Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kris Adams

Dudley Smith

Whatever happened to Kris Adams? He was getting playing time earlier in the season and then sort of disappeared. I thought he was very raw, but that he could develop into a solid WR given the playing time/coaching. He was probably the one tall receiver we had, so he offered a little variety out there for the Colts. Was he hurt and I missed it?

I hope the Colts continue to develop him. I don't think he will ever be a star but I think he could turn out to a decent receiver for us if he only is given the opportunity.

Hmm. That's what I didn't want to hear. Not that he was a world-beater by any means, but just seemed like he had potential.

I think it was a combination of his hands and route running not being very polished. Probably more importantly, since he was the fifth WR, he really had to be valuable on STs and didn't show it.

Apparently they still think he has potential though, he's listed as being on the PS. WR is one position where we have some depth, with Whalen and even Collie possibly making the team next season. I think Averyis gone.

I think it was a combination of his hands and route running not being very polished. Probably more importantly, since he was the fifth WR, he really had to be valuable on STs and didn't show it.

Apparently they still think he has potential though, he's listed as being on the PS. WR is one position where we have some depth, with Whalen and even Collie possibly making the team next season. I think Averyis gone.

Yeah, I noticed early on that he seemed to have trouble getting separation from defenders on his routes. But the guy is tall and is fast, which are two things you can't teach. Route running you can. But you are right about the STs, and that is probably why he sort of faded out. I am glad he is still on the practice squad and hope he can show something to the coaches.

Adams was cut from the active roster early in the season after and I can't remember what game it was, but he completely gave up on a pass that was thrown to him because he didn't think he could make the play, but if he would have kept running hard, it appeared like he could have easily made a play on it. After that happened, Adams was taken out of the game and cut afterwards. He was later added to the PS.

Adams was cut from the active roster early in the season after and I can't remember what game it was, but he completely gave up on a pass that was thrown to him because he didn't think he could make the play, but if he would have kept running hard, it appeared like he could have easily made a play on it. After that happened, Adams was taken out of the game and cut afterwards. He was later added to the PS.

This is also what I remember happening.

I noticed he is listed as being on PS but I don't get how that is possible as the PS dissolves at the end of the season (after the last loss). The PS members are usually signed to future contracts. The fact that he was not signed tells me that he is either cut or not in the long term plans, at least as of now.   

Edit. I just looked up and Colts have signed 3 more to future contracts: Alvester Alexander, Kileeen and O linemen Ziemba. Adams is still on PS, maybe they have not made up their mind about him. 

Yeah, I noticed early on that he seemed to have trouble getting separation from defenders on his routes. But the guy is tall and is fast, which are two things you can't teach. Route running you can. But you are right about the STs, and that is probably why he sort of faded out. I am glad he is still on the practice squad and hope he can show something to the coaches.

Part of it was injuries to the OL. It was a numbers game with injuries to the OL that made him expendable. After the injuries the Colts added a cb and another wr. He was then added to the ps for development. His route running was bad. Hope ps has improved that area for him.

It was the 1st Jags game. Our only home loss of the season

Adams has potential.

But we honestly didn't need another receiver on the active roster with guys like Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil.

I honestly don't see him staying next year.

we need some size at wr, but we also needs wr's with size that wont quit on routes

we need some size at wr, but we also needs wr's with size that wont quit on routes

I wish we had more big WRs.

Fact is, that is not BAs typical WR. He likes small WRs that can move down the field quickly. 

I like the WRs that we have now in Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil. They did drop passes but that will happen with new teammates. Avery and Hilton almost got 1,000 yards each.

I wish we had more big WRs.

Fact is, that is not BAs typical WR. He likes small WRs that can move down the field quickly. 

I like the WRs that we have now in Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil. They did drop passes but that will happen with new teammates. Avery and Hilton almost got 1,000 yards each.

I like them both but we need a tall redzone target to