcolt said:

You make it sound as if he's been sitting around his house eating ice cream all day for the past 6 months. He's been at the facility every single working his tail off to get back into the swing of things since right after his surgery. And he's been throwing the ball 30 yards with velocity AND touch, so yes, he will be playing before midseason.

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wouldn't you? Pagano is not a doctor. Put your self in his shoes wouldn't you get tired of being ask questions non stop you don't have the answers to?  I highly doubt he even wants to answer any questions but he is required to.

I'm sure he doesn't want to answer questions, but that's his job as an NFL coach. And as far as the "not being a doctor" part goes, I don't believe for a second that he doesn't have some idea of when Luck's going to be ready. He's an NFL coach, and his best player is rehabbing at the same building that his office is in, but he's completely in the dark about it? C'mon man, he knows A LOT more than he's letting on, for better or worse.

10 hours ago, azcolt said:

Yes.  Let's come back in a few weeks and see who's correct.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm sure he doesn't want to answer questions, but that's his job as an NFL coach. And as far as the "not being a doctor" part goes, I don't believe for a second that he doesn't have some idea of when Luck's going to be ready. He's an NFL coach, and his best player is rehabbing at the same building that his office is in, but he's completely in the dark about it? C'mon man, he knows A LOT more than he's letting on, for better or worse.

Maybe he does but he is not required to tell anyone about a medical issue. Matter of fact he cant by law talk about the specifics of anyone's medical condition without their consent. HIPPA has strict laws about who medical conditions can be discussed with. I don't think the public is on the list.

Just saying.

This entire thread is made up of nothing more than hopeful fans guessing about that which they know not much. Andrew will start when he starts and all the speculation in the world won't change a single thing in that scenario. I'm hopeful too, but I for sure don't have a clue about his reactivation.

4 hours ago, bleevit said:

This entire thread is made up of nothing more than hopeful fans guessing about that which they know not much. Andrew will start when he starts and all the speculation in the world won't change a single thing in that scenario. I'm hopeful too, but I for sure don't have a clue about his reactivation.

Sure, there are a lot of fans not so knowledgeable in the filed of medicine, and they hopeful with any  bright piece of  information released concerning Luck.  But not everyone {which I inferred from your 'nothing more than' reference}. You do not know this for certain, thus you can't factually state that about every fan... 

And fans want to discuss possibilities... if he returns soon, or if he is gong to be off the PUP by season begins as ownership and GM state, etc...

What he had requires 6 months minimum recover/rehab.  This is not 'guesswork'. And, minimum doesn't mean he's ready then.  Some may be, others are not.  He is on a program to regain range of  motion and strength at this point.  It is specific and he must meet certain goals before progressing along.  Anything heard is rumor, and the NFL has no pre-season injury reporting rules.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have the time so what's it to you?

You make a comment that is not backed up by Luck's doctor and then expect it not to be questioned?

If it is your opinion Luck will not be back by mid season I can understand that. But making comments like you have inside information is a total different thing.

Maybe if you took a few minutes between posts you wouldn't need to waste time ripping other posters. Get over yourself. Your hundred posts a day are tiring.

20 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Maybe if you took a few minutes between posts you wouldn't need to waste time ripping other posters. Get over yourself. Your hundred posts a day are tiring.

What has that have to do with your issue of voicing your opinion like you have inside information?

18 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sure, there are a lot of fans not so knowledgeable in the filed of medicine, and they hopeful with any  bright piece of  information released concerning Luck.  But not everyone {which I inferred from your 'nothing more than' reference}. You do not know this for certain, thus you can't factually state that about every fan... 

And fans want to discuss possibilities... if he returns soon, or if he is gong to be off the PUP by season begins as ownership and GM state, etc...

What he had requires 6 months minimum recover/rehab.  This is not 'guesswork'. And, minimum doesn't mean he's ready then.  Some may be, others are not.  He is on a program to regain range of  motion and strength at this point.  It is specific and he must meet certain goals before progressing along.  Anything heard is rumor, and the NFL has no pre-season injury reporting rules.

I only refer to speculation about whether he returns for game 1, game 4 or whenever with the secrecy surrounding the date. Yes generally the rehab time frame is known. If you know something more, I'd love to hear it.

4 hours ago, bleevit said:

I only refer to speculation about whether he returns for game 1, game 4 or whenever with the secrecy surrounding the date. Yes generally the rehab time frame is known. If you know something more, I'd love to hear it.

I've been posting for months about it, including my educated guess at what may happen.  Ever since it became public he had the surgery. Some here have followed those posts, and many ask questions, or added their own thoughts. It's what a forum is for.

Since you likely wont go back and hunt down my posts.. I'll hint.  My hope was he would be off the PUP by the end of August. And I feel once that is done (if it is) it will take 2-3 weeks of team practice/drills to acclimate and be 'game' ready'.  I was wanting him to come off PUP, get some drills in, then practice with the 1's on Rams game plan install. But I also said to watch when/if Luck comes off the PUP.  That alone will tel a lot.  And whether my Hopes/Wants are realistic.

