Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans predictions

danlhart87

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There is no running away from the next 4 to 5 games. It is going to reveal what this franchise is going forward. It will show the level of talent on thia team. I expect AR to grow and our defence to crater going up against some balanced offences and good qbs. The O is going to have to put up 30 plus points to have a chance to win games.

What's ironic is that all these teams over the next few weeks have all come up during Ballard's tenure. So I guess we'll see how his long winded team build stacks up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

What's ironic is that all these teams over the next few weeks have all come up during Ballard's tenure. So I guess we'll see how his long winded team build stacks up.

People will  still make excuses why those teams were able to build their franchises over a shorter period of time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Why do you even follow this team?  If i were as negative as you,  I would find other things to do with my Sundays.   Take up pickle ball or something 

Just realistic with this team. This season was in my eyes a get reps for Richardson season. I don’t expect the team to make the playoffs but if they do that’s great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are in good shape, had we lost today it would have been bad. 1 game makes that much of a difference. At 4-3 we are on pace to win at least 9 games at worse. 

They are going to have to sneak a couple wins  in this next stretch. Texans being a division rival gives them one of the best chances. Vikings and lions games are not going to be pretty 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are going to have to sneak a couple wins  in this next stretch. Texans being a division rival gives them one of the best chances. Vikings and lions games are not going to be pretty 

Colts schedule at the end is pretty easy which is huge. If we can beat Houston, we are on our way Excited Episode 12 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s possible, but I think our soft defense could be just the thing to get their struggling offense going. 

This is what bothers me on the road. We have to start well and keep it a 1 score game if we ever get behind. Packers were blitzing and pushing the pocket in the middle really well, something Bradley doesn’t do well.

Plus the guy that hurt us last time ran really well versus Packers, Joe Mixon. He’s the most important guy to stop because if they can average 4-5 yards a run, less pressure on Stroud. 

AR should play like the last few drives today and Steichen should just let him run and use heavy RPOs and hit WRs off play action.

If we get down 2 scores on the road, we’re done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are in good shape, had we lost today it would have been bad. 1 game makes that much of a difference. At 4-3 we are on pace to win at least 9 games at worse. 

Colts need to win as much AFC games as possible since it might come to tie breakers. Jets, Broncos, Jags, Titans Texans, Pats those wins get you to 10. Then you still have Giants that’ll get you to 11. Anything beyond that and it’s passes expectations this season.

• Like 1

We got a chance to take this one of we do what I said we should have done in the first matchup. Possess the ball and keep Stroud on the sidelines. Problem is we still struggle to maintain long drives. Need a heck of a game plan from Shane this weekend.

• Like 1

Great Sunday, round 2 on the Spaghetti and Meatballs. Another Crown Royal made. Texans lose, Titans lose, Colts win. 4-3 is OK. Jags won but they are 2-5. As of now we are right there for that 7th seed in the playoffs. Chargers are 3-2, Broncos are 4-3, Ravens 4-2. Beating the Dolphins was huge, Jets losing helped too, we also have the tiebreaker over Pitt if it comes to that. Pitt is 5-2. A lot of parity in the AFC.

Our top 32nd ranked defense will take their arm tackling talents to Houston where to quote Bob Kravitz, Joe Mixon will run for a buck twenty five, "he would have run for more but the end zone kept getting in the way" If Buckner and Taylor are back Colts lose 34-17.....if not the Colts lose 34-6. Stroud picks apart the middle of the field and quick outs all day.....Joe Mixon runs, and runs and runs some more...(Group quote the following) but we will get it fixed, we believe in our guys...thats on me , I need to coach better and all the usual jazz we hear........

Another week experiencing the wild ride that is Anthony Richardson.  Our game planning has been off and on too.  It seems like we figure out what’s gonna work offensively each week late in the 3rd quarter.  

At any rate, I thought that AR had a fantastic game in week 1’s 2-point loss to the Texans.  And our D put extra people in coverage to stop Stroud, only to have Mixon kill us in big chunk plays.  But each week is a new game.  Hopefully, AR shook off some of the passing rust (he did better in the second half).

If I had to guess, I’d say that Houston is planning a heavy dose of Mixon again.  They just had the passing game shut down by GB, but Mixon went off like he did against us.  I think the Texans are good at taking what the D is giving, so we’ll see how our D comes out.  But one thing’s for sure - their OL is poor at pass blocking.  So, making them pass seems like a better bet.  Not sure what all this is doing to Stroud’s internal clock, but hitting him would be satisfying and demoralizing to the OL.

All that being said, I say AR looks like he did in Game 1 and we shock ‘em:

Colts 27

Texans 20

11 hours ago, krunk said:

We got a chance to take this one of we do what I said we should have done in the first matchup. Possess the ball and keep Stroud on the sidelines. Problem is we still struggle to maintain long drives. Need a heck of a game plan from Shane this weekend.

In seemingly no game Richardson has played in 2 years have we had any consistent offense.  If you keep putting Stroud back on the field, our secondary will crack.  Maybe Taylor will play and Steichen will use the formula he did in the final game of 2023 vs. the Texans.  It was almost enough.

15 minutes ago, #12. said:

In seemingly no game Richardson has played in 2 years have we had any consistent offense.  If you keep putting Stroud back on the field, our secondary will crack.  Maybe Taylor will play and Steichen will use the formula he did in the final game of 2023 vs. the Texans.  It was almost enough.

It appears Stroud really missed Collins yesterday.

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I’m still not worried.  We have some new and better players playing on defense now.  It is possible for teams to improve you know.

Last time the Texans had the ball 20 minutes more than the Colts, yet the Colts lost by just 2 points. The Colts can definitely win this game

• Like 1

The two losses by the Texans were against two very good teams Vikings and Packers. With the tough schedule ahead, the Colts must put their best effort in order to reserve a playoff spot. Colts have won four of their last five games. Hope fully they will become addicted to winning.

19 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

That’s all fine and good but consider who the qbs were. Let’s see how they do against this next stretch of legit qbs.

This is one area where I have to agree with you. We haven't given up 4th quarter points because we've played bad QBs. That's an easy one to figure out.

The defense will have a real test this week.

• Like 1