Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Forte?

He would be a good fit to our system (especially 4 or so years ago) but would we really want to spend the money he wants on someone for the two maybe three years.  He is going to want to be paid at least 6mil/year and that's too much for a declining player.  Plus these are the years he will start to decline and injuries become a factor.  With Gore you would have two good runners but both are starters who want to be paid as such.  If we did sign him it would be an upgrade but we would have to run the ball 65% of the time to justify the move.

I do agree that we should wait for next year's draft to find our RB of the future, but I wouldn't sign Forte this offseason. We've got enough old RBs at the moment, and I would rather spend the money Forte is going to demand to improve our OL. For this coming season, I'd either sign someone cheap or draft someone in the later rounds, but roll with what we've got for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Booker23 said:

Sign Miller/Martin if they hit FA or try to get McCaffrey next year

Rumors are Martin is looking for DeMarco $$$, or close to it.  No thanks.  

I do like Miller though.  Wonder what he'll command?

4yr/ 20m, possibly 4/24 with incentives?  I wouldn't want to go much higher than that, otherwise I'd just draft a RB.

We could get Lamar Miller for a decent contract. And the thing is. He could be one of the top 6 or 8 backs in the entire NFL. The Dolphins for whatever reason didn't give him the touches he should have gotten. I mean we're talking about a RB who's only what? 24? He's averaged at least 4 YPC every year he's been in the league, and he's good as a pass blocker too. He's a really good all around back. If we sign any back in free agency its gotta be him. But IMO. The only way we should sign him is if we cut Gore. Save some more cap room to still allow us to sign 3 other impact starters.

For god's sake you are terrible. You don't know a good football player from a bad one. You might as well copy and paste for a living. 

When you post, we are all dumber for it...I wish I could be less candid with you. I hope you talk football with kids who play video games and don't care about the game itself...

Good luck

28 minutes ago, Bizarro Superman said:

For god's sake you are terrible. You don't know a good football player from a bad one. You might as well copy and paste for a living. 

When you post, we are all dumber for it...I wish I could be less candid with you. I hope you talk football with kids who play video games and don't care about the game itself...

Good luck

Tell us how you really feel.

3 hours ago, Clem-Dog said:

Rumors are Martin is looking for DeMarco $$$, or close to it.  No thanks.  

I do like Miller though.  Wonder what he'll command?

4yr/ 20m, possibly 4/24 with incentives?  I wouldn't want to go much higher than that, otherwise I'd just draft a RB.

I saw that report too, basically sealed our chances of signing him but I he's my favorite FA RB

12 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

We could get Lamar Miller for a decent contract. And the thing is. He could be one of the top 6 or 8 backs in the entire NFL. The Dolphins for whatever reason didn't give him the touches he should have gotten. I mean we're talking about a RB who's only what? 24? He's averaged at least 4 YPC every year he's been in the league, and he's good as a pass blocker too. He's a really good all around back. If we sign any back in free agency its gotta be him. But IMO. The only way we should sign him is if we cut Gore. Save some more cap room to still allow us to sign 3 other impact starters.

Gore is guaranteed  $3M.  Surely you aren't suggesting that we spend $3M in new money to save $1M, right?

Gore's incremental cost is $1M this year.  Ask yourself if you'd spend $1M to have Frank Gore on your team in 2016.  If that's a yes, then he is staying....that's a yes period.

37 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Gore is guaranteed  $3M.  Surely you aren't suggesting that we spend $3M in new money to save $1M, right?

Gore's incremental cost is $1M this year.  Ask yourself if you'd spend $1M to have Frank Gore on your team in 2016.  If that's a yes, then he is staying....that's a yes period.

Yeah. I didn't know all that lol.