Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden NFL 13 unveils 'huge' features

Ohio Colt

So they're completely removing single player (excluding individual games, one would assume)?

That's dumb. Maybe I don't want to have to set up a league to play a season of Madden football.

EDIT: Er, I guess they aren't, but that sentence in the first paragraph about never being able "to go back to the same old bland . . . single player mode" is a bit alarming.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has a whole new engine, the infinity engine. This IS NOT a roster update.

But last years game had a totally different engine, too, didnt it? I know the tackling system was vastly improved from what I saw in the demo, but even still, it lacked overall.

But last years game had a totally different engine, too, didnt it? I know the tackling system was vastly improved from what I saw in the demo, but even still, it lacked overall.

No they just added some more animations last year, improved the AI some, roster update, online franchise too.

Honestly, at this rate, in a few years they'll come out with a "revolutionary" new Madden game where they simplify everything - you'll be able to challenge any person, or the computer, to a game, and control any player on your team (as long as that player has the ball), and you can set up any kind of league you want (you just have to organize it with all those people you'll be playing against online). Ultimate flexibility - the only menu choices you need to figure out are "Start a Game" and "Settings," and you can probably get away without using "Settings," because, lets face it, you probably don't know how to use one of the video-computer playing doohickeys anyway.

A somewhat unrelated question.Since the Colts scrapped everything from last year, how will Madden 13 determine the new Colts Playbook?

They actually talk to every franchise. It amounts to a few differences in formations on the game and basically like about 12 to 15 unique team plays or 'wrinkles'

http://www.easports....-developer-blog

Thoughts?

I guarauntee we can dig this thread up in October or September and we will be able to say, 'boy, we got duped'.

EA is excellent at this. Every year it's "Feature A, B, C" (cookie cutter) and "This year's game is going to be so much better than ever before" and then we put in the game in our consoles and it doesn't play well out of the box, there are game-breaking glitches that need a patch, and the All Pro skill level is too easy and the All Madden skill level is too hard with no happy medium (sliders are just an excuse for them to send us a broken game, I have spent hours that i shouldn't have to trying to find a skill level that plays just right, realistic simulation football and I've never found it hours later. And I shouldn't have to do this. Give me a default that works like MLB the Show or NBA 2k12).

I would LOVE to be wrong on this. But I know I won't be. I've been duped for the last decade.

It does sound awesome though. They're going to sell a ton of copies as always.

Madden '03 was the best Madden. You can probably get it for 99 cents

Every year, the developers come out and say they have completely revolutionized the game, then after the game is released, many buyers are left disappointed.

I think trying to revolutionize the game is the problem. Like when they put a ton of emphasis on the defense or when they had that awful QB vision-cone. Then they tried to make you use Ask Madden every play with that awful hurry-up mode crap. Why would anyone want the computer to call their plays for them on any kind of a regular basis?

I think trying to revolutionize the game is the problem. Like when they put a ton of emphasis on the defense or when they had that awful QB vision-cone. Then they tried to make you use Ask Madden every play with that awful hurry-up mode crap. Why would anyone want the computer to call their plays for them on any kind of a regular basis?

I get that feeling too. They are so concerned with adding the "latest features that will change gaming forever" that they lose the important things. Instead of giving me an option for 50 different tattoos in Superstar mode, give me more options on things to do in general (eg. practice, night on the town, watch film, etc.)

First gameplay of Colts on Madden 13

[media=]

Madden did a pretty terrible job on Chuck Pagano. Looks nothing like him.

Already some bad AI. "this game has premier WR threat against Premier CB, a true marquee matchup" or something along those lines. Uhhhh who and who?

Then Helu runs the ball. "and here's a team built around this marquee RB"......uhhh?

im a major gamer i watched all the reviews and such for e3 and the onet hing they kept harping on is the rag doll type physics. other then that they say the game is exactly the same as last years. but if they added something then they took something away. to me and for years ive said i want more physical similarities to the game from real life. like sideline catches, one handed grabs, etc. but they have yet to do this in the madden game.

I am still waiting for Madden to add in the practice squad. It is such a minor thing but would add more realism. Its kind of annoying when I have to deal with injuries and i cannot bring up a practice squad player and have to sign some free agents to play. Maybe I am the only 1 but I think Madden needs practice squad players. I don't know though I may have to wait until 2K makes another football game to see that happen.

The guy controlling the Colts on the vid ManningtoCollie posted up really sucks on offense. Only two passes with Luck and both picks. Hope 12 isn't that bad in the game. I would like to see more of our simulated offense with a competent player controlling them. The simulated defense with it's new playbook scheme didn't perform too badly though. lol

This looks great, but as usual...EA fails to keep up with the little things like accessories. Andrew Luck will look like the video for the most part...except missing the knee brace he's worn throughout college. Don't see why it's so hard to keep things like that up to date. Here's hoping for Knee Braces in Madden 14.

7361527538_db3f30c50a.jpg

10 minutes of play and we get a total of 2 Colts offensive plays and both result in ints. Fun.

that guy playing with the Colts was terrible...and he was playing against the gameplay designer for the game. Either way, maybe he should have tried to run or screen pass. Just bombing it down the field doesn't cut it lol.

Going to do the same thing this year as I did with madden 11 and 12, buy it, play it for a bit, trade it in when I get bored and get something else or get some $$ back.

Yeah I'm trading in 12 soon, I would have done it earlier but the last game I bought was MW3.