Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton

bap1331

This guy is so obnoxious and annoying. Celebrates after every first down, makes dumb gestures, tears apart the Packers sign saying it's disrespectful. he acts like a high schooler.

I really hope they tear apart like every year. The fans start talking trash all of a sudden and they can't even fill up their stadium.

Be a role model. You're a grown man. Another reason I am so happy to have Andrew luck. Please don't give any reasoning behind it. There's no excuse.

This guy is so obnoxious and annoying. Celebrates after every first down, makes dumb gestures, tears apart the Packers sign saying it's disrespectful. he acts like a high schooler.

I really hope they tear apart like every year. The fans start talking trash all of a sudden and they can't even fill up their stadium.

Be a role model. You're a grown man. Another reason I am so happy to have Andrew luck. Please don't give any reasoning behind it. There's no excuse.

Speaking of cam and high school, which school are you in?

There's nothing wrong with Cam. Quarterbacks don't have to be robots on and off the field in order to be respected or taken seriously.

Ever look at the top 10 celebrations on nfl network? I remember everyone from 10 to 2 were Terrell Owens and some other clowns. Guess who was #1? Barry sanders because he always handed the ball to the referee after his tds. It's simple class. You are a role model to many kids. Same with Peyton and luck. They go to their teammates, shake hands, and walk off the field.

I understand luck spikes every once in a while but that was more of taking out his anger on doubters. Like the broncos game, where the media overshadowed him with peyton.

Cam is 8-0, there's no need to do what he does.

Wasn't this complaint an issue four years ago? He's a good guy. You speak of him like he's Aqib Talib, and people here speak like Aqib Talib is Greg Hardy. I've gotten the impression many posters here think if you aren't god himself, you're a piece of % wife beating dirty playing charismatic awful person.

Wasn't this complaint an issue four years ago? He's a good guy. You speak of him like he's Aqib Talib, and people here speak like Aqib Talib is Greg Hardy. I've gotten the impression many posters here think if you aren't god himself, you're a piece of % wife beating dirty playing charismatic awful person.

Sensationalist forum I agree.  I'm not even sure why I bothered to comment on the Von Miller post in the Colts section.  

Ever look at the top 10 celebrations on nfl network? I remember everyone from 10 to 2 were Terrell Owens and some other clowns. Guess who was #1? Barry sanders because he always handed the ball to the referee after his tds. It's simple class. You are a role model to many kids. Same with Peyton and luck. They go to their teammates, shake hands, and walk off the field.

I understand luck spikes every once in a while but that was more of taking out his anger on doubters. Like the broncos game, where the media overshadowed him with peyton.

Cam has always had and still has doubters, if you want to use that as leeway. Not every player is the same, and the league would be boring without some individuality in the game.

I'm not sure how you got from making gestures and acting childish at times is equivalent of a more than likely guilty wife beater, but if that's the comparison your going to make, then don't complain about others sensationalism.

You can be as cocky as you want to be until someone stops you. Cam scores a TD and gives it to a little kid in the first row. He high fives everyone in the first row after the game and sometimes when he scores. As much as OBJ celebrates he's well liked and the same thing also with Cam

I don't like Fig Newton either. Too much of a showboat, IMO. Sure, he's doing well this season, but a little modesty wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure how you got from making gestures and acting childish at times is equivalent of a more than likely guilty wife beater, but if that's the comparison your going to make, then don't complain about others sensationalism.

Gotcha. I'm sensational because I strawmanned sensationalists.

Cam also gives the ball to a kid every time he runs in for a TD.

Also, it's against policy to hang banners for opposing teams in a stadium, so Cam actually did the right thing. Say what you want about his first few years in the league, but he's really matured as a player.

I think the MVP talk is ridiculous though.

Cam also gives the ball to a kid every time he runs in for a TD.

Also, it's against policy to hang banners for opposing teams in a stadium, so Cam actually did the right thing. Say what you want about his first few years in the league, but he's really matured as a player.

I think the MVP talk is ridiculous though.

Cam didn't do the right thing by taking the banner. They have security and stadium personnel for that.

What's odd about can is that he seems to be 2 people.

Off the field, he's quiet and humble..

On the field..he's an all-time showboat..and egomaniac..

....I worry about the hits he takes..a lot like Luck. Cam's going to get knocked out.

