Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seeing Peyton throw

Peyton and Eli fan

I think it is a bit unfair to assume anyone is waiting for a big hit on Manning.

Just because Gavin is trying to talk things out and have a real conversation on the topic and not just the usual Peyton support one liners that does not mean he is "waiting" for that hit.

He makes some interesting points as well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I get the feeling you CAN'T WAIT for that hit...???

I, on the other hand, can't wait to see that razor arm throwing TD's again..... :td:

ya caught me I cant wait for that hit :rollseyes:, Im simply reserving judgement on what he can take until he actually takes some contact

Brady certainly has a better chance at another Superbowl then Kobe has at his 6th ring I think, just look how close Brady got this year, within a few inches of a hail mary

Gavin,

I respect you and your NFL knowledge which is top notch, but even if WR Wes Welker had caught that poorly thrown ball from Tom Brady, there is no guarantee that the Patriots would have won the SB. Philip Rivers fumbled the snap at a critical juncture in the regular season that cost the Chargers the game. I think the opponent might have been the Chiefs but I can't swear to it.

I don't see New England in New Orleans this year at all myself; I see the Houston Texans vs. the 49ers.

I know you weren't predicting a NE victory Gavin & I will acknowledge that the Patriots are always a competitive, playoff bound squad. Keep up the good analysis Gavin!!!

Gavin,

I respect you & your NFL knowledge which is top notch, but even if WR Wes Welker had caught that poorly thrown ball from Tom Brady, there is no guarantee that the Patriots would have won the SB. Philip Rivers fumbled the snap at a critical juncture in the regular season that cost the Chargers the game. I think the opponent might have been the Chiefs but I can't swear to it. I don't see New England in New Orleans this year at all myself I see the Houston Texans vs. the 49ers.

I know you weren't predicting a NE victory Gavin & I will acknowledge that the Patriots are always a competitive, playoff bound squad. Keep up the good analysis Gavin!!!

Wow, I totally forgot about that game. Wow was Rivers horrible at times last season. Man the Chargers really blew a lot of games lol.

Gavin,

I respect you & your NFL knowledge which is top notch, but even if WR Wes Welker had caught that poorly thrown ball from Tom Brady, there is no guarantee that the Patriots would have won the SB. Philip Rivers fumbled the snap at a critical juncture in the regular season that cost the Chargers the game. I think the opponent might have been the Chiefs but I can't swear to it. I don't see New England in New Orleans this year at all myself; I see the Houston Texans vs. the 49ers.

That Rivers snap is up there with a Kurt Warner fumbled snap when his team was down by 2, with less than a minute to go in the Redzone from about 2006, as the worst fumbled snap in history.

Loved them both since I don't care much for either quarterback.

Gavin,

I respect you & your NFL knowledge which is top notch, but even if WR Wes Welker had caught that poorly thrown ball from Tom Brady, there is no guarantee that the Patriots would have won the SB. Philip Rivers fumbled the snap at a critical juncture in the regular season that cost the Chargers the game. I think the opponent might have been the Chiefs but I can't swear to it. I don't see New England in New Orleans this year at all myself I see the Houston Texans vs. the 49ers.

Well my knowledge certainly isnt top notch, their are other certainly way more football savvy then me on this forum including I believe a few who have played or coached unlike me who actually cant play do to a disability from birth so Im certainly not the first to come to by any stretch and its been well noted I have said a few off the wall things on here (which I have) but Im just talking about the last play of the game itself in last years SuperBowl the pass that was either tipped or just out of reach of both Gronkowski and Hernandez

I don't think I've ever been called "unfair" in my life.......

at least until this evening...

I called your comment unfair or that was what I implied.

I mean no harm and I enjoy good conversations.

Too bad, we got along well with Phillip Phillips and now this is harming our fun? :)

Well my knowledge certainly isnt top notch, their are other certainly way more football savvy then me on this forum including I believe a few who have played or coached unlike me who actually cant play do to a disability from birth so Im certainly not the first to come to by any stretch and its been well noted I have said a few off the wall things on here (which I have) but Im just talking about the last play of the game itself in last years SuperBowl the pass that was either tipped or just out of reach of both Gronkowski and Hernandez

Like my father always says "Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons." The Patriots lost twice to BIG BLUE in 2007 & 2012. I value your insights Gavin. I look forward to reading your commentary on a daily basis. Right there alongside Jules & the rest of my forum friends.

Actually, that is how it often works when you are a die hard fan of a team. You root for whoever is in the uniform and hope they become great.

