Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Similar to tyvon branch situation

12isthenew18

Vet min for a guy who was our best lineman when healthy. I don't appreciate the sarcasm.

He's played in 1.5 games in one season across two years of being on this team- yet in that (I'll be generous and say 90 minutes of playtime) you've been able to say that he is the best?

Yep, let's flush cap space down the toilet so this guy can stub his toe walking to the buffet and be out for another season.

Magnificent philosophy.

Donald thomas has also spent 2 seasons on IR at the third of the cost. Why hasn't thomas been cut when we save for possibly darius butler and co. Seeing ricky and others go this comes as a shocker

Donald Thomas is not due a $1m roster bonus in March. Tyvon Branch was. That's the major difference.

I think he'll be released, unless he agrees to reduce his salary to vet minimum. Otherwise, another injury would really suck, as we'd have to pay him another $3.25m for essentially nothing.

I don't think he was going to be the answer anyway, He was step up or 2 in what we had to begin with under the new regime...a solid pass blocker in the limited time he was on the field I think but not someone that we could run the ball behind I think, I'd take him back at vet minimum as a solid pass blocking O Lineman

He's played in 1.5 games in one season across two years of being on this team- yet in that (I'll be generous and say 90 minutes of playtime) you've been able to say that he is the best?

Yep, let's flush cap space down the toilet so this guy can stub his toe walking to the buffet and be out for another season.

Magnificent philosophy.

Okay 1. I said when he was on the field he was our best lineman, not that he is our best lineman.

2. Giving vet min is "flushing cap space down the toilet"?

Edited by Superman

Hopefully he'll reduce his salary. I'd like to see him come back for another year.

He was just snake bitten by injuries like Ijalana.  Now Ijalana hasn't been on IR

since he left Indy that I know of.  I think in both cases it's a stroke of bad luck.

I want to see Thomas give it another shot.  He'll be a big help if it works out.

Magnificent philosophy.

I think somebody here has some anger management issues....

Both of Thomas' injuries came from either playing football or doing football related activities...   training, weight lifting...

So, your inference that he gets hurt doing almost nothing is completely false.   

But thanks for contributing to the thread.....

Tearing a Quad muscle is always problematic. it is one of the toughest muscle groups to heal properly. It is also one of the largest muscle groups in the body. I honestly dont see him recovering from that or being able to play much more at all

Very sad this happened to him

Vet min for a guy who was our best lineman when healthy. I don't appreciate the sarcasm.

The best of 5 bad lineman. ya, That was a special 2 games. The career backup is undersized at 303lb and Chuck wanted to him to work on his lower half to better be able to do what we needed.

Did you watch him in slow-mo those 2 games. He ran funny- didn`t look particularly athletic when he tried to pull.

Just another bad O-Line signing by Griggs.