Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Ranking on NFL.com

Bravo

Played better in the playoffs? Six ints and giving up 80+ points. We were very lucky to win a game.

we all know the big problem and it was no running game. So it is obvious that Luck is gonna pass all the time so its alot easier for defenses to know whats going on. Im sure that was the reason for the interceptions. Aside from the fact that it was raining. Tom Brady barely passed that game. Blount and the other running backs did all the work that day. Brady almost threw like 4 or 5 interceptions too..

The NFL just released their AFC ranking for the begging of the season..

1.) Broncos

2.) Patriots

Those were to be expected but next may suprise you!!!!

3.) Pittsburg Steelers

4.) San Diego Chargers

5.) Baltimore Ravens

Still no Colts......but comming in finally at #6 is

6.) Indianapolis Colts.

This is tough.. They obviously do not believe the Colts are for real. It's quoted somewhere on the page that they have "significant short comings outside of Andrew Luck."

I believe we should be #3 or #4. Could be a little biased but no way Chargers,Steelers,and Ravens all ahead of us.... No way

The Steelers!? LOL 

Their QB is busy in the bathroom, and their RB's are high as a kite. 

I think the problem with these things is that the media is always looking at what you did last year, and even then its a very superficial glance. They don't get deep into the training camp moves a team makes or the position battles.  They take highlight topics like T-rich's yac and such and say well this is who a team is.  Myself, as a colts fan but also a football fan, i don't think we are any lower than 3rd in the AFC. I come to this conclusion for two reasons, one is division status/ potential seeding , the Chargers are not going to win their division, so at best they are 5th, and that's based on the assumption that Rivers is going to play well, and in my opinion that's iffy, and then you have the north, where the ravens, bengals and steelers are going to beat up on each other,this will happen, with the winner probably having a worse record than us, so were talking a 4 seed at best and the runner up the 6 seed, leaving the colts as the 3. My second reason is simply my football instincts i guess, in the fact that i aint scarred to see us play anyone in the AFC and not come out on top, with the exception of the sheriff and the cheaters. And truthfully i think if we win one of those two games we are looking at an easy 2 seed. Now if we were to make it to the superbowl, well thats a whole another story cause theirs a few teams in the NFC i aint looking to play for the all the marbles ya know.

yes, yes i do. I'd be shocked if we are not the 3 seed this year.

They could, but that would be due to the awful afc south the Colts are in. If the Colts played in the North or West their chances of a 3 seed would be nil.

They could, but that would be due to the awful afc south the Colts are in. If the Colts played in the North or West their chances of a 3 seed would be nil.

I'll give you the west, but the north? no way, realistically the winner of that division is probably only going to take it by a game or so, I'd take my chances their, but then again that'd mean somebody else is gotta play in the south and get the 3, lol  ..also by that reasoning if you put the pats in the north you still going to give them the 2 spot, cause the east is pretty cupcake to ya know 

I'll give you the west, but the north? no way, realistically the winner of that division is probably only going to take it by a game or so, I'd take my chances their, but then again that'd mean somebody else is gotta play in the south and get the 3, lol  ..also by that reasoning if you put the pats in the north you still going to give them the 2 spot, cause the east is pretty cupcake to ya know

Just not sure why colts fans are so confident the team is better than teams like the chargers and bengals....two teams that beat the colts easily last yr. Granted, this is a new season, but I'm still not overly impressed with the colts roster.

Granted it's early but honestly I could see the Colts winning either the North or West.  It wouldn't be easy and sure, there's definitely the chance they could come in 2nd but I definitely disagree that their chances would be nil.

We have shown that when healthy that we can beat the best teams in the NFL, that makes us true contenders, and we got better during the offseason. National media, NFL writers etc don't consider us a real force in the NFL despite the fact that we've proven that we can beat the best of the best.

Yes, we beat the best of the best, and lost mightily to contenders and pretenders alike.  We are inconsistent. To wit in last 2 seasons-  Lost 41-21 to Bears, Lost 59-24 to Patriots, Lost 38-8 to Rams, Lost 40-11 to Cardinals, Lost 42-28 to Bengals, and  Lost 43-22 to Patriots again.

Yes, We have the bad to go with the good.  There's plenty of room to get better.  But we do have a good upside.

Yes, we beat the best of the best, and lost mightily to contenders and pretenders alike.  We are inconsistent. To wit in last 2 seasons-  Lost 41-21 to Bears, Lost 59-24 to Patriots, Lost 38-8 to Rams, Lost 40-11 to Cardinals, Lost 42-28 to Bengals, and  Lost 43-22 to Patriots again.

Yes, We have the bad to go with the good.  There's plenty of room to get better.  But we do have a good upside.

I'm not saying we're perfect by any means, we do need to get more consistent, but I just think that we've shown enough and done enough over the past two years for people to consider us true contenders.

1.) Broncos

2.) Patriots

3.) Pittsburg Steelers

4.) San Diego Chargers

5.) Baltimore Ravens

6.) Indianapolis Colts.

This is tough.. They obviously do not believe the Colts are for real. It's quoted somewhere on the page that they have "significant short comings outside of Andrew Luck."

I believe we should be #3 or #4. Could be a little biased but no way Chargers,Steelers,and Ravens all ahead of us.... No way

After Saturday night's game vs the Saints, I'd say about half this forum would have us ranked even lower.