Of course if say Luck gets caught with hookers and cocaine I don't blame some for getting upset.....I don't think that will happen though. Call it a hunch.

You couldn't have said it any better. Take for example Adam V. Do most diehard colt fans hate him because he was a pat? Or does the Horseshoe on his helmet change things?

Me personally; I wish Peyton the best and hope he does well. Until he plays us and I hope Freeney and Mathis drop him twice, Bethea gets a pick 6, and Luck throws for 12 tds in the first half.

I do appreciate what Peyton has done for this franchise but now that he does not have a horseshoe on his helmet, I don't need updates daily via sc and nfl network. I do not wanna watch video of him throwing passes. I wanna see Luck throwing passes. My quarterback for My Team; the Indianapolis Colts.

Sorry guys I will now get down off my soapbox.

Gavin,

I respect you and your NFL knowledge which is top notch, but even if WR Wes Welker had caught that poorly thrown ball from Tom Brady, there is no guarantee that the Patriots would have won the SB. Philip Rivers fumbled the snap at a critical juncture in the regular season that cost the Chargers the game. I think the opponent might have been the Chiefs but I can't swear to it.

I don't see New England in New Orleans this year at all myself; I see the Houston Texans vs. the 49ers.

Schaub and Al Smith in the SB......... hmmmm.

Well, D can carry a team.

I don't think I've ever been called "unfair" in my life.......

at least until this evening...

Golly, I can think of about 1000 different times in my life that I felt my "GRANNY" was sweating me.

Normally it was when she told me to go cut a "switch"...

You couldn't have said it any better. Take for example Adam V. Do most diehard colt fans hate him because he was a pat? Or does the Horseshoe on his helmet change things?

Me personally; I wish Peyton the best and hope he does well. Until he plays us and I hope Freeney and Mathis drop him twice, Bethea gets a pick 6, and Luck throws for 12 tds in the first half.

I do appreciate what Peyton has done for this franchise but now that he does not have a horseshoe on his helmet, I don't need updates daily via sc and nfl network. I do not wanna watch video of him throwing passes. I wanna see Luck throwing passes. My quarterback for My Team; the Indianapolis Colts.

RIGHT ON!

Wait. Whoa. You mean Peyton can throw a football? His neck didn't spontaneously implode!? WHAT!? You mean there's a great chance he may be just as awesome as he always was...? But...but...he's...the Broncos...UGH!

*pouts while playing Madden 2011 while using the old awesome Colts*

For the record, I'm not a Luck hater and am quite optimistic about our future as a football franchise.

Wait. Whoa. You mean Peyton can throw a football? His neck didn't spontaneously implode!? WHAT!? You mean there's a great chance he may be just as awesome as he always was...? But...but...he's...the Broncos...UGH!

*pouts while playing Madden 2011 while using the old awesome Colts*

For the record, I'm not a Luck hater and am quite optimistic about our future as a football franchise.

I know your not a Luck hater and I am not either but I still wish Peyton much success with his new team. I will always follow Peyton where ever he plays. :thmup: We fans can have two teams to follow if we chose to do so and I am a Colts Fan 1st and then a Broncos Fan 2nd.

Well all I can say if OP don't want to see a post about Peyton simple ignore them because they are allowed in the NFL General . Some people still may want to see how he is doing and I am one member that likes to see his articles. :thmup:

Well considering that this is the NFL General if you don't want to read about Peyton or any other player don't open the thread. It's easy just skip that thread. haha That's why we have 2 Football sections.

Some would be better off not posting in threads//topics/players they don't care about. It would make them look better on the surface.

I must look great on the surface because there are a lot of threads that I read and decide I'd be better off not to reply. haha Keeps me out of trouble that way. Well sometimes it does anyway. :hide:

Some would be better off not posting in threads//topics/players they don't care about. It would make them look better on the surface.

Well said FJC. Everyone is entitled to express their viewpoint freely of course, but sometimes it does seem a tad bit counterproductive to chime in on a subject that displeases an individual when often the best course of action is to bypass it completely. Believe me, I should have followed my own advice more than once. It might have prevented a 24 hour suspension & obtaining a few warning points in my past. I can be stubborn & bull headed yes, but this old dog can actually learn a new trick or 2 too. haha

RIGHT ON!

At least i'm not riding solo! :thmup:

Well considering that this is the NFL General if you don't want to read about Peyton or any other player don't open the thread. It's easy just skip that thread. haha That's why we have 2 Football sections.

