Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning vs Andrew Luck (PFF)

TKnight24

21 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Manning was just incredible.

This will be blasphemy to some posters but Jesus imagine the damage that man could have done if his coach/gm had been named "Bill Belichick" 

I dont know, 13-15 superbowls?

35 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Manning was just incredible.

This will be blasphemy to some posters but Jesus imagine the damage that man could have done if his coach/gm had been named "Bill Belichick" 

A master mind QB teamed up with a master mind HC? I'll take it on the colts. 

17 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Kind of surprised to see how much better Luck is than Manning vs pressure. I guess he has had plenty of practice of throwing while getting broken in half.

Well Peyton had a clean pocket most of the time also he knew how to avoid the rush by climbing the pocket, not to mention his quick release so Peyton being pressured was rare for the most part. 

11 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Is that like "cashmeouside"???? Lol!

Seriously though, as a Colts fan for too many years to figure out, I am proud to be a fan of a team that had/has Johnny U, Bert Jones, Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck as its starting QB.

Yeah the Colts have had the QB golden touch. You could even their Elway into the mix as he was technically a Colt for a minute.

There are teams that have had one or none in terms of star QB's.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Well Peyton had a clean pocket most of the time also he knew how to avoid the rush by climbing the pocket, not to mention his quick release so Peyton being pressured was rare for the most part. 

I also believe a large factor overall is bad defenses knew not to blitz Peyton or he would make them pay. While Luck is constantly blitzed with a poor oline. Then factor in the 7 step drops and power run scheme. It makes sense to blitz the colts, knowing they may fail to properly adjust.

4 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Is that like "cashmeouside"???? Lol!

Seriously though, as a Colts fan for too many years to figure out, I am proud to be a fan of a team that had/has Johnny U, Bert Jones, Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck as its starting QB.

Yep and Jim Harbaugh too. We have had some great ones.

This is really odd..

Peyton Manning in 2007: 65.4 completion percentage, 4040 yards, 31 TD, 14 INT, 98.0 QB rating

Peyton Manning in 2004: 67.6 completion percentage, 4557 yards, 49 TD, 10 INT, 121.1 QB rating

Peyton Manning in 2009: 68.8 completion percentage, 4500 yards, 33 TD, 16 INT, 99.9 QB rating

Andrew Luck in 2016: 63.5 completion percentage, 4240 yards, 31 TD, 13 INT, 96.4 QB rating

Andrew Luck in 2014: 61.7 completion percentage, 4761 yards, 40 TD, 16 INT, 96.5 QB rating

I don't understand why they're comparing those specific years when one could easily make the case both guys had better years in different seasons.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is really odd..

Peyton Manning in 2007: 65.4 completion percentage, 4040 yards, 31 TD, 14 INT, 98.0 QB rating

Peyton Manning in 2004: 67.6 completion percentage, 4557 yards, 49 TD, 10 INT, 121.1 QB rating

Peyton Manning in 2009: 68.8 completion percentage, 4500 yards, 33 TD, 16 INT, 99.9 QB rating

Andrew Luck in 2016: 63.5 completion percentage, 4240 yards, 31 TD, 13 INT, 96.4 QB rating

Andrew Luck in 2014: 61.7 completion percentage, 4761 yards, 40 TD, 16 INT, 96.5 QB rating

I don't understand why they're comparing those specific years when one could easily make the case both guys had better years in different seasons.

Me either. Luck's 2014 Season and Peyton's 2004 Season were much better.