Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Cincy is for real?

amfootball

Many people were saying prior to Monday nights game that Cincy has yet to win a big game on the big stage. Well, they did that Monday night. Shutting down Manning for three quarters and forcing four picks and running the ball for over 200 yards and another 200 yards on kick off returns.

So, are people sold on Cincy being a legit contender? Specifically, how do Colts fans feel about a rematch as it looks like the WC will have Cincy going to Indy if the Steelers win on Sunday which most expect to happen.

Cincy has had trouble in "big" games and games under the lights.  The trouble with the Denver game is that even though they won, Dalton did not look great made some bad throws, they had some undisciplined play with the fumble in the red zone and then the taunting penalty after the pick.  So Cincy performance was far from clean.  Not sure how far they will get in the playoffs if they play like the way they did on Monday.

With that said if they can clean things up then they could go far in the playoffs.  It tough to determine if there play on Monday was just an off game or indicative of their big time game short comings, if it is the latter, then they will need to toughen up or they wont go far in the playoffs.

This Sunday's game will be a good test for them and we will get a better idea of them after they play the Steelers in primetime for the division, which they have been leading most of the year and now are in a prime time spot to seal the deal and we will just have to wait and see if they can seal the deal.

They could win a playoff game, especially with the way Indy's been playing recently.  But I just don't see them going into New England and getting a win.

However stranger things have happened . . . and it's not like New England looked dominate against the Jets last week.  

So I guess it's just sort of waiting to see who gets hot.

No...and a win over Denver doesn't impress me enough to think otherwise. Andy Dalton played like nothing special as usual. Actually, for HIM that was a pretty good game. Peyton played god awful and Denver's special teams really are a joke. People keep lauding Denver and I have no idea why.

Cincy's saving grace, like every other AFC team outside NE, is that the AFC is not at all impressive. All teams sans have significant shortcomings. A few teams have a shot, but I don't see anyone beating NE in Foxboro and that includes Cincy.

The Bengals are so unpredictable.   They were sure pumped on Monday night, and the stadium was rockin'.  AJ Green is hurt, but I imagine he will probably still play.    I think the Steelers,  at home, take this game, but then again,  this season has been a crazy one.

They're the Cowboys of the AFC. Nothing they do short of winning the SB will make them "for real" and even then people would be like "yeah but their still frauds because the only won the SB this year."

Winning a playoff game would be a start.

No...and a win over Denver doesn't impress me enough to think otherwise. Andy Dalton played like nothing special as usual. Actually, for HIM that was a pretty good game. Peyton played god awful and Denver's special teams really are a joke. People keep lauding Denver and I have no idea why.

Cincy's saving grace, like every other AFC team outside NE, is that the AFC is not at all impressive. All teams sans have significant shortcomings. A few teams have a shot, but I don't see anyone beating NE in Foxboro and that includes Cincy.

"No...and a win over Denver doesn't impress me enough to think otherwise. Andy Dalton played like nothing special as usual. Actually, for HIM that was a pretty good game."

you seriously have no idea why people laud Denver? Well....I dont suppose the fact that they have the 3rd ranked defense in yards allowed a game has anything to do with it? Or the fact that they have a balanced offense thats ranked 4th in yards per game?.......They have two excellent pass rushers and a pretty good secondary.......Oh.......and having Peyton Manning dont hurt.

"Andy Dalton played like nothing special as usual. Actually, for HIM that was a pretty good game."

Granted Dalton has had a bad start to his playoff career..........But the above quote post is just silly to be honest

Many people were saying prior to Monday nights game that Cincy has yet to win a big game on the big stage. Well, they did that Monday night. Shutting down Manning for three quarters and forcing four picks and running the ball for over 200 yards and another 200 yards on kick off returns.

So, are people sold on Cincy being a legit contender? Specifically, how do Colts fans feel about a rematch as it looks like the WC will have Cincy going to Indy if the Steelers win on Sunday which most expect to happen.

Their defense is solid & their running backs are top notch. The real question is can Andy Dalton make a clutch throw on 3rd down or 4th & long to beat INDY? Absolutely not. 

I think we'll find out if Cincy is for real on Sunday night when they play Pittsburgh. That's the kind of game that they'll win if they are for real. They are a good team, a team that is capable of giving anyone a run for their money when they're at their best, but I wouldn't take them seriously as a Super Bowl contender.