Both Points are well taken and I agree that if I didn't wanna hear about it I shouldn't have clicked on this topic. Yet when I turn on ESPN and NFL Network and I see the exact same coverage of him stretching, then throwing a couple of passes; its just redundant. Like I said in my initial post I could never give the man enough thanks for keeping football in Indiana. Heck Making Indiana a football state. I'm not saying he hasn't done great things because he has, what I am saying is that I wanna hear about the quarterback of my team. The Indianapolis Colts. I wanna hear about the colts in general for that matter. I live on the West Coast and unfortunately due to geographic limitations I don't have local news channels or radio shows that I can hear and watch. Now that Peyton is in a Bronco uniform its still sore with me and when I think about football I wanna think to the future with Luck, not the past with Manning. Because if I'm looking at the past now. . . .we wont be relevant in the future.

:cheers::lombardi::coltslogo:

Both Points are well taken and I agree that if I didn't wanna hear about it I shouldn't have clicked on this topic. Yet when I turn on ESPN and NFL Network and I see the exact same coverage of him stretching, then throwing a couple of passes; its just redundant. Like I said in my initial post I could never give the man enough thanks for keeping football in Indiana. Heck Making Indiana a football state. I'm not saying he hasn't done great things because he has, what I am saying is that I wanna hear about the quarterback of my team. The Indianapolis Colts. I wanna hear about the colts in general for that matter. I live on the West Coast and unfortunately due to geographic limitations I don't have local news channels or radio shows that I can hear and watch. Now that Peyton is in a Bronco uniform its still sore with me and when I think about football I wanna think to the future with Luck, not the past with Manning. Because if I'm looking at the past now. . . .we wont be relevant in the future.

Then "click" on the Colts Football topics. Problem solved.

Well seeing as we have no control over ESPN or NFL network that's a problem you will have to deal with I guess . :sigh: They can't show Luck throwing because he's not even in Indiana until after June 6th. Then I'm sure they will be following our QB at that time. Be patient my friend. :thmsup: I will be seeing plenty of him when I work training camp. :thmup:

Then "click" on the Colts Football topics. Problem solved.

I do, I am all over this forum. I also like to see what all my fellow colts fans have to say because like you, I have a rooting interest in the colts. As well I do still have some loyalty to Peyton but my loyalty lies with the Colts. The more interesting thing to me is it seems like people are surprised that he's looking like his old self. Did really anyone expect him to not come back as he was before. But since you, me and my kids have now seen Peyton throwing recently he looks great just like his old self.

Just for clarification purposes my beef is with the coverage of Peyton on both networks ESPN and the NFL network. Not anyone here or whomever is a fan of Peyton.

Also what if there are other fans on this board who feel the same way I do? I wouldn't start a thread with "Is anyone else sick of the coverage that Peyton is getting?" That's not gonna help this board out at all. That I could almost guarantee would end up with the thread being locked because with every debate you have the left side and the right side. and it will go too far it always does (brady vs manning)

Please don't lambast me if my opinion differs from the organized masses.

Again I say :cheers::lombardi::coltslogo:

Well seeing as we have no control over ESPN or NFL network that's a problem you will have to deal with I guess . :sigh: They can't show Luck throwing because he's not even in Indiana until after June 6th. Then I'm sure they will be following our QB at that time. Be patient my friend. :thmsup: I will be seeing plenty of him when I work training camp. :thmup:

Thanks Susie Q. I'm not trying to cause a fight or anything just grrrrrrrr...... I want Colts news, If Peyton still had the horseshoe on his head i'd be salivating but alas he doesn't.

Please don't lambast me if my opinion differs from the organized masses.

Again I say :cheers::lombardi::coltslogo:

I'm sorry, I was not being rude, I was trying to be "helpful" commenting on your statement that you wanted to read about Colts Football.... and as Susie stated, some of us still do want to hear about Peyton... that is why posts are still there in the NFL General section to read.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 27, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, May 27, 2012 - inflammatory

It's still a Colts board though. So you are going to run into fans like that even in the NFL general section. Some people are just going to move on from Peyton Manning because he is no longer the Colts QB. They are free to post that just as you are free to post your support for Peyton.

This wasnt about moving on from Peyton. Pretty classles to say you dont care if the guy can throw or not.

For those that want Colts news that can't find enough.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/ Horrible editorials but he's decent at copy and pasting.

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE Some decent authors and some horrible ones.

Of course, google & twitter are good resources too.

Even http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/ Some will enjoy the way he continually bashes a certain someone.

