Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to try this

Valpo2004

Thought I remembered that correctly, I think Addai was a Lefty too, or maybe not...

Anyhow, a trick play or two are cool every now & then, but not sure this is how id use TY in trickery...

After seeing that throw, TY is the last guy we want to see doing it. 

Pagano has shown more desire to be aggressive recently, but he's no Jeff Fisher... yet.  LOL!  But watching that video, I was hoping that interception was TY, performing on D too!  Reminded me a lot of this gem-

Ahhh, yes. I remember that time Dallas Clark threw a pass to Dallas Clark and was tackled by Dallas Clark just after lateraling to Dallas Clark and Dallas Clark scored a touchdown. 

Dallas Clark. 

LOL! In the NFL the DBs would have had time to change their cleats and have a snack before making the interception.

Yeah TY, stick to outrunning those DBs.

Am I watching the wrong play? There were no DBs in the area, they all ran toward the ball, the receiver was wiiiide open, and the ball didn't hang in the air for a long time anyways... ???

Am I watching the wrong play? There were no DBs in the area, they all ran toward the ball, the receiver was wiiiide open, and the ball didn't hang in the air for a long time anyways... ???

Funny we're even discussing it.  Can we agree it was a lob?  You may be right, he may not have had to throw it any harder since the receiver was that wide open. 

I just thought it was a typical college play.  Busted coverage, just about anyone with an arm could make the throw.  It hardly means it would work in the pros.

Funny we're even discussing it.  Can we agree it was a lob?  You may be right, he may not have had to throw it any harder since the receiver was that wide open. 

I just thought it was a typical college play.  Busted coverage, just about anyone with an arm could make the throw.  It hardly means it would work in the pros.

If it was baseball, they would have issued the 'infield fly rule.'  :)  OK..maybe not :)

If it was baseball, they would have issued the 'infield fly rule.'   :)  OK..maybe not :)

I wonder if Boomstick is impressed with the hang time?  ;)  Quisenberry loved the movement on the pitch... ooops, the pass.  :highfive:

Reminded me a little of how we'd throw practice pop fly's in the outfield to each other while the pitcher got his warmup pitches in before the inning began.

I think in the NFL there might have been an ineligible man down field.  It seems more than a couple times on busted play like that, at least one O lineman heads upfield too early, before the play is done and draws the flag.

LOL!  In the NFL the DBs would have had time to change their cleats and have a snack before making the interception.

Yeah TY, stick to outrunning those DBs.

The steelers ran pretty much the exact same play with Antonio Brown on MNF and it led to a TD.  Some slight differences but the differences are minor.

http://nesn.com/2014/10/antonio-brown-throws-lefty-touchdown-pass-on-crazy-reverse-play-video/

(May take a min to load)

I wonder if Boomstick is impressed with the hang time?  ;)  Quisenberry loved the movement on the pitch... ooops, the pass.  :highfive:

Reminded me a little of how we'd throw practice pop fly's in the outfield to each other while the pitcher got his warmup pitches in before the inning began.

I think in the NFL there might have been an ineligible man down field.  It seems more than a couple times on busted play like that, at least one O lineman heads upfield too early, before the play is done and draws the flag.

I was thinking the same thing on the ineligible man downfield.

The Quiz and Kent Tekulve....submariners!!!   :)

The steelers ran pretty much the exact same play with Antonio Brown on MNF and it led to a TD.  Some slight differences but the differences are minor.

http://nesn.com/2014/10/antonio-brown-throws-lefty-touchdown-pass-on-crazy-reverse-play-video/

(May take a min to load)

I saw the play.  Are you saying that because a WR pass worked for them it would for us?

Look up the Reggie pass for the counter point.

It wasn't a rope. I guess it had too much air under it. His delivery wasn't textbook (neither is Phillip Rivers', of course). 

But he's getting chased to his left, and as a right hander, all his momentum is going away from the direction of the throw, as he throws across his body back toward the right. That's a tough throw for anyone. And the ball still goes 40 yards down the field. It might have been a lob, but at least it wasn't a duck. Maybe it doesn't hold up to QB standards, but for a trick play, I'll take that throw and be happy.

And that's the thing. He's not really trying to beat a DB. The coverage was blown. Doesn't matter how good the DBs are, they were toast already. Now maybe you don't get a blown coverage like that in the NFL (maybe you do; it happens), but if you do, I think that throw would suffice.

It just seemed to me like people were talking about the throw as if he had made the ugliest throw of all time. I think it was a really good throw from a non QB. 

:dunno:

It wasn't a rope. I guess it had too much air under it. His delivery wasn't textbook (neither is Phillip Rivers', of course). 

But he's getting chased to his left, and as a right hander, all his momentum is going away from the direction of the throw, as he throws across his body back toward the right. That's a tough throw for anyone. And the ball still goes 40 yards down the field. It might have been a lob, but at least it wasn't a duck. Maybe it doesn't hold up to QB standards, but for a trick play, I'll take that throw and be happy.

And that's the thing. He's not really trying to beat a DB. The coverage was blown. Doesn't matter how good the DBs are, they were toast already. Now maybe you don't get a blown coverage like that in the NFL (maybe you do; it happens), but if you do, I think that throw would suffice.

It just seemed to me like people were talking about the throw as if he had made the ugliest throw of all time. I think it was a really good throw from a non QB. 

:dunno:

It was very effective. Fantastic result. We are just having a little fun with the delivery.  (But he was under duress, I agree) We all would take that result, and chuckle about it too, maybe.  But I probably wouldn't want that attempt if there was an NFL DB within 15 yards of receiver at launch... :-)