Just not sure why colts fans are so confident the team is better than teams like the chargers and bengals....two teams that beat the colts easily last yr. Granted, this is a new season, but I'm still not overly impressed with the colts roster.

Mostly because even with our un-impressive roster and missing 8 starters to IR we still managed to be one game shy of the AFC title game...

I think we are 3rd or 4th in the AFC. Could be 1st or 2nd once we get the o-line figured out we have the talent everywhere else. The good thing about it is the Pats and Broncos are about to be on there way down once Brady and Manning go to a nursing home.  

*Colts fans we have a bright future ahead of us just hold on tight. I think when it all said and done we will get more than just one from Luck.

Mostly because even with our un-impressive roster and missing 8 starters to IR we still managed to be one game shy of the AFC title game...

One and done in the afc isn't that impressive....especially when they needed an all time great comeback to beat a KC team that wasn't playing well down the stretch of the season.

I think we are 3rd or 4th in the AFC. Could be 1st or 2nd once we get the o-line figured out we have the talent everywhere else. The good thing about it is the Pats and Broncos are about to be on there way down once Brady and Manning go to a nursing home.  

*Colts fans we have a bright future ahead of us just hold on tight. I think when it all said and done we will get more than just one from Luck.

You must not have caught what New Orleans was doing to us with their first and second string.

I think the problem with these things is that the media is always looking at what you did last year, and even then its a very superficial glance. They don't get deep into the training camp moves a team makes or the position battles.  They take highlight topics like T-rich's yac and such and say well this is who a team is.  Myself, as a colts fan but also a football fan, i don't think we are any lower than 3rd in the AFC. I come to this conclusion for two reasons, one is division status/ potential seeding , the Chargers are not going to win their division, so at best they are 5th, and that's based on the assumption that Rivers is going to play well, and in my opinion that's iffy, and then you have the north, where the ravens, bengals and steelers are going to beat up on each other,this will happen, with the winner probably having a worse record than us, so were talking a 4 seed at best and the runner up the 6 seed, leaving the colts as the 3. My second reason is simply my football instincts i guess, in the fact that i aint scarred to see us play anyone in the AFC and not come out on top, with the exception of the sheriff and the cheaters. And truthfully i think if we win one of those two games we are looking at an easy 2 seed. Now if we were to make it to the superbowl, well thats a whole another story cause theirs a few teams in the NFC i aint looking to play for the all the marbles ya know.

They at best could just name only about a third of our team. So it means nothing. 

I have no idea why anyone would get worked up over this.  First off, their opinion of where the Colts rank is not unreasonable at all.  You can make valid cases for why others are in front of them.  Second, and most importantly - who freaking cares?  This will get settled on the field.

They at best could just name only about a third of our team. So it means nothing. 

You want to say that it means nothing - no argument from me.  See post above.  But the suggestion that it is only because they don't know the Colts roster is just simply not accurate.  It just might be - gasp - that they don't think the Colts are as good as we do.  Oh the humanity!

The Bernard/BJGE duo is a good running back tandem. Its not just AJ, Dalton has Marvin Jones and Eifert, too. Sanu isn't too terrible either. I feel like that offense will be fine.

Also, the defense still looks stout. I wouldn't call them "non-contenders". I'd be willing to bet they'll be in the playoffs this year.

TE Jermain Gresham too, if he can stay healthy

Mmhmmm Chargers always knock the snot out of the Colts..... I pray to the football gods that the Colts do NOT meet up with them in the post season.. They are a true nemesis of the Colts.

This will iron itself out on the field.

Yes WH. Talk is cheap. Let's buckle our chinstrap & settle this on the field. 

Meh no big deal, They don't decide the Colts fate, Let the team have there own say on where they will rank when its all said and done

Right on Gavin. Nobody ever wins anything on paper before 1 regular season game has even been played yet. 

The Steelers and ravens blow.... that's very stupid.

Don't you mean inhale Gabriel? Only teasing. Blow=Cocaine. Inhale=Marijuana. [RBs Bell & Blount joke.]

The Steelers!? LOL 

Their QB is busy in the bathroom, and their RB's are high as a kite. 

Going right for the jugular on that one Lollygager. Way to rip that band aid right off.  haha  That takes a pair of steel ones. You know what I'm saying. Ha! Ha! 

I do feel bad for HC Mike Tomlin though a good man who doesn't deserve this dark cloud on his watch or under his leadership tenure. 

Mmhmmm Chargers always knock the snot out of the Colts..... I pray to the football gods that the Colts do NOT meet up with them in the post season.. They are a true nemesis of the Colts.

Amen to that M-432. San Diego has always been INDY's kryptonite. They always make me nervous when games really matter. 

1.) Broncos

2.) Patriots

3.) Pittsburg Steelers

4.) San Diego Chargers

5.) Baltimore Ravens

6.) Indianapolis Colts.

Top 5 in the AFC, in no particular order: Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Chargers, and Bengals.

Steelers and Ravens don't deserve to be on that list. 

You must not have caught what New Orleans was doing to us with their first and second string

I'm not sure if you have paid attention but the last 20 years we have sucked in preseason. Regular season we have won more games than any NFL team in the last decade. So to answer your question yes I did watch the game but that does not make me change my mind on how we rank in the AFC.