Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins visited Colts today (merge)

bertjones7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They have a loaded baked potato that's a meal in itself. It's a decent trade-off for mediocre fries, but I agree their french fry game needs some work.

Yeah I guess if I went their I could just get a single with cheese and the potato? Wendy's had good fries along time ago then they switched around what 10 years ago and they just don't do it for me. I like Rallies fries, they are a different style but good.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You think Booger was solid? I beg to differ on that. Corey Simon for 1st year was great. Then you have to go back to Tony MCcoy and Goose.

Dang it, that 2005 team was good.  Maybe the best team in the Manning era?

Booger held his own.  My favorite sign in the dome was when they brought him in.  "Can a 300 pound Booger stop the run?"

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

as long as the fries are fresh

That's the key. Most places have delicious french fries if they are fresh. 

McDonald's used have the best fries ever. But that was years ago (probably decades) before they changed the oil. They also used to fry everything in that delicious oil...often in the same fryer. That's when Fish Filets and Fried Pies were so good. 

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

We haven't had a solid DT since Booger Mcfarland. 

You think Booger was solid? I beg to differ on that. Corey Simon for 1st year was great. Then you have to go back to Tony MCcoy and Goose.

@MPStack  Ill leave this here. Just for you Bud. I knows what the, I be talkings about. If you dont like Booger, Then hand over the Colts 2nd SuperBowl Ring from 2006. We didn't get the second until he came here. #facts

Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl Rings

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Dang it, that 2005 team was good.  Maybe the best team in the Manning era?

Booger held his own.  My favorite sign in the dome was when they brought him in.  "Can a 300 pound Booger stop the run?"

Booger didn't come until 2006.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I guess if I went their I could just get a single with cheese and the potato? Wendy's had good fries along time ago then they switched around what 10 years ago and they just do it. I like Rallies fries, they are a different style but good.

Preaching to the choir. I'm kind of a fry snob, basically won't even bother unless they're fresh cut (Five Guys, Penn Station, etc). I'll get them occasionally at fast food spots, but only because they're so cheap.

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

@MPStack  Ill leave this here. Just for you Bud. I knows what the, I be talkings about. If you dont like Booger, Then hand over the Colts 2nd SuperBowl Ring from 2006. We didn't get the second until he came here. #facts

The Colts were very fortunate to get that ring and beat probably the worst team ever to represent the NFC in a SB. If the Colts had fielded so much as a decent NFL defense, they would have and probably should have won multiple SB`s. Leave this here bud! Booger wasn`t good, he`s was past his prime. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I guess if I went their I could just get a single with cheese and the potato? Wendy's had good fries along time ago then they switched around what 10 years ago and they just don't do it for me. I like Rallies fries, they are a different style but good.

mmmm...fresh Rally fries are pretty hard to beat for fast food fries ...

I can't believe, after all this time, that we would not have brought him in unless we had reached an agreement on the parameters of the contract.  Makes no sense otherwise.  Who cares what the money is.  That's not my job. That's Chris's job and I think he knows what he's doing more than we do.  Let's hope they sign him.  Finally a big NT that demands a double team. 

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The Colts were very fortunate to get that ring and beat probably the worst team ever to represent the NFC in a SB. If the Colts had fielded so much as a decent NFL defense, they would have and probably should have won multiple SB`s. Leave this here bud! Booger wasn`t good, he`s was past his prime. 

The Bears weren't very strong because of their QB but had the best Defense and SPTeams in the league. Having said that the AFC was at it's best back then with the Chargers, Ravens, and Patriots. We beat a great Ravens team in Baltimore with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Steve McNair was better than Average at QB as well. Then we beat Tommy and BB, so our run wasn't too shabby overall.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I can't believe, after all this time, that we would not have brought him in unless we had reached an agreement on the parameters of the contract.  Makes no sense otherwise.  Who cares what the money is.  That's not my job. That's Chris's job and I think he knows what he's doing more than we do.  Let's hope they sign him.  Finally a big NT that demands a double team. 

That was my first thought as well, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's using this visit to give him leverage for a long-term deal in New York.

