Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos Fans

ColtsFan110314

Kind of off topic but it was on my mind and had to be said. I've never realized how much of a delusional fan base Denver has. They are all proclaiming Osweiler to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and to have him start over Manning. Personally, I would feel much better about our odds going into Denver facing a healthy Osweiler, instead of a healthy Manning.

One thing I can't believe people don't realize is how costly that muffed punt was for New England. No turnover there and they have the ball at the 35 up 21-7. Denver was moving nowhere on offense the whole game and, barring a pick sick, was on track to get run out of their own stadium.

With all of that said, I feel really confident if we can get this Colts team into the playoffs. New England is just having one of those years where injuries keep popping up and this time off for Luck will finally put a lot of the game into perspective for him.

NE had two 14 pt leads last night. They have nobody to blame but themselves as to why they lost. And as for Peyton, as much as I want to see him play again, we have to just call it what it is, his body is failing him & as long as Brock is productive & Denver continue to stack wins, all signs point to him not getting his job back as crazy as it sounds. I agree that once the playoffs start, I feel really good about our chances at getting to Santa Clara regardless of who & where we have to play. 

I understand where the fans are coming from personally. They don't quite have the emotional ties to Manning that Colts fans do. They see a quarterback well past his prime playing poorly since the middle of last season. Nown the quarterback you draft for the future helps beat an undefeated group. I'm not sure what I would do.

Kind of off topic but it was on my mind and had to be said. I've never realized how much of a delusional fan base Denver has. They are all proclaiming Osweiler to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and to have him start over Manning. Personally, I would feel much better about our odds going into Denver facing a healthy Osweiler, instead of a healthy Manning.

One thing I can't believe people don't realize is how costly that muffed punt was for New England. No turnover there and they have the ball at the 35 up 21-7. Denver was moving nowhere on offense the whole game and, barring a pick sick, was on track to get run out of their own stadium.

With all of that said, I feel really confident if we can get this Colts team into the playoffs. New England is just having one of those years where injuries keep popping up and this time off for Luck will finally put a lot of the game into perspective for him.

As a Colts fan living in Colorado, you are the one that is delusional. Brock Osweiller is better than Peyton in every way now. He has a better arm, he is more accurate, he fits Kubiak's system better, he can scramble and get out of tough situations, he is just one of the guys to the offense and doesn't try to force everyone to play his way. You have to lead by example, and Peyton can't do that anymore. Peyton is done and I wouldn't have him start on the Broncos if I was Elway if he played for free. Osweiller is their best chance at a SB, every Bronco fan or person who has watched the Broncos can see that.

The only people who should want Peyton to start are playoff contenders in the AFC, to them, Peyton will taste like chicken if Elway makes the mistake of starting him. 

As a Colts fan living in Colorado, you are the one that is delusional. Brock Osweiller is better than Peyton in every way now. He has a better arm, he is more accurate, he fits Kubiak's system better, he can scramble and get out of tough situations, he is just one of the guys to the offense and doesn't try to force everyone to play his way. You have to lead by example, and Peyton can't do that anymore. Peyton is done and I wouldn't have him start on the Broncos if I was Elway if he played for free. Osweiller is their best chance at a SB, every Bronco fan or person who has watched the Broncos can see that.

The only people who should want Peyton to start are playoff contenders in the AFC, to them, Peyton will taste like chicken if Elway makes the mistake of starting him. 

I second this. 

Peyton will see the field as starting Broncos QB only if Osweiler is injured or if Osweiler goes on a losing streak, neither of which I see happening after last night.

How many times has Peyton tried to connect with Emmanuel Sanders on that deep ball since last playoffs? Peyton does not have that feel anymore for the arch in the trajectory, so he is using muscle memory and is not getting it done even when he had the time to plant his foot. Brock had the perfect trajectory on that last drive before OT to connect with Sanders and his long legs make that bootleg work plus makes the stretch runs work like Peyton in his heyday. Let's face it, father time has caught up to Peyton. Brock's legs and arms also make that run game work.

I second this. 

Peyton will see the field as starting Broncos QB only if Osweiler is injured or if Osweiler goes on a losing streak, neither of which I see happening after last night.

How many times has Peyton tried to connect with Emmanuel Sanders on that deep ball since last playoffs? Peyton does not have that feel anymore for the arch in the trajectory, so he is using muscle memory and is not getting it done even when he had the time to plant his foot. Brock had the perfect trajectory on that last drive before OT to connect with Sanders and his long legs make that bootleg work plus makes the stretch runs work like Peyton in his heyday. Let's face it, father time has caught up to Peyton. Brock's legs and arms also make that run game work.

