Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden NFL 13 unveils 'huge' features

Ohio Colt

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-careers-developer-blog

Thoughts?

I guarauntee we can dig this thread up in October or September and we will be able to say, 'boy, we got duped'.

EA is excellent at this. Every year it's "Feature A, B, C" (cookie cutter) and "This year's game is going to be so much better than ever before" and then we put in the game in our consoles and it doesn't play well out of the box, there are game-breaking glitches that need a patch, and the All Pro skill level is too easy and the All Madden skill level is too hard with no happy medium (sliders are just an excuse for them to send us a broken game, I have spent hours that i shouldn't have to trying to find a skill level that plays just right, realistic simulation football and I've never found it hours later. And I shouldn't have to do this. Give me a default that works like MLB the Show or NBA 2k12).

I would LOVE to be wrong on this. But I know I won't be. I've been duped for the last decade.

It does sound awesome though. They're going to sell a ton of copies as always.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to make a franchise mode we have to play as Pagano, or can we just choose an option for franchise mode? I want to make a Colts franchise, not a Chuck franchise. Other than that, it sounds and look awesome. I wasn't this excited about Madden 12, all they talked about was presentation. Now they have physics, too.

So to make a franchise mode we have to play as Pagano, or can we just choose an option for franchise mode? I want to make a Colts franchise, not a Chuck franchise. Other than that, it sounds and look awesome. I wasn't this excited about Madden 12, all they talked about was presentation. Now they have physics, too.

Playing as Pagano is what you're looking for I'm told.... that would be your standard 'franchise' from years past if you choose to be the coach. If you get fired, you can turn into Luck or Vick Ballard or anyone... or the new coach. You don't have the option to be the owner....

I'm just wondering if you're 'Pagano', can you sign players or does the GM?

The Connected Careers revamp sounds awesome but still a little confusing. Hoping for the best.

And like, the same thought keeps going through my head at least.

It sounds cool, but it always sounds cool. The big feature always has a ton of sizzle and little deliverance. It's always this way. What's the chances that they don't botch this some? I would say less than 5%. They have to earn back our trust.

Saw it and am 40/60 on it. I have a feeling you'll just be able to manipulate it and it becomes a joke of a mode. After 3 seasons you probably end up with an extremely stacked team and it's zero fun anymore.

Superstar mode - Your player can be 90+ rating after 1 season

Franchise mode - Can manipulate and get a stacked team with multiple #1 top ten picks.

Saw it and am 40/60 on it. I have a feeling you'll just be able to manipulate it and it becomes a joke of a mode. After 3 seasons you probably end up with an extremely stacked team and it's zero fun anymore.

At least if you play connected careers you can start as a backup and work your way up the depth chart similar to NCAA. I'm looking forward to the "back stories" and the "RPG" aspect of it.

Superstar mode - Your player can be 90+ rating after 1 season

Franchise mode - Can manipulate and get a stacked team with multiple #1 top ten picks.

If you simulate to week 17 and offer all of your draft picks to the worst team in the league for all of their draft picks, it's always an accepted trade.

All I care about is how it plays and I only play franchise because it gives structure. I haven't touched SS mode in years. I do play Madden moments though. Even if it was strictly a roster update since the Colts are almost completely different. Im gonna be playing a lot of Luck vs RG3 vs Manning online. If I pick the Colts this will probably happen 60% of the time.

All I care about is how it plays and I only play franchise because it gives structure. I haven't touched SS mode in years. I do play Madden moments though. Even if it was strictly a roster update since the Colts are almost completely different. Im gonna be playing a lot of Luck vs RG3 vs Manning online. If I pick the Colts this will probably happen 60% of the time.

Well that's the thing. Franchise play is gone.

I just read the article, definitely playing connected careers with Luck or Pagano.

Same here, here is a question for you. If you play it as Luck, how does it differ as playing from Pagano? In your opinion or prediction?

Here is what I see....

Pagano/coach mode is what the old franchise control was like. I am guessing you will have to run the team and organize practices....

Maybe as Luck (or Reggie Wayne/Freeney, etc) you go through the practice rathre than plan them. But do you scout? Do you draft for the franchise when controlling Luck? That's the part I wouldn't like.

Same here, here is a question for you. If you play it as Luck, how does it differ as playing from Pagano? In your opinion or prediction?

Here is what I see....

Pagano/coach mode is what the old franchise control was like. I am guessing you will have to run the team and organize practices....

Maybe as Luck (or Reggie Wayne/Freeney, etc) you go through the practice rathre than plan them. But do you scout? Do you draft for the franchise when controlling Luck? That's the part I wouldn't like.

From what I read in M2C's link is that if I picked Pagano or Luck, I would take over the Colts. I'm not sure what the difference is though.

From what I read in M2C's link is that if I picked Pagano or Luck, I would take over the Colts. I'm not sure what the difference is though.

Here is what I see....

first of all, I could be wrong...

I am guessing that when u choose Pagano you would take over the entire colts franchise (like franchise mode). In this you would most certainly call all the plays and probably control signing, releasing, and drafting players. If you choose the D/O coordinator then you will only call D/O plays and no player decisions.

If you choose a player, then you will basically be doing superstar mode. in this, you only control your player. you do not call the plays nor make player decisions other than the one you chose to control.

