Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman out for Monday

PrincetonTiger

This is not good. I believe the key to this game will be covering Ertz and Celek. We will miss Freeman's coverage skills.

This might be a good time to start Studebaker on the inside.

You will probably see Studebaker on the inside and Muamba has pretty good coverage skills

In my mind, Studebaker is the most athletic linebacker suiting up on Monday. If the coaches decide to go with Studebaker on the inside then he will have his hands full, but I believe it is our best option.

The Eagles offense isn't any better than Denver's.... They put up 31. I'm not understanding why everyone thinks Philly's offense is going to be better than Denver's.

They attack in a different way...BCC....and Denver could have score 45-50 if they hadn't dropped so many passes.

Denver and Phily do very different things....its almost all recognition vs. the eagles

You can be fooled badly and its big yards

That is only if Foles has the time to pass the ball

Philly is more of a run heavy offense than most teams in the NFL. Sure, Foles throws 50 times a game, but that's only because they run 80-90 offensive snaps. Playing Philadelphia is less about playing quick as it is playing smart, you have to stay disciplined even when exhausted and make sure the holes in the line are covered, and trust that your backfield can cover their receivers long enough. 

The best thing you can do for your defense against Philly (really moreso than just about any team in the league, except maybe Denver), is long, sustained drives on offense. Philly wants to utterly grind your defense in to pulp by running 50% more plays than most offenses, and a huge chunk of them being running plays. The defense needs the rest more than ever under these conditions.

Philly is more of a run heavy offense than most teams in the NFL. Sure, Foles throws 50 times a game, but that's only because they run 80-90 offensive snaps. Playing Philadelphia is less about playing quick as it is playing smart, you have to stay disciplined even when exhausted and make sure the holes in the line are covered, and trust that your backfield can cover their receivers long enough. 

The best thing you can do for your defense against Philly (really moreso than just about any team in the league, except maybe Denver), is long, sustained drives on offense. Philly wants to utterly grind your defense in to pulp by running 50% more plays than most offenses, and a huge chunk of them being running plays. The defense needs the rest more than ever under these conditions.

They will have a makeshift line on Monday so if our DL and Rushers are effective it may not matter

Foles usually throws it under 30 times a game

Easy win at home, I'm seeing at least a 10 point win.

As much as we hype our own strengths, we also OVERHYPE our own weaknesses. e.g. we say that our OLBs are bad...then look at the Chargers for instance. We praise Baltimore and Pittsburgh (this past Thursday night) for not playing vanilla, for playing fast paced and physical...while both teams had 8-8 records compared to our 11-5.

Look at a team closely enough and you'll see that every team is "bad" much like you'll start seeing things that are really not there.

e.g. I can go on and on by saying "Seahawks have good QB, great RB, marginal OL and WRs, TEs. Undersized defensive ends (Michael Bennett 274 lbs, Cliff Avril 260 lbs). No namers elsewise at DT."

See what I"m saying?

This is not good. I believe the key to this game will be covering Ertz and Celek. We will miss Freeman's coverage skills.

This might be a good time to start Studebaker on the inside.

Yeah, Zach Ertz has a Jimmy Graham like skill set. We've already seen what the Saints and Broncos can do with that kind of matchup.

Listen to Sky