Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So do you feel better about the Colt's divisional chances now?

JPFolks

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I'm hoping Oakland wins to keep pace with Pats. I'd rather the Colts go to Oakland than NE. Of course, the Colts have to win and keep winning. Raiders just intercepted!

What makes you think we would beat the Chiefs, Broncos or Steelers in the wild card round, assuming we win the division?  I mean seriously?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

I'll feel slightly better if they win tomorrow, it's going to be a very difficult game for the Colts.  They seem to have fits against the Jets and Fitzpatrick I could see looking like a top tier QB tomorrow.  I don't feel too comfortable at all with tomorrows game.  The Texans aren't looking good though.

Titans schedule is pretty tough with Denver/KC, Colts is pretty tough with NY (weak team but one they struggle with)/Hou/Min/Oak and the Texans have a cupcake schedule and play 3 divisional opponents and The Bengals.  It's going to take a pretty good collapse for them to lose the division along with the Colts winning.

Well our o-line better play the game of the year. Because Brady got beat up against the Jets. 

2 hours ago, tikyle said:

What makes you think we would beat the Chiefs, Broncos or Steelers in the wild card round, assuming we win the division?  I mean seriously?

thinking too far ahead

take it one game at a time and forget about tanking

i have rooted for tanking before, but its just wasted emotion.  the team will never do it on purpose, especially when we control our own destiny like we do now. 

besides even if we do miss the playoffs we will win enough games that we dont get all that high of a pick anyway, just like last year.  picking at like 15th instead of in the low 20s is not going to be the difference between being good in the future

29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It's hard to feel anything about this team. Far too inconsistent. For every Packers win, there's a Texans loss to counter it. We never know which team is going to show up. It can vary drastically as often as every drive. 

Yep. The JekylandHydeanapolis Colts is our new name.....

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

thinking too far ahead

take it one game at a time and forget about tanking

i have rooted for tanking before, but its just wasted emotion.  the team will never do it on purpose, especially when we control our own destiny like we do now. 

besides even if we do miss the playoffs we will win enough games that we dont get all that high of a pick anyway, just like last year.  picking at like 15th instead of in the low 20s is not going to be the difference between being good in the future

15th to 21st in the draft is a large difference in talent level.  I don't think we have to intentionally tank.  Our old guys (and some of our young guys) are dropping like flies so the NFL universe is allowing us to play the younger less experienced guys due to attrition.

6 minutes ago, tikyle said:

15th to 21st in the draft is a large difference in talent level.  I don't think we have to intentionally tank.  Our old guys (and some of our young guys) are dropping like flies so the NFL universe is allowing us to play the younger less experienced guys due to attrition.

Not to start anything but you actually think picking 15th is a large difference over picking 21st? Just asking.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to start anything but you actually think picking 15th is a large difference over picking 21st? Just asking.

Absolutely.  If I ran down the drafts and showed you the difference in the players you would as well.  Look at a range from like 13th-16th and then look at a range from 20th-23rd and you'll see a major difference in talent.  Some guys fall through the cracks but for the most part you're looking at the difference of perennial pro bowlers to maybe a one time pro bowler and maybe never a pro bowler.  I did this in another thread but here you go.

13th - 16th Picks 2013-present

13. Sheld Richardson, Aaron Donald, Andrus Peat, Laremy Tunsil

14. Star Lotuleiei, Kyle Fuller, DeVante Parker, Karl Joseph

15. Kenny Voccaro, Ryan Shazier, Melvin Gordon, Corey Coleman

16. EJ Manual, Zack Martin, Kevin Johnson, Taylor Decker

vs.

20th - 23rd Picks 2013-present

20. Kyle Long, Brandin Cooks, Nelson Agholor, Daron Lee

21. Tyler Eifert, Ha-Ha Dix, Cedric Ogbuehi, Will Fuller

22. Desmond Trufant, Johnny Manziel, Bud Dupree, Josh Doctson

23. Sharrif Floyd, Dee Ford, Shane Ray, Laquon Treadwell

1 minute ago, tikyle said:

Absolutely.  If I ran down the drafts and showed you the difference in the players you would as well.  Look at a range from like 13th-16th and then look at a range from 20th-23rd and you'll see a major difference in talent.  Some guys fall through the cracks but for the most part you're looking at the difference of perennial pro bowlers to maybe a one time pro bowler and maybe never a pro bowler.  I did this in another thread but here you go.

vs.

