Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins Game is a Good Glimpse of Our Season...

Smonroe

... against the better teams.

No one is going to fear our run game. They'll put a lot of pressure on Luck. The Colts will have to max protect. We'll be playing from behind - a lot.

I love our potential and I'm looking forward to watching this young team develop.

Eight wins would be a great season.

OR

I could be completely wrong. Pagano may unleash the Tight End offense. Our second round draft pick may even make an appearance.

Opinions?

I agree that no one is going to respect our run game. We're going to get blitzed and blitzed and then blitzed some more because Luck is a rookie and every team will want to pressure him. There will be absolutely no respect for our run game.

This is why I say 6-10 is what I see.

Fleener saw sometime I know this because he dropped a dump off pass. For whatever reason he just doesn't look comfortable out there right now at all which isn't shocking for a rookie it's not helping him that Allen and Luck are looking like studs for rookies so far so him looking like a rookie looks bad in comparison.

I think we are going to see two common complaints this season:

Tackling on defense

O-line play in general.

Fleener saw sometime I know this because he dropped a dump off pass. For whatever reason he just doesn't look comfortable out there right now at all which isn't shocking for a rookie it's not helping him that Allen and Luck are looking like studs for rookies so far so him looking like a rookie looks bad in comparison.

Tackling on defense

O-line play in general.

I thought the same on the Fleener drop. I was told that it was tipped before it got to him - wasn't

completely on him.

Tackling on defense

O-line play in general.

I think the Fleener drop was tipped, so it may not be on him. But that was the only time he was targeted, right?

I'm wondering if we're saving the TE throws until the Bears game.

I think the Fleener drop was tipped, so it may not be on him. But that was the only time he was targeted, right?

I'm wondering if we're saving the TE throws until the Bears game.

Didn't see it that closely Sorgi said it was thrown a little bit behind him and seemed to think it should have been caught so take that for what it's worth. With that said I wasn't so much going after Fleener for that I was just answering the guy who was asking if Fleener was out there and that was a play I can remember of him getting out there at least.

Still other than when he was going down the field against the Steelers Fleener just doesn't look comfortable out there yet which again isn't a reason to panic yet. He's a rookie and looks like one. Like I said if Luck and Allen didn't look ahead of the curve I don't really think we would notice it that much.

On the plus side I really like what we are seeing from Freeman at MLB. I think he can hold down the fort till Angerer gets back and I think Adams and Whalen are going to be playing for a roster spot. I say Adams because he is the one that comes in when of the starters goes out and has gotten some reps with Luck and has caught some passes from Luck. That tells me he's a head on the depth chart for now however Whalen might have changed that after his last two outings. I really think when need to give him a serious look.

Didn't see it that closely Sorgi said it was thrown a little bit behind him and seemed to think it should have been caught so take that for what it's worth. With that said I wasn't so much going after Fleener for that I was just answering the guy who was asking if Fleener was out there and that was a play I can remember of him getting out there at least.

Still other than when he was going down the field against the Steelers Fleener just doesn't look comfortable out there yet which again isn't a reason to panic yet. He's a rookie and looks like one. Like I said if Luck and Allen didn't look ahead of the curve I don't really think we would notice it that much.

On the plus side I really like what we are seeing from Freeman at MLB. I think he can hold down the fort till Angerer gets back and I think Adams and Whalen are going to be playing for a roster spot. I say Adams because he is the one that comes in when of the starters goes out and has gotten some reps with Luck and has caught some passes from Luck. That tells me he's a head on the depth chart for now however Whalen might have changed that after his last two outings. I really think when need to give him a serious look.

Agree with all that. I don't know if we can hide Whalen on the PS, he has some name recognition. Does he play "bigger" than he is, or is it just because he's wearing a number that I associate with a TE?

Adams is a bit raw, definitely worth putting on the PS.

I feel the Colts will be real good this year. Remember Colts fans the Colts got more information on who will be cut and who will not. All this game showed was were the back up players who tryin to make the team are at. I believe the Redskins were tryin to win the gm. More than actually evaluating there players in my opinion.The first team on both sides did pretty o.k. The score 14-7 at half-time not bad A.Luck had a good ball gm. Even though they got pressure listen folks the Redskins have one of the best defenses in the league they defense can get to anybody. And i personally think they have a better defense all around than the Steelers D.fense anyway. They the experts overrated those D.fenses in the AFC North every year. We going to see how good they are this year because they play the NFC East so u see. The Colts will be good trust in the blue.

I feel the Colts will be real good this year. Remember Colts fans the Colts got more information on who will be cut and who will not. All this game showed was were the back up players who tryin to make the team are at. I believe the Redskins were tryin to win the gm. More than actually evaluating there players in my opinion.The first team on both sides did pretty o.k. The score 14-7 at half-time not bad A.Luck had a good ball gm. Even though they got pressure listen folks the Redskins have one of the best defenses in the league they defense can get to anybody. And i personally think they have a better defense all around than the Steelers D.fense anyway. They the experts overrated those D.fenses in the AFC North every year. We going to see how good they are this year because they play the NFC East so u see. The Colts will be good trust in the blue.