As of today, my stance on anything I have posted prior still stands, and there are no ironclad predictions... Just reasonable time frames.

I freely admit I have no inside information (and if I did, then I couldn't post here, at all!). I may say I have some insider type of knowledge, though.  That's all I'm going to mention on that, as well.

I really hope that in the next collective bargaining agreement the NFL really tries to get full disclosure on injuries, return time-frames, etc.

This cat and mouse game of keeping it a secret is no fun for the fans, and provides little to no competitive advantage.

I want to book my yearly flight to IND for the home opener vs Arizona, but I'm not gonna spend over $1,000 to see Scott Tolzien get wrecked by the Arizona defense.

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I've been posting for months about it, including my educated guess at what may happen.  Ever since it became public he had the surgery. Some here have followed those posts, and many ask questions, or added their own thoughts. It's what a forum is for.

Since you likely wont go back and hunt down my posts.. I'll hint.  My hope was he would be off the PUP by the end of August. And I feel once that is done (if it is) it will take 2-3 weeks of team practice/drills to acclimate and be 'game' ready'.  I was wanting him to come off PUP, get some drills in, then practice with the 1's on Rams game plan install. But I also said to watch when/if Luck comes off the PUP.  That alone will tel a lot.  And whether my Hopes/Wants are realistic.

As of today, my stance on anything I have posted prior still stands, and there are no ironclad predictions... Just reasonable time frames.

I freely admit I have no inside information (and if I did, then I couldn't post here, at all!). I may say I have some insider type of knowledge, though.  That's all I'm going to mention on that, as well.

I would imagine that in these litigious times nobody on Luck's medical team would dare a HIPAA violation to disclose his condition. I work in the medical field and am retrained in this area annually. Andrew is reportedly throwing and we are all hopeful he'll be back soon. Its frustrating so don't get grumpy.

1 hour ago, bleevit said:

I would imagine that in these litigious times nobody on Luck's medical team would dare a HIPAA violation to disclose his condition. I work in the medical field and am retrained in this area annually. Andrew is reportedly throwing and we are all hopeful he'll be back soon. Its frustrating so don't get grumpy.

That is what I have said a few times in regards to Lucks injury.

Anyone who has any medical procedure done over the last few years should know this. You cant even have a regular doctors appointment without being ask who can ask about your medical issues.

There is a very short list on who can see or discuss anything medical and the public is not one of them.

Knowing these laws why someone points a finger at the Colts like they are being dishonest or doing something shady is totally ridiculous.

7 hours ago, bleevit said:

I too, have been involved in the medical field, since 1979.  You are right, anyone that 'knows' true information concerning Luck cannot express it without the explicit consent of Luck himself because of HIPAA rules.  So the only thing folks can go on are leaked reports of what type of injury was sustained, and what type of correction was applied.  Then based upon the vast knowledge of others who have suffered and recovered from the same malady, a general picture can be drawn for the current players possible prognosis in recovery/rehab . That was what I have done over these last few months.

But basically, my whole long winded posts boiled down to it will be late August before he might come off the Active PUP, and we must wait and see what happens.  Nothing to this date has changed that. I always knew it would be a close call, and it is.  But with each passing day, from this point it becomes less likely Luck is ready for the season opener.  We know that before 4:00 pm EST on September 2, they must place Andrew on the Active list (53 man roster).

Otherwise, their only option(s) are to select one of the following: place him on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list (and a mandatory 6 weeks minimum on it), request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract.

There's no way the Colts are doing any of the last 3 options.  

As far as his throwing (footballs), yes that is good.  OTOH, it was reported he was throwing 30 yard finesse passes. Where does that fit in in a rehab program like this, that Luck might be involved with (or something very similar)?

http://orthonc.com/uploads/pdf/Football_Interval_Throwing_Program.pdf

Is it still Phase III rehab?  Or has he essentially completed the program and they went back to 30 yard passes to increase reps for strength and stamina conditioning before releasing him to participate in team drills?  We just don't know. and we don't know when he gets the all clear from the medical team.  We have to be a little more patient and see it unfold.

BTW, I'm not grumpy. Sorry if it came off that way.

17 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I really hope that in the next collective bargaining agreement the NFL really tries to get full disclosure on injuries, return time-frames, etc.

Yeah, don't hold your breath. 

I understand why it's important to you as a fan, but that's not really relevant. There's no advantage to the team or the league to committing to a time frame for return from injury. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's getting to be really annoying. JMV is saying that Luck's throwing the ball 30yds downfield, with touch, but since he's on PUP he's only allowed to throw it to trainers. If he's throwing that well, it seems like they'd wanna get him working with receivers sooner than later.

OMG.....this season really is going to be 2011 all over again....Peyton watch all over....I mean Andrew watch all over lol.....I know this one guy who knows a guy that talked to the janitor at the stadium says Luck completed a pass to BLUE!  Zonkers...he is going to start week 1!!!! lol I'm not looking forward to this season.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

OMG.....this season really is going to be 2011 all over again....Peyton watch all over....I mean Andrew watch all over lol.....I know this one guy who knows a guy that talked to the janitor at the stadium says Luck completed a pass to BLUE!  Zonkers...he is going to start week 1!!!! lol I'm not looking forward to this season.

