Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think he likes Denver so far......

subvet

I wonder if Ashley is going to get too used to it that if he does decide to get one of his own that maybe smaller, it might be a jolt!!! :)

Kids, oh well, they are survivors, better troopers than the adults give them credit for!!! They just need simple things to keep them happy. :)

I just cannot fathom, as an average Joe, the lavish lifestyle of someone that makes as much money as Peyton or other stars do, and sometimes feel it can be excessive. That is the most I want to say about it here without coming off as judgemental.

I read elsewhere that one of the main reasons he's staying there for the moment is that it has a built in film room with the computer system that NFL teams use already in place.

The house itself is a bit much, but I don't know how many kids & grandkids Shanahan has, maybe he wanted to be a hermit once he retires.

Stafford over Luck? No fricken way!

As far as rookie seasons go I believe Luck will have a better one than Stafford as Stafford missed most of the season. As far as overall That has yet to be seen but I will definately be pulling for Luck for 15 games this season. Luck got his TE from Stanford which will help. He'll need more WR. Wayne has about 2 yrs before he retires.

I read elsewhere that one of the main reasons he's staying there for the moment is that it has a built in film room with the computer system that NFL teams use already in place.

The house itself is a bit much, but I don't know how many kids & grandkids Shanahan has, maybe he wanted to be a hermit once he retires.

Yup, that sounds just like Peyton. Ashley tends to the kids & he gets engrossed in NFL opposing team dissection in the film room at home. Perhaps, Peyton feels he can change a few more diapers that way & give his wife a break once in awhile.

Guys we all know the real reason he chose Denver. So when 2012 actually does happen he can just go the underground airport and be safe from all the heck that is supposedly going to be happening

Oh, they cancelled the "end of the world" party. Nobody wanted to go......

I don't know how big the house he had in Indy was but I seriously doubt it was anything like this and I agree he took it for the film room. The rest is gravy for his family.

As far as size, it's not the monster his Denver house is. It's modest considering his net worth. He has multiple homes though.

It doenst sound like John Elway is going to be visiting Peyton there...

Sounds like he lost it in the divorce

They got the land from Elways wife, Shanahan had the house built so John probably doesn't have any emotional attachment to the trees and grass that would stop him from visiting.....

Let's just hope he doesn't like it too much, I could take him leaving but if he entered the HOF with them I'd be devastated. I fully expect the normal shabang, one day contract to retire a Colt and all.

Let's just hope he doesn't like it too much, I could take him leaving but if he entered the HOF with them I'd be devastated. I fully expect the normal shabang, one day contract to retire a Colt and all.

I agree 100% Dan. To me, Peyton Manning will always be a Colt too. HOF athletes like Peyton love NFL history & tradition & as a result, he will enter Canton, Ohio as the QB of the Indianapolis Colts. You always pay homage to the franchise that drafted you first IMO.

I agree 100% Dan. To me, Peyton Manning will always be a Colt too. HOF athletes like Peyton love NFL history & tradition & as a result, he will enter Canton, Ohio as the QB of the Indianapolis Colts. You always pay homage to the franchise that drafted you first IMO.

There is no doubt that he would go into the HOF as a Colt as of now, but that doesn't mean that he would retire a Colt. Sad to say it, but at his intro press conference he was asked if he was going to retire as a Denver Bronco, and he said yes. I prefer to take that as meaning "this is it - if it doesn't work out I'm going to retire", but it could also reflect such disappointment with the Colts that he has no interest in ye old one day contract. We will see.

I'd have to guess that if he can't make it back all the way and then calls it quits over the next year or two without having added to his legacy, he would be inclined to retire a Colt. If instead he wins a SB (or five) and goes out on top, it becomes a much more complicated question. Personally I'm rooting for the Super Bowls regardless of the consequences. Regardless nothing that happens can tarnish what he has accomplished as a Colt, and what he means to the franchise.

There is no doubt that he would go into the HOF as a Colt as of now, but that doesn't mean that he would retire a Colt. Sad to say it, but at his intro press conference he was asked if he was going to retire as a Denver Bronco, and he said yes. I prefer to take that as meaning "this is it - if it doesn't work out I'm going to retire", but it could also reflect such disappointment with the Colts that he has no interest in ye old one day contract. We will see.

I'd have to guess that if he can't make it back all the way and then calls it quits over the next year or two without having added to his legacy, he would be inclined to retire a Colt. If instead he wins a SB (or five) and goes out on top, it becomes a much more complicated question. Personally I'm rooting for the Super Bowls regardless of the consequences. Regardless nothing that happens can tarnish what he has accomplished as a Colt, and what he means to the franchise.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some grudge against the Colts. I wouldn't blame him either. Plus he wouldn't be the first of our HOF QBs that showed some disappointment with the team. Irsay's tend to do that to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some grudge against the Colts. I wouldn't blame him either. Plus he wouldn't be the first of our HOF QBs that showed some disappointment with the team. Irsay's tend to do that to them.

Sad but true. The "favorite Colt" thread has multiple references to Unitas's unwillingness to accept the team moving to Indy, but I would suspect that his unhappiness started with Joe Thomas rudely showing him the door - welcome to Baltimore Mr Irsay. Ughh.

Idk, that fresh mountain air does wonders to the mind and body, white christmas', small city, pine trees and aspens, some fresh rained on sage brush.. ah, pretty relaxing.

He will always have a link to Indy, but if he gets comfy in Denver, he may stay and help Elway.