Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seeing Peyton throw

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this isn't the Colts section, so no need to keep pointing that out here.

It's still a Colts board though. So you are going to run into fans like that even in the NFL general section. Some people are just going to move on from Peyton Manning because he is no longer the Colts QB. They are free to post that just as you are free to post your support for Peyton.

It's still a Colts board though. So you are going to run into fans like that even in the NFL general section. Some people are just going to move on from Peyton Manning because he is no longer the Colts QB. They are free to post that just as you are free to post your support for Peyton.

True, but if he's so uninterested in Peyton, maybe he shouldn't have clicked on a thread titled "Seeing Peyton Throw". We're just trying to carve out a little corner of the site to keep up on Peyton. Apparently that still makes some people uncomfortable, so they in turn feel compelled to try and make us feel uncomfortable. Peyton and Eli Fan is a Giants fan, who is kind enough to help keep us updated and engaged about all things Peyton. If someone drove her off the board I would be pretty angry with them.

True, but if he's so uninterested in Peyton, maybe he shouldn't have clicked on a thread titled "Seeing Peyton Throw". We're just trying to carve out a little corner of the site to keep up on Peyton. Apparently that still makes some people uncomfortable, so they in turn feel compelled to try and make us feel uncomfortable. Peyton and Eli Fan is a Giants fan, who is kind enough to help keep us updated and engaged about all things Peyton. If someone drove her off the board I would be pretty angry with them.

Well said.

And this isn't the Colts section, so no need to keep pointing that out here.

True dat. The ones who want a piece of Manning in their NFL memories repertoire will choose to do so even with him not being a Colt. I fully respect that. Peyton and Eli fan honored and respected those boundaries by creating it in the NFL General section. The guys who are still bitter at folks who wont wipe Peyton off their memories like the contents of a flash drive will have to live with it, it is going to take a long time and I have reconciled with that fact a while ago.

Or, they can always start threads like "will Luck win more SBs or Peyton the next few years, will the Colts or Broncos have a better record" to pour fuel on fire whose coals are still burning :).

I would prefer that both sides leave the other alone if they feel uncomfortable talking about Peyton love or Luck love instead of deriding each other's intent or making assumptions about intent. I am sure that is the only way Luck-lovers and Peyton-nostalgia-lovers can co-exist, even if they do not see eye to eye, which is obvious.

It's a forum he can read and post where he wants as long as he's not breaking the rules. Not caring about Peyton Manning isn't against the rules. You can also say that the other poster didn't have to respond to Gavin's comment as well so it works both ways.

I don't think Gavin was trying to drive him off the forum with that comment either. He was simply saying he doesn't care about Peyton Manning. There is nothing wrong with that if he doesn't. I know others, including myself still do and I like Peyton and Eli fan's posts which is why I have stuck up for him when others have questioned why he's here before.

it was my mistake, I failed to realize what section I was in, I apologize Peyton and Eli Fan, but as for being over the release, their wasnt much to get over for me, was sad to see him go but I didnt take it as hard as most others did

it was my mistake, I failed to realize what section I was in, I apologize Peyton and Eli Fan, but as for being over the release, their wasnt much to get over for me, was sad to see him go but I didnt take it as hard as most others did

No problem. I didn't meant to be quite so snippy about it either.

Peyton=Yoda?

I thought he was more of a smart butt like Obiwon.

To each their own I guess. To me, Peyton will always be Yoda because both figures are strong, smart, brilliant at the line of scrimmage & often underestimated at a team's own peril & misfortune Joker. haha:thmup:

Obiwon is a respectable symbol for Peyton Manning too IMO.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, May 19, 2012 - baiting
Hidden by Peytongirl, May 19, 2012 - baiting

maybe they came to this thread to see if peytons arm was like a wet noodle. i know i did.

You'll get your chance on Monday - Broncos OTA will start on Monday and open to the media.

...and the AFC West will tremble in his wake.

dont matter to me if he can throw or not, hes not quarterbacking my team but I wish him the best though

As a fan of the game, it matters to me that he can throw. The league needs active legends such as Peyton.

You have a right to voice your opinion, but why butt-in to make such an arbitrary comment?

It's a forum he can read and post where he wants as long as he's not breaking the rules. Not caring about Peyton Manning isn't against the rules. You can also say that the other poster didn't have to respond to Gavin's comment as well so it works both ways.

I don't think Gavin was trying to drive him off the forum with that comment either. He was simply saying he doesn't care about Peyton Manning. There is nothing wrong with that if he doesn't. I know others, including myself still do and I like Peyton and Eli fan's posts which is why I have stuck up for him when others have questioned why he's here before.