I know people are concerned, rightly so, but that might well be an overreaction... at this time... unless... They do not activate him soon, and they end up placing luck on the Reserve/PUP after 4:00 pm on September 2.  Only then am I becoming concerned. Until then, I am holding out hope he he gets activated soon and will play within 2-3 weeks after that. That's still my story, and I'm sticking to it.  {Believe with me Colts fans}

What I want is see young kids (rooks and sophomores) develop their potential significantly, starting O-line get chemistry and stay healthy and we are at least at a  .500 record six games in.  Then see what we do from there.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:17 AM, crazycolt1 said:

What has that have to do with your issue of voicing your opinion like you have inside information?

There you go again. Get a life. My opinion is Luck won't play for at least the first half of the season based on common sense. And I don't need to post every five minutes to express that opinion. I don't care whether you like my opinions, but am getting sick of your personal insults. I'm guessing you have a very lonely, unhappy life and that explains your mostly insulting and empty posts every five minutes. I feel sorry for you if that's the case.

On August 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, the Rams could use random defensive plays that Madden suggests and it'd be effective against Tolzien or Morris.

I know I shouldn't burst out laughing, but I must admit that this Madden post priceless Jared.  

Also, I don't want Wade Phillips to have a field day on defense against Luck either so, even if Luck was cleared, rest Chewbacca one more week. 

On August 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm sure the Colts know, they are probably just hoping at this point he can return a bit earlier than originally thought and not miss the first six games. If he could practice right now, then we'd have a pretty good idea that he may return for the start of the season, but with only 2 preseason games left and seeing how Luck isn't practicing yet, it should be pretty obvious he's going to miss some portion of the season. The only question is, will it be 6 games or not?

Yeah, we're at the tail end of August & Luck hasn't seen any game action yet. I agree with you Jared. Not a very optimistic sign. I'm not doubting the medical staff. We have to do what is best for Luck longterm. Mamma said there'd be days like this. LOL! 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, we're at the tail end of August & Luck hasn't seen any game action yet. I agree with you Jared. Not a very optimistic sign. I'm not doubting the medical staff. We have to do what is best for Luck longterm. Mamma said there'd be days like this. LOL! 

Yep, this may be a long season. Just going to hope Luck gets 100% healthy and the rookies show their stuff along with the FA's. Maybe Mack will be the starter once Luck comes back and he'll have his RB to help carry the load. Gore seems to be losing a step, less than 4 YPC, and his yards after contact is pretty horrible as well.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

There you go again. Get a life. My opinion is Luck won't play for at least the first half of the season based on common sense. And I don't need to post every five minutes to express that opinion. I don't care whether you like my opinions, but am getting sick of your personal insults. I'm guessing you have a very lonely, unhappy life and that explains your mostly insulting and empty posts every five minutes. I feel sorry for you if that's the case.

About 4-6 weeks, I'm guessing....  ending this season.

He could play earlier - week 1, perhaps, but what is the point?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, this may be a long season. Just going to hope Luck gets 100% healthy and the rookies show their stuff along with the FA's. Maybe Mack will be the starter once Luck comes back and he'll have his RB to help carry the load. Gore seems to be losing a step, less than 4 YPC, and his yards after contact is pretty horrible as well.

I really respect that about you Jared. You are not afraid to say controversial things & you stand your ground regardless of any opposition you might face because of it. You're not trying to be radical. You just call it like you see it. 

To be honest with you, I struggle with the Frank Gore question & his place in our lineup. I love his experience & leadership. I know this will be his last yr in INDY. I admire fans who can go nope he lost his burst not what he once was. You'd make a good GM because you have to be cold & detached to make the best decision for the team. You always write good posts. 

3 hours ago, azcolt said:

Not one time did you say it was your opinion. You stated like fact.

As far as my personal life you haven't a clue.

On August 23, 2017 at 1:18 AM, azcolt said:

Hey there AZC, 

I don't know why anybody would take issue with the theme of your post. It's not like you are rooting for Luck to miss game action on purpose. All you're really saying is this: The longer Luck misses regular season reps. The worse our playoff aspirations look. 

I have no problem with anything you said at all personally. You weren't laughing about the Colts demise just eternal optimism that somehow Andrew will defy the odds & play next week etc. etc. may not well placed sound reasoning or reality. 

As we all know, the only way to get in football shape is to play in real games with an oncoming pass rush & ball hawking DBs. I understood exactly what you were driving at AZC. 

Maybe some people took issue with the line: 

"The Colts will be out of playoff contention before Luck is playing."

Perhaps forum regulars thought this was a defeatist attitude before the 1st Sunday actually arrived. You just meant if Chewbacca not there we're screwed & we are if he's still not in the lineup by then. I get it & I agree 100% 

People hate it when you speak the truth & rip the band aid right off.