Very dumb thing to say. No class at all

ah so I have no class because Im not all lovey dovey over Peyton and have no problem with moving on even though I clearly stated I wish him the best just not against us,

I really have no words to express how much it saddens me that it has come to this......

Why is it so hard for people to still love Peyton and wish him the best and at the same time embrace Andrew Luck and all that he is going to bring to the Colts Organization.. These are two incredibly talented athletes and decent human beings. Please, no more bashing of either of them, or fellow fans for that matter....

This wasnt about moving on from Peyton. Pretty classles to say you dont care if the guy can throw or not.

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it just as he was welcome to his which is all I was saying. Just because it's not a popular opinion doesn't mean others should be telling him not to post it. That's the only reason I said anything. Notice both parties have apologized to each other since then. I think it's safe to say both understood they rubbed each other the wrong way and have moved on from it.

Also just for the record saying you don't care about Peyton Manning isn't against the rules. However calling that poster dumb and classless because you don't like their opinion is.

Also I find it ironic that this thread would have been dead a week ago if everyone who is telling Gavin to ignore things he doesn't want to see just ignored his post because they didn't want to see it.

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it just as he was welcome to his which is all I was saying. Just because it's not a popular opinion doesn't mean others should be telling him not to post it. That's the only reason I said anything. Notice both parties have apologized to each other since then. I think it's safe to say both understood they rubbed each other the wrong way and have moved on from it.

I didnt read on , maybe I should have but what I did read was enough. What he said was just wrong , and Im sure he wasnt thinking that when Peyton won us a SB. I think the whole idea of what he said reflects the whole problem with our culture today. It rubbed me wrong and you are right, Im entitled to that opinion.

I didnt read on , maybe I should have but what I did read was enough. What he said was just wrong , and Im sure he wasnt thinking that when Peyton won us a SB. I think the whole idea of what he said reflects the whole problem with our culture today. It rubbed me wrong and you are right, Im entitled to that opinion.

That's your opinion again you are more than welcome to it I've said that twice now. With that said he's just as entitled to his and just because people don't like it or agree with it (and for the record I don't agree with it) doesn't mean he should be told not to post his thoughts. That's what a forum is for to share opinions including those that some may night agree with it. If you want to disagree with that opinion that is more than fine to do. I am just not going to support others telling people not to post their opinions because people don't agree with it.

Well what I usually do when someone post something that rubs me the wrong way I stop and count to 10 and then wonder whether it's worth replying to and usually I just fluff it off and go on to something else because that keeps me from saying something that I will regret later. Works everytime for me. :thmup:

Well what I usually do when someone post something that rubs me the wrong way I stop and count to 10 and then wonder whether it's worth replying to and usually I just fluff it off and go on to something else because that keeps me from saying something that I will regret later. Works everytime for me. :thmup:

I usually type out a few responses.

Read it a couple of times.

Most of the time I delete it because it's not worth the effort to respond.

One key thing is how a response is worded. Various people can read the same sentence and get different meanings. Which I think was the case here.

So there are plenty of times I've stopped myself from posting a comment for various reasons.

First nothing I have said in any of my previous posts about Peyton have been to get people upset or rub anyone the wrong way. I recognize if it werent for Peyton we wouldnt have been in the position to win a SuperBowl let alone win one. I have aplogized for rubbing anyone the wrong way on this issue, I do not wish Peyton any ill will in the future be it on the football field or otherwise. I wish things didnt happen as they did but that still doesnt mean I cant embrace the future an our new quarterback. the timing was right with everything that happened, now I also recognize its actually my fault for coming in and reading the threads in this section, but its my belief that some that continue to hold on to Peyton wont give Andrew his fair chance, maybe Im wrong but I have learned over the years in many cases when one continues to talk about the other quite a bit that usually means they arent ready to let go and embrace the future and realize things happened for a reason and in some cases a good reason, I will enjoy hearing if Peyton is doing well this year and if some of his games happen to be on and I can watch them, then I will if they dont interfere with Colts games, once again I aplogize for rubbing anyone the wrong way.

I usually type out a few responses.

Read it a couple of times.

Most of the time I delete it because it's not worth the effort to respond.

One key thing is how a response is worded. Various people can read the same sentence and get different meanings. Which I think was the case here.

So there are plenty of times I've stopped myself from posting a comment for various reasons.

:thmup:

This thread seems to have run its course and degenerated again. Several posts have been removed. I am closing it.

for the record, it is a personal shot to call someone dumb and classless.

Please show respect for your fellow board members