You may be right so I wont debate it, I follow the Draft but not super closely like you. So I may need to do more research. I have just seen so many players become Very Good to even Great that have been taken late in the 1st Round and taken in the later rounds over the years. I have also seen a lot busts that have went Top 10.

30 minutes ago, tikyle said:

vs.

Yyour chances of drafting a stud are more likely the higher up you draft, of course.  But there's so many variables you're better off winning as much as you can. Because in the draft, you arent' guaranteed anything.  For as many studs as there have been drafted at 15, there are plenty of misses (probably just as many).  It is so dependent on the draft class, you can't really predict what you'll be ending up with.  Besides, if there's really some guy there at say 15th, overall that you really like, you could trade up from 21 without giving up your first born.  So I agree with you, your chances are higher, but that's all they really are.  

12 hours ago, tikyle said:

Maybe I should wait until they beat teams like the Broncos and Chiefs   in the playoffs....

22 hours ago, tikyle said:

you sound like you are a bigger fan of the draft than you are of the game

i would much rather root for blow out wins over the jets than hope we lose to get  a higher pick

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i would much rather root for blow out wins over the jets than hope we lose to get  a higher pick

I am a fan of getting better.  I don't want to "blow my load" off of beating the hapless Jets when this is the same team that lost to the hapless Jags.  This is a seriously flawed team that needs talent.  And the masking of that fact by the shallow wins the Colts have racked up since Grigs-Pags era seems to be clouding everyones thoughts.  When I get time I need to post the Colts win-loss record outside of the division in the Andrew Luck era and what records those teams finished the year with.

I think if you analyze this team intelligently and not just say hey we went 11-5 for three years you will see that we have/had way more problems than the record would indicate.  It's like NFL players taking pain killers.  Sure the pills work and you don't feel your pain.  But three years later when you're having one of your kidneys removed you're like "hey this did more damage than help."  The AFC South and beating up on those teams are Colts fans pain killers.

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Again, I'll use the Pokemon analogy that I've used before. The Colts are like the 15 year old kid playing in the 10 and under age division. You can beat teams worse than you every time (the AFC South), however, when you move up to the 15 and up age division where you are supposed to be good enough (playoff teams), you crash and burn. We can't play teams at our skill level. We aren't good enough. To win, we have to get better in the draft, which means get a lower pick, or have Grigson have an exceptional draft. We sure can't depend on the latter. At least Grigson got Kelly last year with a semi low pick.

The difference between 15 and 21, btw, is a Tim Williams and a Marquis Haynes. That's a BIG talent difference in the pass rush. It could also be the difference in actually being lucky enough to get either Rueben Foster or Zach Cunningham at 15 if we're lucky, and completely missing out on an elite ILB at 21. The difference in having a top 10 player fall to 15 by random luck, and hoping for a top 15 player to fall to 21. Huge difference!

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Again, I'll use the Pokemon analogy that I've used before.

668c290f302593013fa4d4e8030bca41d62252f5

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

This picture has like a triple meaning in response to your brilliant quote.  You sir Mr. Cisneros have won the internet today!!

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just wait everyone will be here to tell him how stupid his post is in a few mins 

They will.  And I get it, everyone wants to win.  Everyone wants to feel good.  But empty winning only leads to much bigger disappointment.  What good is 11-5 when you get embarrassed by 3 TDs vs NE?  What good is 11-5 when it takes half of the Chiefs to get hurt for you to come back against them in the playoffs?  What good is 11-5 when you prove that you cannot beat teams that are over .500?

Trust me, I know which of what I speak.  I'm a UF alumnus.  And I saw those guys all year get empty wins.  When they played FSU they looked like what they really were.  And then they ended up winning the SEC East only to get the "privilege" to play Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.  We all see how well that went.

