Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Ballard trade pittman

Stephen

21 hours ago, Zoltan said:

The players aren’t the problem with the defense it’s the Coordinator. Now not moving on from Bradley this offseason, I put that on Ballard and Steichen. The signs were there, but loyalty is gonna bite them in the butt

If you truly believe that please break down each player and tell me who are legit stars on this defense besides Buckner.

15 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

The offensive line played like crap yesterday.  I don’t put that on JT

The weird thing is the analytics seem to put it on JT. The oline graded out really good, with Raimann, Nelson, and Fries grading at elite.

Analytics aren't everything, but JT did seem slow to hit the holes, and his vision seemed off. Maybe he needs glasses. Idk. I also blame the uninspired run calls.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Not yet. But this was a Bad Bad Troll thread.

Worthy of one response like this, not 40+ feed the troll posts.

Nah this was made to get people  talking about how to improve the team. We do need a closer on defense. We also need a te that actually shows up each week in the passing game and our number 1 wr should be able to have more an impact on games like Hilton, wayne, and Harrison did.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since you have your opinion exactly who should be hired to replace them?  .

Nah, They don't have anything because they don't know. Who runs that hiring process? Pete Ward and the Irsay girls? I have a feeling they really like working with Chris and won't like having to do it. Pete's been around for 4 decades and a whole lot of General Managers... If he says he's not interested in doing another GM hire, then they are going to stay as patient as they possibly can until the tide finally turns, knowing how close it's been and the formation of a young and promising core. Folks on here fail to acknowledge that there is a changing of the guard and a whole new generation of owners and fans coming in. They have all the data. They aren't firing Chris until it's necessary. 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since you have your opinion exactly who should be hired to replace them?  .

Here's two interesting names. Both are up and coming coaches, which I think would be the target if the Colts were looking for a new DC.

1. Glenn Schumann Georgia co-defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann: Schumann interviewed with the Eagles before Desai got the job in 2023. Schumann is 32 years old and when Kirby moved to Georgia for the HC job he made sure Schumann went with him as a LB coach. He has been calling plays for since Dan Lanning took the Oregon job. Him interviewing for the Eagles indicates he may be looking for an NFL transition. Heres a quote about him

“(I) call him Rain Man,” Robinson said of Schumann. “He’s very, very intelligent. Very intelligent, sees everything, has really good ideas and he does a really good job in front of the guys. I think the guys really respect him. He does a good job of delegating different things to the staff and giving them ownership in their job.

2. Chiefs' Brendan Daly Linebacker coach: Recently moved from DL coach to Linebacker coach after the LB coach left. He previously was defensive line coach and run-game coordinator from 2019-21 for the chiefs and DL coach for the Patriots from 2014-2018. He has been coaching since 2006 primarily under Belichick He approached Reid about the move to LB coach because he wanted a challenge, with Spags solidified as DC he may be looking for the next step as DC outside of KC. Downside is he hasn't called plays so he would need a clear vision of the defense during interviews yet with his history of working with elite defensive coaches Belichick and Spagnuolo. They clearly like something about him and may be looking for his opportunity.

Now I'm sure as the season goes on there will be other names slowly added to this list.

No, as I am not sure there is really a market plus you would get crushed with a huge cap hit because they just signed him. I  was on record last year  that I wouldn't have signed him to a long term deal. I said I would have waited and see what Richardson could do with Pierce and Mitchell, as I felt they are way more physically talented and fit Richardson's arm and what he likes to do with the ball.  So, I said dont sign Nelson long term and to  wait a year. I said dont sign Leonard to an extension and they did. Hmmmmmmmmm...intersting

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No, as I am not sure there is really a market plus you would get crushed with a huge cap hit because they just signed him. I  was on record last year  that I wouldn't have signed him to a long term deal. I said I would have waited and see what Richardson could do with Pierce and Mitchell, as I felt they are way more physically talented and fit Richardson's arm and what he likes to do with the ball.  So, I said dont sign Nelson long term and to  wait a year. I said dont sign Leonard to an extension and they did. Hmmmmmmmmm...intersting

Interesting indeed.  Pittman signed before Mitchell was drafted.   

On 9/9/2024 at 11:33 AM, shasta519 said:

They actually can't trade MPJ without incurring $15M in dead cap this year (which is most of what they have remaining).

But beyond that, no. MPJ is the guy for the next 3 years regardless. He's also by far the best WR on this team.

To the bolded, if true, that is a big concern because so far this season, MPJ is not showing much at all. :(

It is disturbing to me also, seems like the effort is minimal most of the time so far this year. I sure hope it is not only if he happens to be the #1 read in a play called. I saw on JT O'Sullivans breakdown of Richardson's game against Houston some lazy, sloppy evidence of disinterest a team captain should be showing.

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm not sure what's going on Pitt honestly. He looks disinterested. Why didn't he jump to get the 41 yard td? He just let the corner get to the ball without trying

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm not sure what's going on Pitt honestly. He looks disinterested. Why didn't he jump to get the 41 yard td? He just let the corner get to the ball without trying

I’m more disappointed in AD actually.  He’s getting a chance to play early and he’s showing a prima donna attitude.  I know AR has missed him a few times but he’s taking plays off and not playing hard.  Now he has a few drops.  I don’t like his body language on the field.  I’m looking forward to Downs returning and him returning to the bench.