So if Gavin doesn't care about Peyton Manning, why then is it necessary for him to read and post in every thread about him? That, to me, is the opposite of not caring, and comes off as cynicism towards the folks who wish he (Manning) were still here. It's disingenuous, and the whole "free to post an opinion" argument is often one-sided and hypocritical.

If he doesn't care, we know that. If he doesn't care, he shouldn't show the opposite by finding it necessary to post every time Manning's name comes up. That's logical, sensitive to other people, and far less "jerky" than the alternative.

So if Gavin doesn't care about Peyton Manning, why then is it necessary for him to read and post in every thread about him? That, to me, is the opposite of not caring, and comes off as cynicism towards the folks who wish he (Manning) were still here. It's disingenuous, and the whole "free to post an opinion" argument is often one-sided and hypocritical.

If he doesn't care, we know that. If he doesn't care, he shouldn't show the opposite by finding it necessary to post every time Manning's name comes up. That's logical, sensitive to other people, and far less "jerky" than the alternative.

How on earth is it hypocritical for me to say everyone is welcomed to thier opinion? It's not. Even if it's an unpopular opinion. All I said was he is free to post his thoughts as long as he didn't break the rules which last time I checked did not state one must like Peyton manning in order to post here.

He didn't say anything nasty to p&e fan in his post and yet was attacked for it. He merely said I don't care about Peyton manning anymore. Rather you believe him or not is another issue. I just didn't think it was right he was more or less told not to state his opinion. That is what a forum is for correct? A place to share opinions?

At the end of the day Gavin and p&e fan have said sorry to each other so I think it's time the rest of us let it go too.

Unless you opinion is anti-Manning then the Peyton Fan Club police delete your posts.

Same when the Luck-police got there way. What's your point?

How on earth is it hypocritical for me to say everyone is welcomed to thier opinion? It's not. Even if it's an unpopular opinion. All I said was he is free to post his thoughts as long as he didn't break the rules which last time I checked did not state one must like Peyton manning in order to post here.

He didn't say anything nasty to p&e fan in his post and yet was attacked for it. He merely said I don't care about Peyton manning anymore. Rather you believe him or not is another issue. I just didn't think it was right he was more or less told not to state his opinion. That is what a forum is for correct? A place to share opinions?

At the end of the day Gavin and p&e fan have said sorry to each other so I think it's time the rest of us let it go too.

He wasn't saying you. He was saying those who say they don't care, but go out of their way to make it a point they don't care ever time he is mentioned. If they truly didn't care they wouldn't bother with it.

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion. I agree.

I guess I just don't understand why "click" on a link that you want no part of and claiming "i don't care." Why let it irritate you and impose on other's people's right to post a topic of their choice related to football in general.

Why do people feel that they have to "defend their allegiance" to the colts team when Manning is being discussed?

I love the Colts and am super excited about Luck and the "new" look we are gonna have.

I will always love Manning, for one he was a Colt and two because he is a polarizing figure who happens to be one of the top QB ever, if not the top. If he does well, GREAT!

IMO, those thumping their chest and say "move on" are the ones that are quietly still "angry" that he is no longer here.

Manning will always be a Colt to me. I consider myself a lucky fan from getting to cheer on Peyton for so many years to another great QB in luck in the future years.

He wasn't saying you. He was saying those who say they don't care, but go out of their way to make it a point they don't care ever time he is mentioned. If they truly didn't care they wouldn't bother with it.

I could not have said it better.... plain and simple :applause:

I can't wait to up and see him in person. I am a true and Blue Colts Fan, but I have the best of the deal.. Peyton is now 1 hour away and I get to still see my colts on TV.. too bad that the Broncos are in Indy next year.. but glad you guys get to see PM again.. hey I guess I could come back home and see him there and Luck..

We've already seen video of Peyton throwing and he looked fine. He's just had more time to heal and get used to his receivers, so I expect him to be throwing like the Peyton of old

It will be good to see footage that doesn't resemble that of a yetti chase, through a chain link fence.

Same when the Luck-police got there way. What's your point?

i would be interested to know what you mean by that. since to my knowledge no such thing exists. please pm me.

Yours was an honest mistake, Gavin (and you apologized). :) I think we have all clicked in a forgot which section of the forum we were reading at the time. No worries.

And to Suzy - thanks. Still finding my way. :hug:

now... :topic:

One of good friends is a die-hard Chiefs fans so this comment of Ruk's hit home:

"...and the AFC West will tremble in his wake."

She and I have already been fussing about football. rotflmao She so wanted Peyton to go to Tennessee or SF. :cheer:

It is going to be interesting.