19 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Such a bad argument, and everyone knows it.  You might as well argue that Dylan Gandy or Gilbert Gardner were good, strictly because we didn't win a SB without them... 

Booger was good. He is not the standard by which all DTs should be measured. And he was at the end of his career in 2006. With him starting 11 games, the Colts gave up an average of 173 rushing yards/game. He was only moderate as a difference maker. 

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

My statement was that Colts hadn't have a Decent DT SINCE Booger, and you found fault with that? Even though we Won a SuperBowl with him. So I guess you would rather have any other "good" DT, and not win a SuerBowl with them? Some people will never be satisfied, even if they win. Let's get DT FILI MOALA, etc. I bet you like him. But dont amount to winning a SuperBowl with BOOGER, right? I mean...jezz

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Bears weren't very strong because of their QB but had the best Defense and SPTeams in the league. Having said that the AFC was at it's best back then with the Chargers, Ravens, and Patriots. We beat a great Ravens team in Baltimore with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Steve McNair was better than Average at QB as well. Then we beat Tommy and BB, so our run wasn't too shabby overall.

The Bears went 13-3 that year and had a suffocating D. People can talk about Rex Grossman all they want, but the Colts had to run the AFC gauntlet just to get to that Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That was my first thought as well, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's using this visit to give him leverage for a long-term deal in New York.

He's been sitting on the Giants offer for nearly a month. I don't think he gains any leverage with them. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They caught lightning in the bottle at the right time. However, that regular season defense of the Colts was about as bad as it gets. Anyways it doesn`t change my stance on Booger or the Colts were lucky to have won the SB in 2006. I`m done with the debate, now sign Hankins.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Such a bad argument, and everyone knows it.  You might as well argue that Dylan Gandy or Gilbert Gardner were good, strictly because we didn't win a SB without them... 

Booger was good. He is not the standard by which all DTs should be measured. And he was at the end of his career in 2006. With him starting 11 games, the Colts gave up an average of 173 rushing yards/game. He was only moderate as a difference maker. 

My statement was that the Colts hadn't had a decent DT since Booger. What's wrong with that statement considering the colts Won a Superbowl with him? 

It just doesn't sit right with you huh? Lol well face the facts all of the DTs that you can and will mentioned probably all sucked. Go ahead.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Bears went 13-3 that year and had a suffocating D. People can talk about Rex Grossman all they want, but the Colts had to run the AFC gauntlet just to get to that Super Bowl.

And the Bears beat a couple of pretty good teams in the playoffs, and were dominant all season long. 

They caught lightning in the bottle at the right time. However, that regular season defense of the Colts was about as bad as it gets. Anyways it doesn`t change my stance on Booger or the Colts were lucky to have won the SB in 2006. I`m done with the debate, now sign Hankins.

If we sign Hankins I think we all can agree that it is a good signing.

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

My statement was that Colts hadn't have a Decent DT SINCE Booger, and you found fault with that? Even though we Won a SuperBowl with him. So I guess you would rather have any other "good" DT, and not win a SuerBowl with them? Some people will never be satisfied, even if they win. Let's get DT FILI MOALA, etc. I bet you like him. But dont amount to winning a SuperBowl with BOOGER, right? I mean...jezz

Listen, dude, you stated Booger was great, and I disagreed. I`m done with you now, go play with somebody else. I stand by everything I wrote. Don`t like, then it`s your problem.  

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

My statement was that the Colts hadn't had a decent DT since Booger. What's wrong with that statement considering the colts Won a Superbowl with him? 

It just doesn't sit right with you huh? Lol well face the facts all of the DTs that you can and will mentioned probably all sucked. Go ahead.

I didn't take issue with that. I took issue with the comment that, if you think Booger is overrated, you're undermining the Colts SB, as if he was the catalyst.

I already mentioned Langford and Anderson, both of whom are better now than the Booger was in 2006.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

And the Bears beat a couple of pretty good teams in the playoffs, and were dominant all season long. 

What a lot of people forget that Bears team beat Drew Brees and the Saints 39-14 in the NFC Title Game. I thought the Saints would win that game. They made Drew Brees look really bad.