Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical Trade Offer - Would You Take It?

Would you accept this trade if it was offered? Don't judge me, I'm really bored.

Colts:

Andrew Luck

Browns:

#1 pick

#12 pick

#52pick

Leaves us with 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. Could allow us to take either Deshaun Watson or Trubisky 1st and retool the defense and running game with the remaining picks. Gives Browns a regular draft, leaves them with their normal 2nd rounder intact. Just trading picks they got for the Goff trade. Luck acts as their 'First Round Pick'.

I saw someone talking about the fact that Cleveland could possibly have the picks to trade for a high level QB if they wanted to.

I just want to make it clear that I am not, I repeat, NOT saying we should trade Luck. Just trying to gauge the thoughts of the forum.

No, it's too hard to find franchise-caliber quarterbacks. Even if we made good picks on most of our selections it could set the team back if the quarterback situation solved. Interesting idea but I would rather have to find good defensive players with a franchise quarterback than the other way around. I'm sure Luck is cringing at the idea of this.

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Would you accept this trade if it was offered? Don't judge me, I'm really bored.

Colts:

Andrew Luck

Browns:

#1 pick

#12 pick

#52pick

Leaves us with 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. Could allow us to take either Deshaun Watson or Trubisky 1st and retool the defense and running game with the remaining picks. Gives Browns a regular draft, leaves them with their normal 2nd rounder intact. Just trading picks they got for the Goff trade. Luck acts as their 'First Round Pick'.

I saw someone talking about the fact that Cleveland could possibly have the picks to trade for a high level QB if they wanted to.

I just want to make it clear that I am not, I repeat, NOT saying we should trade Luck. Just trying to gauge the thoughts of the forum.

You know they say you do crazy things when you're bored

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

No Luck is a guaranteed star in this league the other prospects haven't done squat 

I agree there is no way I would do that trade Luck is a proven good QB and the others nobody knows yet and could be busts and we have too many holes on the roster to create more potential uncertainty.

Give me an entire year's worth of draft selections AND another first round pick and we can talk...

JK, we are never going to trade Luck regardless of what is being offered (and the above, I guarantee would never ever ever happen. Thats how GMs get fired easily). 

A trade like that would be an all time worst mistake.

If we're trading away Luck then I want no less then 15 first round picks and 10 second round picks.

Franchise QB's are extremely hard to find.  That's been the Brown's problem for pretty much their entire existence.  We don't need to become the new Browns.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:33 AM, UKColt13 said:

Colts:

Andrew Luck

Browns:

#1 pick

#12 pick

#52pick

No. 

You're not getting enough.

St. Louis got THREE #1's and a 2 to let Washington move up and take RG3. 

That's the minimum you'd want.

But St. Louis gave up more than you're getting to move up and take Goff.

And Philadelphia gave up more than you're getting to move up and take Wentz.

So,  you'd need to get more.      Much, much more.

Like three 1's and three 2's and maybe a key defensive player.

Something like that.

Oh,  and this is not a great draft and the QB's are not very good.     No one is close to Luck.

3 hours ago, Surge89 said:

How about Colts give: Luck, Dwayne Allen

Cowboys give: Prescott, 2017 1st, 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd, 2018 first, 2018 second, 2018 3rd, 2018 4th

Am I playing the game right? :)

Is this before or after Belichick makes him look like a rookie QB in the SB? Personally, I would not make that trade until Z. Prescott had a 2nd successful season under his belt. 

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

Is this before or after Belichick makes him look like a rookie QB in the SB? Personally, I would not make that trade until Z. Prescott had a 2nd successful season under his belt. 

Lol in fantasy land it doesn't matter :-).

Plus I bet Rodgers will be a bit to much for the young signal caller.  His time will come just don't think it'll be this year.