Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #3, Bears @ Colts, September 22, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Bears @ Colts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Taylor break 100 yards rushing in this game?

2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 05:15 PM

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Probably not but Flacco is not a long term answer this has been explained to you.  You are just ignoring it because you don’t like it.  He’s a band aide just like Minshew last year.  This team has married itself to Richardson so they have to find out if he’s the guy or not and no seven games is not enough to answer that question.  Again even the Panthers gave Young more than double that.

Flaco isn’t the long-term answer but he is the answer this season. Richardson is horrible with his accuracy. Missing shots that a high school quarterback could make. I don’t understand why so many of you are willing to throw the season away when it’s apparent Richardson isn’t the answer.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Indy said:

I mean, AR missed 13 games due to injury. The opportunity to play was there. He decided to play hero ball and get himself hurt. 

Let's not act like AR isn't the victim of his own ineptitude here. 

“Hero ball” on a designed run play. Did you even watch that game last year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

I mean, AR missed 13 games due to injury. The opportunity to play was there. He decided to play hero ball and get himself hurt. 

Let's not act like AR isn't the victim of his own ineptitude here. 

A big guy feel on him on a designed run that’s not playing hero ball.  Just stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People need to take a breath. Luck had plenty of wth throws his first couple years. The ceiling and the ability to stay resilient at the end of the game matter. AR needs to address the mechanics and the overthrows. But the guy is a rookie. We need to calm down. This isn’t our Superbowl season; however, if they can develop him and see some progress, he has all the intangibles. Let him take his lumps. 

• Like 5

Just now, Dark_Indy said:

He's not a rookie. 

He technically  is a rookie as he got hurt early in rookie season  had to half season ending surgery  and work all off-season to get back to where he was.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

And that's completely fair. But let AR learn the NFL game and it's pace before we try and make him the next Manning.

Wasn't comparing him to Manning. The comparison was about giving them both the full year. Let it ride and throw in all your chips. I just hope they don't bench him and I don't think Steich will.  I believe the team will support him through all of this.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Against one of the more inept teams in the league. Excuse me for not taking the moral victory on that one 

If you don’t like wins, I don’t know what to tell you man. I’d rather beat an inept team than lose to a team in the playoffs any day of the week because one is winning and the other is losing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Flaco isn’t the long-term answer but he is the answer this season. Richardson is horrible with his accuracy. Missing shots that a high school quarterback could make. I don’t understand why so many of you are willing to throw the season away when it’s apparent Richardson isn’t the answer.

They aren’t playing for just this season.  At some point Richardson has to play to learn,  there are going to be learning pains along the way.  If you don’t want to deal with that go cheer for the Chiefs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

if we had a good team I would agree with you .  the problem is ballard's roster stinks so we have no chance even with a upgrade at QB 

Just now, chickenMan said:

“Hero ball” on a designed run play. Did you even watch that game last year?

Yes. I did. The dude finished what, one of the games he started last year? 

Durability is as much of an indicator as anything else. 

If you don’t like wins, I don’t know what to tell you man. I’d rather beat an inept team than lose to a team in the playoffs any day of the week because one is winning and the other is losing

That makes zero sense and is nowhere near what I said. If you can’t make a coherent point, please don’t make things up.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

That makes zero sense and is nowhere near what I said. If you can’t make a coherent point, please don’t make things up.

I did make a point. Even if Joe Flacco wasn’t as bad in tha playoff game, they still lost. That’s what Flacco would do for us this year if we made the playoffs, we would lose, so what is the point of playing him? We need to be playing our young QB. That is the point.

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Ah another 3rd down over throw

Yes, an overthrow that…

Hits the receiver in the hands. 🤔

Taylor has to haul that in, but I really don’t feel like we’re doing him any favors making him run around in the backfield prior to the snap. 

• Like 2

I did make a point. Even if Joe Flacco wasn’t as bad in tha playoff game, they still lost. That’s what Flacco would do for us this year if we made the playoffs, we would lose, so what is the point of playing him? We need to be playing our young QB. That is the point.

I’ve never argued against it. But that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to point out awful play.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

So Anthony many limitations. I get it. 

So why does Shane continue to call pass plays he has zero ability to execute. He just cannot throw screen passes. Remove them from the playbook for Richardson

I never saw a QB over throw so many 3 yard passes in my life

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t playing for just this season.  At some point Richardson has to play to learn,  there are going to be learning pains along the way.  If you don’t want to deal with that go cheer for the Chiefs.

Nay. I’m not a bandwagoner. I’m not gonna put on blinders though when we have terrible quarterback play and I feel that we’re going in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

was that pass to JT an over throw? 

It wasn't a good throw. A work in progress lol. I am actually enjoying this. I think we r going to look back some day and laugh at  how bad he was because he is going to be elite!!!!

• Thanks 1