Absolutely, it's sad to see and say, but he's done. Some people here will make excuses about the injuries and continue to make excuses until he retires for him because of the emotional connection, but he has thrown at least 1 INT in every game this year. He's thrown 9 TDs in 9 games, 17 INT's and only two 300 yd games. He is struggling with the basics and it's unfortunate now. I would like to face him in the playoffs as a Colts fan just because we'd win, but if they faced the Pats in the AFC Championship, it would be a terrible move to start him. Osweiller looked good against the Pats, and the stat line was misleading as the Broncos scored 3 running tds as well. We'll see what happens anyway.

Manning or Osweiller.... the Pats lost. That's all that matters.

Also, as far as tiebreakers go, Denver winning is good for us.

They way I looked at it was a win-win.  I didn't want to see NE go undefeated, but wouldn't mind Denver losing again.  With the tiebreaker in our hand vs Denver we could possibly move up seeding due to Den Cin game later.  Both teams have struggled as of late.  We would've needed them to lose to CIN and 1 other team, which is a stretch but possible.

However, I think I get more satisfaction from CryBrady and the Patriots losing :)

You guys have no room to talk when you all threw Andrew Luck under the bus after that Carolina game and there were dozens of topics on here every week nitpicking him over the slightest thing. Did everyone forget when they called him "overrated"? Week in and week out, we heard it over and over how "bad" he was, and it was pretty bad when folks like me, and Pats fans, had to stick up for your quarterback. 

Right now, Brock Osweiler is playing a million times better than Manning has all year. The Broncos would be crazy to start Manning when he's healthy, over this guy, cause this guy isn't the one that was throwing 2-3 interceptions per game, and just barely scoring. 

There is no way the Broncos are winning a Super Bowl if Manning starts again. With Osweiler, they have a chance. 

Every fanbase has people who say ridiculous things. There were some people on these forums that were saying we should trade Luck earlier in the season.

Hasselbeck is the future! Trade Luck, start Matt because he can obviously play until he's 50 and paper cut every team to death with his phenomenal dink and dunks. Trade Luck for RGiii and let him sit for a decade and by the time RGiii is 35, he will be ready!

haha

You guys have no room to talk when you all threw Andrew Luck under the bus after that Carolina game and there were dozens of topics on here every week nitpicking him over the slightest thing. Did everyone forget when they called him "overrated"? Week in and week out, we heard it over and over how "bad" he was, and it was pretty bad when folks like me, and Pats fans, had to stick up for your quarterback.

Right now, Brock Osweiler is playing a million times better than Manning has all year. The Broncos would be crazy to start Manning when he's healthy, over this guy, cause this guy isn't the one that was throwing 2-3 interceptions per game, and just barely scoring.

There is no way the Broncos are winning a Super Bowl if Manning starts again. With Osweiler, they have a chance.

Puh-lease.

You responded to nonsense with more nonsense, particularly the bolded.

Hasselbeck is the future! Trade Luck, start Matt because he can obviously play until he's 50 and paper cut every team to death with his phenomenal dink and dunks. Trade Luck for RGiii and let him sit for a decade and by the time RGiii is 35, he will be ready!

haha

Skip Bayless likes this post

Absolutely, it's sad to see and say, but he's done. Some people here will make excuses about the injuries and continue to make excuses until he retires for him because of the emotional connection, but he has thrown at least 1 INT in every game this year. He's thrown 9 TDs in 9 games, 17 INT's and only two 300 yd games. He is struggling with the basics and it's unfortunate now. I would like to face him in the playoffs as a Colts fan just because we'd win, but if they faced the Pats in the AFC Championship, it would be a terrible move to start him. Osweiller looked good against the Pats, and the stat line was misleading as the Broncos scored 3 running tds as well. We'll see what happens anyway.

There are unwritten realities in the NFL.  One WR can do everything another WR does, but if he can't run a 40 below 4.8, he won't be in the NFL.

A QB needs to be able to throw the ball with a certain minimum velocity/distance in order to succeed in the NFL.  Peyton can't do that anymore, so all of the things he still can do, and do well, don't matter. 

Peyton has become a weaker armed less accurate Chad Pennington.  He's done.  Osweiller is better.