What I am wondering is how the team play mode will be. I am hoping that in connected careers mode, that can have 32 people all in the same league, multiple people can pick players from the same team to control. Also will be interesting if one user chooses a coach and another user has a player and they play against each other... i love madden games and i really hope this new mode is as good as advertised. maybe they have been holding this back since it is the last year the hold the rights to NFL games and 2K will be able to make NFL games next year.

Q: do HOF players join their current team? also, if Im Mike Tomlin and Im fired, who is the Steelers head coach then?

A: HOF players join whatever team you want them to be on. If you are steelers and tomlin is fired you can be the next head coach I believe or switch to a player on that team. whoever the Steelers hire will be the next coach.

-----------------------

Here is my concern, I don't want to play who the Colts/Steelers/etc team hire. I want to hire the new coach. I want to be able to be the owner. Or GM. I want full control, why can't they get this

Q: do HOF players join their current team? also, if Im Mike Tomlin and Im fired, who is the Steelers head coach then?

A: HOF players join whatever team you want them to be on. If you are steelers and tomlin is fired you can be the next head coach I believe or switch to a player on that team. whoever the Steelers hire will be the next coach.

-----------------------

Here is my concern, I don't want to play who the Colts/Steelers/etc team hire. I want to hire the new coach. I want to be able to be the owner. Or GM. I want full control, why can't they get this

The Madden team probably didn't have enough time to include "GM mode". I'm sure there will be something like this in the future.

I’m Josh Looman and I’m here to tell you about the most exciting thing to happen to career modes in sports games in a very long time.

I stopped reading right there. Typical EA bull%' date=' lol. The [u']fans will decide if it's the most exciting thing to happen in career modes, NOT you EA!

I stopped reading right there. Typical EA bull%, lol. The fans will decide if it's the most exciting thing to happen in career modes, NOT you EA!

You said it my man. Looman is such a joke, he's just a spin doctor. He just builds broken game after broken game, throws it over the fence and hides until the next year. repeats, rinses washes repeats

I hope Josh Looman takes away potential, I hate it. Cant have any C players on my team, and the Colts roster is 80% C players

Josh said that there wont be fake undrafted rookies anymore, so you have to sign your own UDFAs

Who wants to play with me?

I hope Josh Looman takes away potential, I hate it. Cant have any C players on my team, and the Colts roster is 80% C players

Josh said that there wont be fake undrafted rookies anymore, so you have to sign your own UDFAs

Who wants to play with me? hit me up on ps3. Pty_thewalker

Potential is gone I read

Who wants to play with me? hit me up on ps3. Pty_thewalker

Potential is gone I read

Question I have, is this going to be like Head Coach where you basically just call the plays and design playbooks and such or what, I like that potential is gone although I think it just needed tweaked to go up and down based on circumstances such as play and injuries

Question I have, is this going to be like Head Coach where you basically just call the plays and design playbooks and such or what, I like that potential is gone although I think it just needed tweaked to go up and down based on circumstances such as play and injuries

I think as the head coach you'll still play the games if you want to like you would in a franchise with the option to just call the plays, make playbooks etc.

I think as the head coach you'll still play the games if you want to like you would in a franchise with the option to just call the plays, make playbooks etc.

I hope so because Im not buying another game like Head Coach, it was alright for a little while but got old fast

I hope so because Im not buying another game like Head Coach, it was alright for a little while but got old fast

Thats mainly because, like most things with EA, it was a good premise with poor execution. It also didnt help that the actual football engine itself was caldwell-esque in its shortcomings. With proper brains and support behind it, HC could become a great game. It shouldn't be a yearly series by any means, but there IS a market for it. Of course EA is entirely incapable of such a thing though, so I digress.

Sounds to me like they'putting some effort into it, which I guess is a plus. Franchise hasn't seen any notable changes since the Clinton administration, and Super Star mode has gotten progressively worse since it's inception, which has always bugged me because it has so much potential.

I think the EA boys have secretly been playing the MLB The Show series and realizing what a career mode can be. (Though in all fairness, Road To The Show has gotten stale as of late as well...)

Ultimately, though, it sounds like a big cluster-. I absolutely WILL NOT participate, attempt to participate, or even contemplate participating in an online league. A fully functioning online league is the the universe's second rarest feat only behind a dodo bird sighting by Jimmy Hoffa on the planet Mars. People flake out, and 75% or more of the time games don't get played. Even in well organized leagues.

I didn't buy 12 and only played the demo and I wasn't impressed. I'll likely give this a try, but I'm setting my expectations beside me on the floor because I know if I set them any higher I'm likely to end up disappointed.

I just saw the E3 footage. I have to say the physics and franchise mode improvements look phenomenal.

This may have something to do with the new team being brought in and Ian Cummings getting kicked out. Knowing EA's track record, this will be the only good thing about Madden 13 and they'll hype this up to death while either other things get cut out or simply copy pasted in from Madden 12, but perhaps this new design team will keep surprising us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/815/%E2%80%98madden-13%E2%80%99-improves-physics-career-mode

The best part is, anytime you get sick of your current player or coach, or if you just want to try out a new position, you can simply retire and start over in the same league as any other player or coach who hasn’t already been selected. This means you can play ten years as a wide receiver, retire, then decide to coach the Browns without having to start a new league.

I like the sound of this.