44 minutes ago, tikyle said:

They will.  And I get it, everyone wants to win.  Everyone wants to feel good.  But empty winning only leads to much bigger disappointment.  What good is 11-5 when you get embarrassed by 3 TDs vs NE?  What good is 11-5 when it takes half of the Chiefs to get hurt for you to come back against them in the playoffs?  What good is 11-5 when you prove that you cannot beat teams that are over .500?

Trust me, I know which of what I speak.  I'm a UF alumnus.  And I saw those guys all year get empty wins.  When they played FSU they looked like what they really were.  And then they ended up winning the SEC East only to get the "privilege" to play Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.  We all see how well that went.

You don't have to tell me I totally agree with you!! I also want to actually be a good team instead of a lucky team or one that just beats garbage teams.

13 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

So, the consensus of board followers is that the Colts are not really improving as the season draws to a close, they still stink and there is no chance...no chance they'll put together a playoff run.  Got it.

Who have we beat this season?  When you show me a win vs a team that you would consider "unequivocally better" than the Colts coming into the game let me know.  And honestly the only game this season that's left that we can show that is @OAK (giving they stay relatively healthy and are still playing for something).  If we beat HOU, @MIN or JAX this year will you say the Colts were "unequivocally worse" than any of those teams going into the game?  Honestly?

6 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Who have we beat this season?  When you show me a win vs a team that you would consider "unequivocally better" than the Colts coming into the game let me know.  And honestly the only game this season that's left that we can show that is @OAK (giving they stay relatively healthy and are still playing for something).  If we beat HOU, @MIN or JAX this year will you say the Colts were "unequivocally worse" than any of those teams going into the game?  Honestly?

I was simply summarizing the apparent feeling of the forum's members, sir.  :^)

12 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Why does any of this matter?  It's just a straw man argument as it is not going to make you cheer for the team in any way shape form or fashion.  When that win comes then you'll just make up some other garbage like you've been doing all along.

12 minutes ago, tikyle said:

@ GB I would say is not a game anyone expected the Colts to win, especially on the road, regardless of the way the Packers were playing at the time. @ Tennessee also looks like a pretty good win in retrospect. Moving forward, while they have trouble scoring, winning @ MIN will also be a tough one. That's a very good defense the Colts will face. Maybe they are not "unequivocally worse" than Minnesota, but there are only 2-3 "complete" teams in the league this year. Most teams have holes on one or both sides of the ball. Minnesota just has the opposite problem as the Colts with a bad offense but good defense.

And I am not in love with Grigson, Pagano, or anyone else. However, missing the playoffs is not something anyone should want. Two years ago, had the Ravens beat the Pats, the Colts would have hosted the AFC Champ game and probably have been favored to go to the Super Bowl. While I agree it is hard to see this team winning on the road @ NE, @ OAK, or @ KC in the playoffs, it is possible. Get into the playoffs and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

However, missing the playoffs is not something anyone should want. Two years ago, had the Ravens beat the Pats, the Colts would have hosted the AFC Champ game and probably have been favored to go to the Super Bowl. While I agree it is hard to see this team winning on the road @ NE, @ OAK, or @ KC in the playoffs, it is possible. Get into the playoffs and see what happens.

So would you rather make the playoffs this year or have a much greater chance of better in the off season?  It's an either or question.  Just curious.

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

we could still be bad if we tank for picks

what will you say then?  just keep tanking every year that we dont go 4-0 to start the season

plenty of teams get high picks and still end up sucking.  some of the best players in the league at their potions were taken in the 5th and sixth rounds

Brady

sherman

Brown

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To win, we have to get better in the draft,

we dont have to tank to do that, we have to take the right players where ever we pick

good players were on the board when we took werner, dorsett and TR. 

On 05/12/2016 at 0:09 AM, Gavin said:

Nope.

Just now, tikyle said:

So would you rather make the playoffs this year or have a much greater chance of better in the off season?  It's an either or question.  Just curious.

Make the play offs every single time. This pathetic 'we need to lose' syndrome is verging on a phoney argument just for cheap thrills. It is verging on childish. But everyone to their own of course. Plus you hold all the 'I told you so' cards when we we eventually lose. And if we fluked a SB run, you would pretend to be happy, but deep down we all know you are seething, as you don't really care about winning, just whinning. After all, it is just one letter different. See what I did their....there....they're......