Howcome you always type in bog font and blue?

Also we had some key players who did not play today. Collie, Mathis, Redding, Angerer etc.. .So you do understand that the Colts was not at full strength and Avery was getting his first start. He is not a garaunteed to start along side Wayne/Collie anyway this just gave a idea what he brings to the table i think he's o,k. Now the fans also saw how important and how good Austin Collie really is on are offense production. And on defense how good Mathis is an his impact on the defense. I think if i was Bruce Arians and Coach. Pagano i would put T.Y. Hilton as the starting slot receiver with Wayne/ Collie as the starting receivers. And i would put Lavon Brazil to back up Wayne and have Whalen back up Collie. Of course Fleener/ Allen are automatic starters and RB's i would have Brown,Ballard,and Carter. Avery needs more time to jell with the rest of the offense so i would use him hear and there in the reg. season until he improves to the point where he shows he should be a starter i think the other receivers are ahead of him at this point.

I think we'll be ok. This was not a good game however and it happens sometimes. We need more talent on defense along with better execution.

Haven't rewatched the game yet, but it seemed pretty obvious that we overplayed their counters, we tackled poorly (or not at all), and we got caught in some bad play calls (Griffin's touchdown to Moss, for instance; slot blitz left him alone, and the play sent him to the outside, away from the coverage). Definitely an execution issue on several plays. Freeney is obviously committed to playing the run, but he over pursues often, whether from a two-point stance or a three-point stance. We also were without three starters on defense (Mathis, Redding, Angerer).

I personally think people are overreacting. I really liked how we played in the first preseason game, but didn't think that was an indication of how our season would look. I don't necessarily think this is either. I think we obviously have some work to do. Our defense needs more time on the field. Our offensive line has holes (didn't we all know that?) I feel just as good now as I did a week ago, or three weeks ago. I might have felt more positive if we'd dominated the first half, but even though we didn't, we still did some positive things.

I just don't think this is the end of the world. I still think we're a 5-7 win team, barring injury.

Howcome you always type in bog font and blue?

Because that let's everybody (fans) know it's Lucky again. With his big words and because my words are big and truthful u see as the season goes on that Lucky knows his football. The Colts will be 11-5 or 10-6 in reg. season with the #5 seed playoff spot. I also believe they are going to have a lot of early leads on teams and put them in diffucult situations.

Haven't rewatched the game yet, but it seemed pretty obvious that we overplayed their counters, we tackled poorly (or not at all), and we got caught in some bad play calls (Griffin's touchdown to Moss, for instance; slot blitz left him alone, and the play sent him to the outside, away from the coverage). Definitely an execution issue on several plays. Freeney is obviously committed to playing the run, but he over pursues often, whether from a two-point stance or a three-point stance. We also were without three starters on defense (Mathis, Redding, Angerer).

I personally think people are overreacting. I really liked how we played in the first preseason game, but didn't think that was an indication of how our season would look. I don't necessarily think this is either. I think we obviously have some work to do. Our defense needs more time on the field. Our offensive line has holes (didn't we all know that?) I feel just as good now as I did a week ago, or three weeks ago. I might have felt more positive if we'd dominated the first half, but even though we didn't, we still did some positive things.

I just don't think this is the end of the world. I still think we're a 5-7 win team, barring injury.

Yes, 5-7 wins would be a good season. But I think there are a lot of people who seem to believe we're a lot better than that.

Improve on the fundamentals, protect Luck. That's all I ask for this year.

Because that let's everybody (fans) know it's Lucky again. With his big words and because my words are big and truthful u see as the season goes on that Lucky knows his football. The Colts will be 11-5 or 10-6 in reg. season with the #5 seed playoff spot. I also believe they are going to have a lot of early leads on teams and put them in diffucult situations.

It's annoying.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic... heehe......

Wow, Luck. You kick major hindquarters in confidence! 10-6...who do you see us losing to? I'm still happy with 5 wins as of today.

We played an NFC East team today. You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run if you're going to win against ANY NFC East team. We got blown up a bit - exposed, but things can ne fixed with film and good coaching - and i fully trust this coaching staff.

This is the thread I wanted.

This game will put the overly optimistic fans in their place. The Colts are 8-8 at best, if they're lucky.

Don't be surprised if they lose like this next week too against the Bengals.

I live and breath Colts, but we have to be realistic. This team will be great in 3 to 4 years, but don't expect much now or in the next couple of years.

lol okay. Nothin wrong with being overly optimistic I guess.

