Josh Gordy to the Indianapolis Colts for an undisclosed pick

spoonfish

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Scouts, Inc

"Gordy has clean, quick footwork. He can be quick in transition and can drive on balls thrown in front of him with a decent burst to close. He looks a little tight in the hips when opening to run with receivers deep, and he lacks an extra gear to catch up when receivers gain a step on him. He shows good ball skills and will get elevation to high point the ball."

I suppose it could be for the following year, right? I don't know.

The conditional part means he probably at least has to make the team, and probably has to at least be on the active roster for a certain amount of time....or something like that.

Apparently the Rams thought they were deep at CB. This is from the Turf Show Times, a Rams blog:

"In training camp and the preseason this year, Gordy was part of a group of players vying for time in the third and fourth spots on the depth chart. With Bradley Fletcher injured, Gordy even got some work with the starters in the nickel package as the third corner."

It goes on to say that Fisher felt back in June that he had enough depth to trade a guy. Sure didn't look that way when we played them.

I hate that we keep giving up draft picks for players that more then likely wont be around for long. we are rebuilding this team for the long haul, and many pieces are needed to do that. Its not like we are going for one last grasp before falling apart. These draft picks will be missed.

Apparently the Rams thought they were deep at CB. This is from the Turf Show Times, a Rams blog:

"In training camp and the preseason this year, Gordy was part of a group of players vying for time in the third and fourth spots on the depth chart. With Bradley Fletcher injured, Gordy even got some work with the starters in the nickel package as the third corner."

It goes on to say that Fisher felt back in June that he had enough depth to trade a guy. Sure didn't look that way when we played them.

Oh, so he was brought in to boost Luck's confidence.

Never heard of him... We just keep shipping out late round draft picks lol.

It'll be interesting to see if any of Grigson's trades work out. He's definitely more active than I thought he'd be.

First trades with Eagles, now Rams.... I'm looking for a trade with the Steelers next week, Redskins, then Bengals. lol

He was the starting nickelback for the Rams this preseason behind Finnegan and Jenkins. He played in 14 games last year with the rams starting 9 games ended the season with 53 tackles, 5 pass defensed and 3 interceptions. So I see a potential #2 if he beat out King but a for sure nickelback in my eyes I guess

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/rams-trade-gordy-to-colts/article_535e016c-ebfd-11e1-a10c-0019bb30f31a.html

I hate that we keep giving up draft picks for players that more then likely wont be around for long. we are rebuilding this team for the long haul, and many pieces are needed to do that. Its not like we are going for one last grasp before falling apart. These draft picks will be missed.

Something we failed to recognize a couple of years ago. :)

jk

It'll be interesting to see if any of Grigson's trades work out. He's definitely more active than I thought he'd be.

First trades with Eagles, now Rams.... I'm looking for a trade with the Steelers next week, Redskins, then Bengals. lol

Yeah, but they've all been 'Money Ball' types of moves. Not jumping on the big FA, just little trade ups whenever and wherever he can make them.

There was a lot of missed tackles by our CBs in that Steelers game, I don't know if this kid is any better, but I love how he's trying to address a glaring weakness on the team.

Yeah, but they've all been 'Money Ball' types of moves. Not jumping on the big FA, just little trade ups whenever and wherever he can make them.

There was a lot of missed tackles by our CBs in that Steelers game, I don't know if this kid is any better, but I love how he's trying to address a glaring weakness on the team.

I have no problem with it either. Just find it funny.

I look at it this way we got a young cb(25) with 9 games of starters experience for a late draft pick(has to be our 6th round pick we got with Winston justice) so we basically drafted a cb with some experience starting which is better than any 6th round cb you will find in the draft. Hit or miss move by Grigson but that's what 6th round picks are so at least he has some experience and is just 25

I look at it this way we got a young cb(25) with 9 games of starters experience for a late draft pick(has to be our 6th round pick we got with Winston justice) so we basically drafted a cb with some experience starting which is better than any 6th round cb you will find in the draft. Hit or miss move by Grigson but that's what 6th round picks are so at least he has some experience and is just 25

Scratch that 6th round pick stuff it's a pick in 2014.probably still a 6th or 7th round pick so I don't really care right now in 2012 lol. Hope he can produce at nickelback and get some production to start of with