7 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I guess I don't consider us picking 15 or 28-32 to be a very significant difference. I would much rather get into the playoffs and make a deep run and not win the Super Bowl rather than miss the playoffs altogether and get to pick 15th. This team can get better by picking smartly in the draft no matter where they draft at, and the added experience of making playoff runs is experience that will pay dividends in seeking a SB and is more important in my mind than draft position.

Browns and Jags pick in the top 10 every year lately and they are pathetic franchises. Winning creates confidence that permeates throughout entire team.

18 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Make the play offs every single time. This pathetic 'we need to lose' syndrome is verging on a phoney argument just for cheap thrills. It is verging on childish. But everyone to their own of course. Plus you hold all the 'I told you so' cards when we we eventually lose. And if we fluked a SB run, you would pretend to be happy, but deep down we all know you are seething, as you don't really care about winning, just whinning. After all, it is just one letter different. See what I did their....there....they're......

The fact that you have to say fluked a SB run is all that needs to be said.  How about just be good enough for a SB run.  Did we ever fluke a SB run in the Polian era?  Winning the division every year (while we still suck) does what for you?  Bragging rights?  We are the best of the trash.  Yay!  To me that is the silly syndrome.  It is the status quo of marginal winning makes me feel good so its good enough to be just better than this one person/team/division so I can say I'm better than instead of actually getting good enough to compete with the entire league.  I want to rename it the Pokemon Syndrome.

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we dont have to tank to do that, we have to take the right players where ever we pick

good players were on the board when we took werner, dorsett and TR. 

Yes in theory you are correct.  How has that "theory" been working out for us?

24 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

seriously, what will you say if we tank and still suck next year???

If we suck next year it will be the same, obviously.  How long did HOU suck until they got the talent to be competent (minus the QB)?

25 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we could still be bad if we tank for picks

what will you say then?  just keep tanking every year that we dont go 4-0 to start the season

plenty of teams get high picks and still end up sucking.  some of the best players in the league at their potions were taken in the 5th and sixth rounds

Brady

sherman

Brown

True.  But if I gave you better odds to pick a great player wouldn't you want it?

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Don't know if you meant to quote me or not but you can take your rant somewhere else if you did considering your rant is misdirected

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just wait everyone will be here to tell him how stupid his post is in a few mins 

So glad you posted.  I know you didn't enjoy the game last night.  Must have really been hard for you to watch us roll up 41 points in a blowout.  Did you see the difference last night?  Players playing hard for their coach and players mailing in the season with a quarter of the season to go. Did you see Mike Adams running over to Pagano after his interception to jointly celebrate the play?  Fans and especially Owners  can see if their team is playing hard or just coasting.  And the Colts always play hard and have never mailed it in for Coach Pagano.  The good news is the Colts are still in the hunt with four to go.  And anything can happen.  Even better Coach Pagano will be back along with Grigson to finish building the monster and all you haters are going to have a miserable off season and there is nothing you can do but whine. 

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So glad you posted.  I know you didn't enjoy the game last night.  Must have really been hard for you to watch us roll up 41 points in a blowout.  Did you see the difference last night?  Players playing hard for their coach and players mailing in the season with a quarter of the season to go. Did you see Mike Adams running over to Pagano after his interception to jointly celebrate the play?  Fans and especially Owners  can see if their team is playing hard or just coasting.  And the Colts always play hard and have never mailed it in for Coach Pagano.  The good news is the Colts are still in the hunt with four to go.  And anything can happen.  Even better Coach Pagano will be back along with Grigson to finish building the monster and all you haters are going to have a miserable off season and there is nothing you can do but whine. 

Awesome be proud of him when his * blows another 3 high picks in the first 3 rounds to add to his total and completely looks over perennial all pro players in the draft 

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The monster hasn't  even been built yet. We might make the playoffs but will anything special happen? Prolly not. Might make it to the division round and lose at Oak or in KC or get another beat down in the snow at NE

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The monster hasn't  even been built yet. We might make the playoffs but will anything special happen? Prolly not. Might make it to the division round and lose at Oak or in KC or get another beat down in the snow at NE

That dude is Grigson's brother in law or some crap lol