Well I guess I'm glad that Broncos fans think that. Much easier game come playoff time. True I do have a bias towards Manning but I think his teammates feel better having him out there knowing there is a possibility he still has a little left in the tank. I myself got a little worried during the Pats game because it is clear that D. Thomas has NO trust for Osweiler. Who knows, maybe it is a lack of effort on his part or just poor communication.

In the end, Peyton seems to be heading down that Brett Favre path. If we can't win the Super Bowl this year I really hope its the Broncos with Peyton leading the way. Don't want to see him jump from team to team the way Favre fizzled out.

Right now, Brock Osweiler is playing a million times better than Manning has all year. The Broncos would be crazy to start Manning when he's healthy, over this guy, cause this guy isn't the one that was throwing 2-3 interceptions per game, and just barely scoring. 

If you thought Brock was a million times better than Manning was against Green bay, I'd say that's crazy..

Brock really struggled for 3 quarters and if NE fields a punt leading 21-7 with 13 minutes to go..the Pats win.

Brock made 2 big throws late but if Peyton's healthy, you have to go with a guy who has been in 3 Super Bowls over a promising

up-and-comer who's played for a month.

When Peyton's healthy...probably the final 2 weeks...he goes back in. Has to

Well if you read my Posts I have been behind Andrew 100% and have been behind Peyton 100%. It's not bias thinking, Andrew is simply better than Hass and Peyton is better than Brock. Playoffs are a whole different animal and if we don't have Andrew we aren't going anywhere. If the Broncos start Brock instead of Peyton they will be packing early too. Brock was awful last night through 3 Qtrs and was on the drive previous to the Punt fumble, the fumble saved the Broncos and Brock didn't do anything in OT either, CJ Anderson won the game on a 50 Yard run.

I know I sound like a broken record today but Manning fans aren't doing him any favors with this talk. Brock the greatest thing ever? Nah. Brock better than Manning? Nah. But Brock was hardly carried to a Mark Sanchez with a Rex Ryan defense type win. He really only made 1 mistake, the early sack, and that was only a big deal as far as Xs and Os. You don't beat the Pats by taking sacks and throwing it away every time you feel some heat out there. Brock was brilliant really. The redzone stalls in the 2nd half are Kubiak's fault when Manning's out if they're his fault when he's playing.

I know I sound like a broken record today but Manning fans aren't doing him any favors with this talk. Brock the greatest thing ever? Nah. Brock better than Manning? Nah. But Brock was hardly carried to a Mark Sanchez with a Rex Ryan defense type win. He really only made 1 mistake, the early sack, and that was only a big deal as far as Xs and Os. You don't beat the Pats by taking sacks and throwing it away every time you feel some heat out there. Brock was brilliant really. The redzone stalls in the 2nd half are Kubiak's fault when Manning's out if they're his fault when he's playing.

Yep. IMO the guy deserves some credit. I mean dude.....he beat NE in the snow, in the wind, at home on SNF. The previously unbeaten Pats who are defending SB Champs. And sure he got a few breaks too that helped IMO spark the comeback since NE was ahead 21-7. But, if Peyton did that last night this forum would be having a parade on Manning over Brady.

Brock did well.

He HAS played better then Peyton this year in two games. Okay sure Peyton beat the Packers D up but who doesn't?

This is going to be an interesting wait and see situation with Denver. I can't make any real prediction on what will happen. Personally I think if Brock continues to play well and doesn't fall apart then the Broncos DO have a legit shot to be back in the SB. If they throw out Manning again and he goes back to sucking then they don't and the fat lady sings early in January.

I kinda dig this though. It's drama!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

fans love the guy who isn't playing..because he hasn't lost....some Colts fans actually think Matt Hasselbeck is better than Andrew.

I love what Hass is doing but I think we need Andrew to beat the Texans with the way they are playing now and to be able to make a run in the Playoffs. No way we beat Denver if Hass plays in that one. Hass can no doubt beat the lesser teams and has been a blessing to our team but against the contenders if we don't have Andrew we are in trouble. I really want to see what Hass does against the Steelers. If he wins that game I will feel much better with Andrew being out longer. We need to make sure Andrew is completely healed before bringing him back though. Just like I don't want to see Peyton out there at 70/80%, he needs to be 100% healthy.

Hass can beat any team, any time..........as long as he doesn't get hit. He's every bit as smart as Luck and other quarterbacks who are considered to be better than Luck. This guy started for 1 team for years, went to the playoffs almost every year and played in a SB. This isn't a knock on Luck, just a reminder that his backup isn't some guy from the Bad News Bears. The only reason he's a backup now is because of his age.