Good question about the gms i see the Colts losing not that many that any normal fan would expect. Well i tell u this NJColts i tell u the gms. That Colts have the best chance or more likely to lose. Hear is the list of gms. they more than likely to lose. Bears, (1) of the gms against Texans they too good, Packers, Lions, and Patriots. That's 5 gms. The other are all in my opinion winnable gms. I also think the Colts could upset New England and Green Bay due to there suspect defenses. The Colts could possibly with a little defensive help match those 2 teams point for point. This is my opinion and noone elses and i really believe they will win 10 or 11gms.

Do not get ahead of yourselfs Colts fans the things that happen to the Colts is fixable. RG3 did not impress me, but that rookie running back of the Redskins did he won the gm. for them. He average at least 7yrds. per run i watch the gm. But that is fixable just need to make sure we stop the run this year which is what this 3-4 defense is built for. Shanahan is a master at developing running backs and always had a team with a very good running gm. Colts will correct those mistakes good they the Redskins gave them a wake up call in the pre season gm.

This game will put the overly optimistic fans in their place. The Colts are 8-8 at best, if they're lucky.

I live and breath Colts, but we have to be realistic. This team will be great in 3 to 4 years, but don't expect much now or in the next couple of years.

That game is more about figuring out who makes third string and who gets cut. It's usually the ugliest, worst played game of the preseason. Almost unwatchable.

The fans are the real losers in the last week of the preseason.

I agree. Hopefully this game brought everyone back down to earth. It is not going to be nearly as easy as many seem to think.

i think people have grown too accustom to seeing the colts be a top team...I think people are embracing a false sense of hope regarding this team and are looking for instant success without...good free-agent acquisitions, good drafting, and player development. It will take some time to right the ship but i feel like this team is heading in the right direction. I watched Cincy's pre-season game and Marvin Lewis said something similar that the coaches and GM have said since riding into town. We needed to get bigger, younger and more talented. We have a hybrid scheme with some pieces that might stick around until it fully transitions but its going to take some time. People look at the Texans and say they made the transition so easy. Folks the Texans have been drafting in the top half of the draft for along time...there no doubt that there's talent on that team because of that factor alone. Getting that talent to come together for the collective good of the team is the challenge. This team will be ok.

I agree. Hopefully this game brought everyone back down to earth. It is not going to be nearly as easy as many seem to think.

We got brought back down to earth a little tonight ourselves. However, Schaub is straight up ballin'.

Yep, guy looked fantastic. That defense/special teams had me shaking my head, literally.

Trindon may have hurt his chances to make the team, but he may have redeemed himself on that one return.

And I was SMH that we had Bradie James on Jimmy Friggin' Graham. That's never good.

And KJ still needs to turn his head around, omg.

Trindon may have hurt his chances to make the team, but he may have redeemed himself on that one return.

And I was SMH that we had Bradie James on Jimmy Friggin' Graham. That's never good.

And KJ still needs to turn his head around, omg.

Awww man don't even get me started on KJ. And that Jimmy Graham TD was just obvious from the start. LBs covering the best TEs in the game=no bueno. Trindon upset me with his fumble but he probably made up for it. As long as he continues to be a threat in the return game he'll be here. I'd rather have him than Forsett, we already have two great runningbacks, might as well keep someone who can actually contribute in special teams.

Awww man don't even get me started on KJ. And that Jimmy Graham TD was just obvious from the start. LBs covering the best TEs in the game=no bueno. Trindon upset me with his fumble but he probably made up for it. As long as he continues to be a threat in the return game he'll be here. I'd rather have him than Forsett, we already have two great runningbacks, might as well keep someone who can actually contribute in special teams.

It wasn't like he was covering him across the middle. He went DOWNFIELD with him. What the? Isn't that what the safety is for? I didn't even know what was going on.

And we have to have Forsett, he's a good RB plus if Tate or Foster goes down we have to have a replacement. If Trindon makes the team, a WR will be cut so he can have a spot. My guess is Maehl (sp?).

Also, lol @ the two Texans fans on the board hijacking the thread. :D

It wasn't like he was covering him across the middle. He went DOWNFIELD with him. What the? Isn't that what the safety is for? I didn't even know what was going on.

And we have to have Forsett, he's a good RB plus if Tate or Foster goes down we have to have a replacement. If Trindon makes the team, a WR will be cut so he can have a spot. My guess is Maehl (sp?).

Also, lol @ the two Texans fans on the board hijacking the thread. :D

I think Wade was just trying to be creative, or testing things out. Or maybe somebody blew coverage, though it's not like Manning to do that. You're right. Forsett's good, I don't know much about Maehl but we're still kinda thin at receiver, though Lestar and Martin are definitely rising stars. That first touchdown had me giddy hahaha.

And yes, this thread has been officially hijacked. We're holding it hostage for the moment, at least until we finish our discussion lol. haha