•  

Photo

Kris Adams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Dudley Smith

Dudley Smith
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Whatever happened to Kris Adams? He was getting playing time earlier in the season and then sort of disappeared. I thought he was very raw, but that he could develop into a solid WR given the playing time/coaching. He was probably the one tall receiver we had, so he offered a little variety out there for the Colts. Was he hurt and I missed it?

I hope the Colts continue to develop him. I don't think he will ever be a star but I think he could turn out to a decent receiver for us if he only is given the opportunity.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4680 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I liked him as well. I think he was cut, though...
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#3 Dudley Smith

Dudley Smith
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I liked him as well. I think he was cut, though...

Hmm. That's what I didn't want to hear. Not that he was a world-beater by any means, but just seemed like he had potential.

#4 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6304 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hmm. That's what I didn't want to hear. Not that he was a world-beater by any means, but just seemed like he had potential.

I think it was a combination of his hands and route running not being very polished. Probably more importantly, since he was the fifth WR, he really had to be valuable on STs and didn't show it.

Apparently they still think he has potential though, he's listed as being on the PS. WR is one position where we have some depth, with Whalen and even Collie possibly making the team next season. I think Averyis gone.

#5 Dudley Smith

Dudley Smith
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think it was a combination of his hands and route running not being very polished. Probably more importantly, since he was the fifth WR, he really had to be valuable on STs and didn't show it.

Apparently they still think he has potential though, he's listed as being on the PS. WR is one position where we have some depth, with Whalen and even Collie possibly making the team next season. I think Averyis gone.

Yeah, I noticed early on that he seemed to have trouble getting separation from defenders on his routes. But the guy is tall and is fast, which are two things you can't teach. Route running you can. But you are right about the STs, and that is probably why he sort of faded out. I am glad he is still on the practice squad and hope he can show something to the coaches.

#6 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3467 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Maybe they will work with him on the practice squad and get his routes down better. It sure would be nice to have a bigger target to catch jump balls, since we refuse to use Fleener for that. :(

#7 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Adams was cut from the active roster early in the season after and I can't remember what game it was, but he completely gave up on a pass that was thrown to him because he didn't think he could make the play, but if he would have kept running hard, it appeared like he could have easily made a play on it. After that happened, Adams was taken out of the game and cut afterwards. He was later added to the PS.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#8 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Adams was cut from the active roster early in the season after and I can't remember what game it was, but he completely gave up on a pass that was thrown to him because he didn't think he could make the play, but if he would have kept running hard, it appeared like he could have easily made a play on it. After that happened, Adams was taken out of the game and cut afterwards. He was later added to the PS.

This is also what I remember happening.

#9 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11358 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

He needs to develop a little more

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#10 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9031 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

We had a few WR's that a lot of people on here wanted to keep.

Kris Adams

Palmer

Sambrao (Spellcheck)

& Jeremy Ross

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#11 RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I noticed he is listed as being on PS but I don't get how that is possible as the PS dissolves at the end of the season (after the last loss). The PS members are usually signed to future contracts. The fact that he was not signed tells me that he is either cut or not in the long term plans, at least as of now.   

Edit. I just looked up and Colts have signed 3 more to future contracts: Alvester Alexander, Kileeen and O linemen Ziemba. Adams is still on PS, maybe they have not made up their mind about him. 

#12 ColtsLegacy

ColtsLegacy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

• 1364 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

He sucked, so we cut him. The end.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here. - Michael Scott

#13 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1363 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, I noticed early on that he seemed to have trouble getting separation from defenders on his routes. But the guy is tall and is fast, which are two things you can't teach. Route running you can. But you are right about the STs, and that is probably why he sort of faded out. I am glad he is still on the practice squad and hope he can show something to the coaches.

Part of it was injuries to the OL. It was a numbers game with injuries to the OL that made him expendable. After the injuries the Colts added a cb and another wr. He was then added to the ps for development. His route running was bad. Hope ps has improved that area for him.

#14 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Adams is still on PS, maybe they have not made up their mind about him. 

Yeah, looked kinda funny him being all alone on the PS list...

#15 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2265 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

The title of this thread to me is this... Why the offseason is long and boring. Or, An inside look into the preseason.

"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#16 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5816 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

he is not good. we should not keep him

#17 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2554 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I agree that he just didn`t have much going other than size and speed.
He had the BALL SKILLS of C Vaughn! There has to be someone better to invest in. JMO

#18 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1769 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

He looked decent in the preseason, but was know to have a case of the drops during camp. He also gave up on a route in one game.

I agree with those who think he has potential, but he'll probably get lost in the competition come next training camp IF he's even there.

#19 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2468 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I miss Austin :(
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#20 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16331 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I had high hopes for Adams and then he quit on that route, I even said he could be pretty good before the season started, doubt he is around long

#21 HireBruceArians

HireBruceArians
  • 1482 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

It was the 1st Jags game. Our only home loss of the season

#22 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Adams has potential.

But we honestly didn't need another receiver on the active roster with guys like Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil.

I honestly don't see him staying next year.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#23 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16331 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Adams has potential.

But we honestly didn't need another receiver on the active roster with guys like Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil.

I honestly don't see him staying next year.

we need some size at wr, but we also needs wr's with size that wont quit on routes

#24 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

we need some size at wr, but we also needs wr's with size that wont quit on routes

I wish we had more big WRs.

Fact is, that is not BAs typical WR. He likes small WRs that can move down the field quickly. 

I like the WRs that we have now in Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil. They did drop passes but that will happen with new teammates. Avery and Hilton almost got 1,000 yards each.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#25 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16331 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I wish we had more big WRs.

Fact is, that is not BAs typical WR. He likes small WRs that can move down the field quickly. 

I like the WRs that we have now in Wayne, Avery, Hilton, and Brazil. They did drop passes but that will happen with new teammates. Avery and Hilton almost got 1,000 yards each.

I like them both but we need a tall redzone target to

#26 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2265 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

It just occurred to I had a boss named Chris Adams.. stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#27 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I like them both but we need a tall redzone target to

I would hope that was why we got Fleener and Allen.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates