Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

Just now, JediXMan said:

In other news Minshew got benched for AOC lol.

I will give credit to Ballard for signing Joe, but even that was a fluke.  If Minshew stays around (as he should have because he is terrible) Ballard never signs Flacco.  But Flacco is heads and tails above GM. 

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have no questions about Richardson being the future. He has shored enough. The issue is can he have more football awareness so he does not get hurt.

He is a work in progress, and he has not shown enough-yet. Not only does he need to stay healthy he needs to be able to manage a short and intermediate passing game with accuracy and timing to win in the NFL. 

ballards misses on corner and pass rusher killed the defense ...   Also the linebackers are not that good they both are average just have high motors and make a bunch of tackles for gain .  Not working on getting a solid back up defensive tackle for buckner has been a glaring hole since 2021 and ballard failed again .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

And I'm not disagreeing with either.  But saying JT is weak because he didn't play is misguided.   Also,  the lack of a run game didn't lose today.   The dbs blowing coverage and not being able to tackle Bigby was. 

I do blame the loss more on the D but a guy like Simmons or Gilmore, it would not have happened. Asking a 40 yr old QB to carry our team is unrealistic even though Joe is still good. Had we had Taylor in there our balance would have been much better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Money talks. Had we offered more he would have stayed. Instead, we pay FG Kicker 10 mill a year or whatever it is and he misses anything outside of 50 now.

Paying gay had nothing to do with not signing Moss.  Moss has not been good this year btw

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do blame the loss more on the D but a guy like Simmons or Gilmore, it would not have happened. Asking 4 a 40 yr old QB to carry our team is unrealistic even though Joe is still good. Had we had Taylor in there our balance would have been much better. 

I agree.   But injuries happen.   Taylor wasn't available.   

• Like 1

Just now, runthepost said:

He wanted to leave because we sucked. He wasn’t going to stay

Yeah I understand.  But I am sure if enough money would have been offered he would have stayed.  

Instead we paid Gay and 5 DLineman who do nothing. 

58 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

If our defense was halfway decent, we would definitely be in the running For the playoffs and beyond with Flacco, Taylor and company on offense. If we go with Richardson the rest of the way…which I’m guessing we probably will……. We will be looking at a top five pick next year. And still looking for our Franchise qb. Honestly, I think Irsay needs to clean house starting from the GM down. Does anyone else find it strange that we haven’t heard anything from Jim Irsay? Anyway, that’s my two cents.

It really isn't fair to throw away the season for the other 60 players just so they can evaluate an undeveloped player.  If AR has any brains and an ability to absorb information and learn his job, it should be holding the clip board. Do you realize what has taken place with the Ballard regime? Instead of drafting a viable Quarterback candidate, He has turned over the keys to a billion dollar machine to an operator who has no business being at the controls. Guess what? It's not AR's fault. It's Ballard's Folly. What is he going to do with the over cap money he is saving? He is going to award extensions to players that never should have been here to begin with. Irsay Should start a new staff search after week 17. Let's face it. This Ballard situation will take several years to remedy if not decades.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Yeah I understand.  But I am sure if enough money would have been offered he would have stayed.  

Instead we paid Gay and 5 DLineman who do nothing. 

There was money to sign Moss.  He wanted to be a starter.  He isn't the best back the Bengals have this year.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

It really isn't fair to throw away the season for the other 60 players just so they can evaluate an undeveloped player.  If AR has any brains and an ability to absorb information and learn his job, it should be holding the clip board. Do you realize what has taken place with the Ballard regime? Instead of drafting a viable Quarterback candidate, He has turned over the keys to a billion dollar machine to an operator who has no business being at the controls. Guess what? It's not AR's fault. It's Ballard's Folly. What is he going to do with the over cap money he is saving? He is going to award extensions to players that never should have been here to begin with. Irsay Should start a new staff search after week 17. Let's face it. This Ballard situation will take several years to remedy if not decades.

Decades?   Really?   Ballard hasn't even been here 1 decade.  Yet fixing his mistakes will take multiple decades.  Do you know what a decade is?

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a tough one to take, it's like a kick to the balls. I am just frustrated. 

Same. Just so disheartening as a fan. Again Josh Allen's head bounces off the turf he goes into the blue tent and misses not a single snap. I don't understand what's in the water in Indy.... Why the heck is Ryan Kelly injured every month?

What is wrong with our DBS?

Why can't we have a healthy QB? 

It's way frustrating. And I just turn to sarcasm. I can wait to cheer for our back ups next week too! Levis will throw for 75% completion rate and over 300 yards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Trevor Lawrence career day. 

I don’t care that we have injuries. EVERYONE has injuries right now. This defense is a joke. Gus is a joke. Ballard is a joke. This team will never advance with Ballard being who he is (and that’s not what I want to say, but I’m not getting in trouble for saying what I actually want to say) because he wants to be * cheap and TRY to be the smartest guy in the room. 

You don’t hang 34 points on a WINLESS team and still lose. 

This % cannot continue. 

Recurring theme vs the defense this year.  People can point to injuries but both safeties were playing and Jones has been up and down, he has to get better at not overrunning the play.  Then there are missed tackles, Speed, Franklin, and Cross ware guiltily of key ones today.  All starters.  Then the one backup in the secondary who is playing Womack is behind Lammons and Flowers who have not been good.  Also worth mentioning Flowers is also a former starter in this D.  So it’s not like they are getting killed by the backups on defense.  Yes, guys like Flowers has struggled but the starters are not holding up their end of the bargain.  Earlier when these defensive guys all signed extensions it was Franklin saying it was time get banners and reports the front office said yeah it’s on you guys now.  Those guys are not living up their extensions they got and the faith the front office showed in them.  

you are now tied to those players for at least another year probably because of the extensions so your only hope is to fire the DC and see if a new voice can help them figure it out because it’s clear Bradley isn’t getting through and his system is getting shredded.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Throw what season away? We're not winning the Super Bowl with Flacco. We need to figure out if AR is the guy and that takes A LOT of snaps. Playing Flacco would not be fair to the other 60 players, because it gets the Colts exactly nowhere.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This was on the dline and not being able to get pressure because of injuries.

They have not had pressure since Freeney and Mathis. What should the coach say at postgame interview? " We sucked because we have injured players". 

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Same. Just so disheartening as a fan. Again Josh Allen's head bounces off the turf he goes into the blue tent and misses not a single snap. I don't understand what's in the water in Indy.... Why the heck is Ryan Kelly injured every month?

What is wrong with our DBS?

Why can't we have a healthy QB? 

It's way frustrating. And I just turn to sarcasm. I can wait to cheer for our back ups next week too! Levis will throw for 75% completion rate and over 300 yards. 

I don't get it either. AR barley gets hit and it is automatically a concussion. Allen gets ran over by truck and his coaches are like go back in lmao .

• Like 2

I saw Julian Blackmon throw his hands up at least twice while other DBs were actually covering their people and he didn’t……

Not too mention getting the jock strap juked off of him on Tanks long TD run in the 4th quarter.

I would have to rewatch the game but he may have singlehandedly gave up three or four touchdowns on his own today. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

The odd thing is I really don't see a lot of conceit and red flags in AR's general personality.

Seems like a good guy.  Not to full of himself.

But I think because he is so big (for an NFL QB) he thinks of himself as superman who can just crash though any tackle when in reality he is the opposite.  His pain tolerance is low and his ability to absorb a hit is almost non existent.  Add in the fact that he refuses to slide or run OB with any regularity? 

Recipe for disaster.  I really think his size makes him think he can do things that he really can't.  He would be better off thinking he was Jayden Daniels size.   Weighs much less but tall.  Fast and athletic.  Realizes that he doesn't need to take hits that he doesn't have to.  I watched his whole game today and he ran a ton but might have got hit once.  And even that wasn't much. 

Let's be clear on AR and him thinking he is a big guy and can run over people. This maybe true. However, if u look at all of his injuries and review those hits. They were not crushing blows. They were simple football hits. So far in his career, he is made of glass. I love the kid, however have u ever seen a player in any sport hurt this much in early in their career?  Then,  have that  that player go on to play mostly injury free for their career? I have not. Injury prone players sadly carry that through out their career. The sad thing with AR is that he probably has only this year to prove he can stay healthy. If not, the Colts will most likely look else where in 2025.

The thing is this defense has given up 363 yards to Williams, 312 yards to Fields and 371 yards to Lawrence. 1,046 yards total to a rookie, a jag and a QB having the worst season of his career.

Now, giving up yards won't necessarily lose you the game, but it does keep our offense off the field and let's their offense move into (at least) FG range more regularly. It's just an outdated approach to football especially when the rules favor offenses now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's be clear on AR and him thinking he is a big guy and can run over people. This maybe true. However, if u look at all of his injuries and review those hits. They were not crushing blows. They were simple football hits. So far in his career, he is made of glass. I love the kid, however have u ever seen a player in any sport hurt this much in early in their career?  Then,  have that  that player go on to play mostly injury free for their career? I have not. Injury prone players sadly carry that through out their career. The sad thing with AR is that he probably has only this year to prove he can stay healthy. If not, the Colts will most likely look else where in 2025.

Matt Stafford

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

The thing is this defense has given up 363 yards to Williams, 312 yards to Fields and 371 yards to Lawrence. 1,046 yards total to a rookie, a jag and a QB having the worst season of his career.

Now, giving up yards won't necessarily lose you the game, but it does keep our offense off the field and let's their offense move into (at least) FG range more regularly. It's just an outdated approach to football especially when the rules favor offenses now.

These are not high powered offenses. We’re in real trouble if we face anything resembling a powerhouse.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I will just say this.  And I said this 7 years ago when most people on this website and others were saying how great Ballard is.  In fact I was banned on one website because I said back then that Ballard was arrogant, conceited, and it was his way of thinking only (Everyone else was an *) and he will never change.   The people on the site were Ballard apologists and banned me as a result. 

So when I heard what he said this fall.....where he said I will "do what I do and if it gets me fired?  So be it?"  I said again PLEASE FIRE HIM.  No one in their right mind who cared about their job would ever say such a thing.  It is almost like he wants to get fired.  Or he is so arrogant that he just thinks it won't happen. 

Life is about adapting.  Not sticking with things that may have worked at one time or maybe have never worked.  And now AR is behaving the same as Ballard.  It is rubbing off on him.   Literally this week he said...and I am paraphrasing..."I will do what I do (not sliding or protecting myself) and if the fans don't like it?  Whatever."

Watch Jayden Daniels.  He runs even more than AR.  But he almost never gets hit.  Why?  Because the coaches have taught him how not to get hit.  It is a necessity in today's NFL.  But not for the Colts.    The Colts have a major malfunction going back all the way to ownership.  I think Irsay is a good guy.  He cares.  He will spend the money.  But he is WAY too forgiving of his employees lack of performance and way too nice.  Ballard should have been gone years ago as I said.  Instead he calls him one of the best GMs ever. 

A guy who has an under 500 win %.  Make that make sense. 

I am sorry but Ballard is a terrible GM and his philosophy of not holding people accountable, of building the trenches in place of positions that really count, and for refusing to ever sign any free agents of note but instead rewarding "his own"...with his own being players that are just average?   It is so outdated that his nickname should be 'Edsel'. 

And the most infuriating thing is he refuses to change.  Just like AR. 

He needs to be fired TODAY.  

Very well written. If and when the team wins a game or two, All the Ballard fans will say See See.  If I had heard AR saying if the fans don't like what I'm doing, whatever. I  would clear out his locker today! We have another Vince Young here. If he gets booed he will hide his head and pout.

We need a youth movement. And honestly IDC if Ballard is here next year or not. We desperately need some young hungry players. Guys like Cross, Womack, Latu, you can see the hunger. Easier to root for a guy learning rather than unmotivated vets. 

Read all of the posts here, interesting stuff.

Understand the fire Gus stuff, but for who, all the pro and college coordinators are off the table as are the assistants. Gus works for Shane, who has to sit him down and give him this piece of advice: " if you don't like change, you are going to hate extinction".

For the Lawrence was sitting there all day crowd, it was brought up mid game he was releasing under 2.5 seconds. The Jags game planned for an off ball defense and quick passes, they were successful throwing 5-10 yard patterns and moving the chains.

The Pierce more, AD less comments, those plays Pierce had have to be play calls, more of them, to more targets.

Tacking, watched very closely every play, The LB's excluding Carlise, don't wrap much, Franklin in particular just lowers his shoulder and hopes his force ends a play, watch for yourself.

AR should tough it out and play.  The Oblique is a large muscle that connects near the hip and all the way up to the shoulder. Many MLB pitchers with Oblique strains, due to throwing motion, take months to get back in action. AR's injury, which seems to be just a bruise, effects all the way to his shoulder, same side that he hurt. The Medical staff know this, and will let him go when he is ready. 

After Fries injury watched Tucker as much as possible. He looked strong, stout, and was, from what I saw a brick wall! should be fine the rest of the year.

AD, tentative? Yes, was at Texas too after the catch. His skill is getting separation, and good hands with high point contested throws, not after the catch stuff, his scheme is hit him early, move the chains, or on double moves deep.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

These are not high powered offenses. We’re in real trouble if we face anything resembling a powerhouse.

Weeks 8-10 are going to be hell. At Texans, at Vikings and Bills at home. Yikes!

• Like 1

The only things that are frustrating to me are Richardson and Taylor not staying healthy. As far as today's game, Jacksonville was bound to eventually win. Jacksonville remains a cursed place. I'm not usually superstitious, but there's something about this city and the Colts.....just can't figure it out. 

In the larger picture, a Colts loss isn't that big a thing. Time to put this behind and get ready for next week. 

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

We need a youth movement. And honestly IDC if Ballard is here next year or not. We desperately need some young hungry players. Guys like Cross, Womack, Latu, you can see the hunger. Easier to root for a guy learning rather than unmotivated vets. 

I think we are one of the youngest teams in the league