My dad said the same thing about him off the field. I've never seen him off the field. I only know the showboat Newton. Perhaps my opinion would be different, but still think a little more humility (on field) wouldn't hurt.

Good QB. Not great, but good.

I hated his team with a passion on that heartbreaking MNF loss. However, I do respect them at times as well. I don't find the "antics" anything bad either. He is not breaking any laws as far as I know. He just has a little swag at times. It's his personality.

And this picture is LOL.......

USATSI_8912358_1447020633431_26463264_ve

In other words, no one should celebrate at all. All black players should just be quiet like Barry Sanders and not celebrate at all. Everyone likes the black celebrities that are just "quiet" and "classy" as the keywords they love to use. It gets boring hearing about how great Barry Sanders was cause he didn't jump around and get happy and celebrate, but Cam Newton is "classless" and "annoying" if he shows any emotion invested in doing what he loves. 

Brett Favre was one of the happiest people on the field that made you remember that the guy was having fun out there. No one ever complained about him being too happy and celebrating. Brett Favre reminded us all what it was like to have FUN playing in the backyard. Cam Newton in a way reminds me of Favre with his happy cheerful ways, and for that I'm glad he's in the league. 

Not everyone is an emotionless automated robot when they're doing something they love. 

These guys are not technically role models either. Everyone loves to point at celebrity figures and give them the "role model" label. Not all kids are going to grow up and play sports. When LeBron James told the world he wasn't a role model, he was speaking for all athletes. These guys need to stop being treated as if kids need to look up to them. it's parents jobs to raise their kids, not who is on the television. 

In other words, no one should celebrate at all. All black players should just be quiet like Barry Sanders and not celebrate at all. Everyone likes the black celebrities that are just "quiet" and "classy" as the keywords they love to use. It gets boring hearing about how great Barry Sanders was cause he didn't jump around and get happy and celebrate, but Cam Newton is "classless" and "annoying" if he shows any emotion invested in doing what he loves. 

Brett Favre was one of the happiest people on the field that made you remember that the guy was having fun out there. No one ever complained about him being too happy and celebrating. Brett Favre reminded us all what it was like to have FUN playing in the backyard. Cam Newton in a way reminds me of Favre with his happy cheerful ways, and for that I'm glad he's in the league. 

Not everyone is an emotionless automated robot when they're doing something they love. 

These guys are not technically role models either. Everyone loves to point at celebrity figures and give them the "role model" label. Not all kids are going to grow up and play sports. When LeBron James told the world he wasn't a role model, he was speaking for all athletes. These guys need to stop being treated as if kids need to look up to them. it's parents jobs to raise their kids, not who is on the television.

I liked your post just so I could dislike it.

I agree with you that not everyone is an emotionless automated robot, but I don't feel the same way you do about pretty much anything else in your post.

Though I don't mind the emotionless, having emotion isn't what bothers me about players, or any such human being for that matter. It's the 'look at me' attitude/antics, that some players feel the need to portray. I find it difficult to believe some of these players didn't get enough attention in college,high school, etc.

Role Model? Parents should be the prime role models, but there's nothing wrong with people admiring other people. The snide part of me wants to say, if LeBron doesn't want to be a role model (and I didn't know HE had ever said that), then he shouldn't be interviewed, shouldn't have a number, or his name on his uniform, and the league shouldn't sell his jersey. There, no fear of being a possible role model. Fact of the matter is, though I'm no LaBron fan, for the most part he doesn't seem like a bad guy, and could be considered a better role model than an awful lot of atheletes, seemingly.

Oh, and that means I also don't agree with the Favre / Cam comparison. Though Favre became somewhat unbearable near the end of his career, that was mostly due to his incapability to determine his retirement status for far too long, and the media rans with that. Too much. To me, Favre genuinely enjoyed his playing, and life in general (sans his adiction). Cam seems disingenuous with all the mugging for the cameras. He always seems like he's building his 'brand'.

I like him too. He and Luck are very similar in their style of play.

Well, not only that, but he seems like a cool dude. He's almost always energetic, and he's starting to become a really good QB.

People posting that they hate him bc of the TD celebration are just hating so they can hate haha

I don't understand what being black has anything to do with it. Cam could be as white as a pale and he'd still annoy me.