Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help!

43 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Help me out guys and girls.. Me and my lady are flying in Saturday for game one..  what is some cool things for us to do outside of watching us go 1-0 … restaurants, attractions, date ideas

1st timer into Indy must do the shrimp cocktail at St Elmo or Harry and Izzy’s. 

State law requires it

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

State law requires it

19 minutes ago, twfish said:

Go to the children's museum. It sounds pretty boring and for kids but it's awesome there and a guarantee your lady will love it.

Listen to the wisdom of these two. 

St. Elmo’s is just special. 

And the Children’s Museum has such a great outdoor area. They even have a decent putt putt golf section that’s basically a par 3 course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Help me out guys and girls.. Me and my lady are flying in Saturday for game one..  what is some cool things for us to do outside of watching us go 1-0 … restaurants, attractions, date ideas

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

State law requires it

St Elmo’s has a dress code, Harry and Izzy’s is casual wear. They share a menu and a kitchen, separated only by a wall between the two. 

10x recommend the shrimp cocktail and the Bourbon bread pudding

7 hours ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

I’d also recommend a horse carriage ride around the Soldiers/Sailors monument on the circle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

St Elmo’s has a dress code, Harry and Izzy’s is casual wear. They share a menu and a kitchen, separated only by a wall between the two. 

10x recommend the shrimp cocktail and the Bourbon bread pudding

I’d also recommend a horse carriage ride around the Soldiers/Sailors monument on the circle. 

St Elmo’s isn’t uptight on dress- I’ve never been in anything more than casual, and have been in several times in Colts apparel on gameday. Saw Coby Fleener after a game one time. 

Sunday is going to be awesome weather, so anything to get out and around town is a great idea. 

Edit: I had to check on the dress code because I didn’t think they had one. They do not. Their website says they welcome it all, shorts, jeans, you name it. St Elmo’s is the chillest nice restaurant I’ve ever been to. It’s a true Hoosier gem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

@jskinnzcovered it. Regarding St. Elmo, you can wear jeans and a nice shirt. Get the Shrimp to start, and a Ribeye, bake potato with Butter to finish. You won't be disappointed. I get my steak medium well. 

• Like 1

Food:

1.) St.Elmos (expensive option)
2.) Ale emporium has great food! One of my favorites but it’s not downtown.

Things to do:

1.) Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and take a tour. Believe they have them everyday.

2.)NCAA Hall of Champions

3.)Children’s Museum

9 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

St Elmo’s isn’t uptight on dress- I’ve never been in anything more than casual, and have been in several times in Colts apparel on gameday. Saw Coby Fleener after a game one time. 

Sunday is going to be awesome weather, so anything to get out and around town is a great idea. 

Edit: I had to check on the dress code because I didn’t think they had one. They do not. Their website says they welcome it all, shorts, jeans, you name it. St Elmo’s is the chillest nice restaurant I’ve ever been to. It’s a true Hoosier gem. 

That’s great!

we go to Harry and Izzy’s every year for our anniversary dinner and usually during Christmas season too. We went to the St Elmo’s side probably 10 years ago now, back then they did have a dress code, shirt and tie for men, dinner dress attire for women. Even made sure to tell me when I made the reservation.

glad to hear they’ve changed it though! 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@jskinnzcovered it. Regarding St. Elmo, you can wear jeans and a nice shirt. Get the Shrimp to start, and a Ribeye, bake potato with Butter to finish. You won't be disappointed. I get my steak medium well. 

So ruined then?

Rare is the only way to eat steak. I will die on this hill if I have to.

Medium-rare is the most I would allow. No joke, if you go to a nice place in France and try to order a steak anything above medium, there is a high probability the chef will say no.

6 hours ago, Bravo said:

Food:

1.) St.Elmos (expensive option)
2.) Ale emporium has great food! One of my favorites but it’s not downtown.

Things to do:

1.) Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and take a tour. Believe they have them everyday.

2.)NCAA Hall of Champions

3.)Children’s Museum

Indy Museum is closed and not doing tours at the moment 

26 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

So ruined then?

Medium-rare is the most I would allow. No joke, if you go to a nice place in France and try to order a steak anything above medium, there is a high probability the chef will say no.

Reminds me of Hank Hill.

"What if they ask for well done?" 

"We politely, yet firmly ask them to leave."

Hank Hill Smh GIF

Medium Rare is my preference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

If St Elmo's is not your thing, and the significant is yearning for seafood, I recommend Rick's Boatyard Cafe on the near northwest side next to Eagle Creek Reservoir.

https://ricksboatyard.com/

If you are staying an extra day before or after, I’d check out Johns Famous Stew or the Workingmans Friend! Unfortunately they are both closed on Sundays for some reason! 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

That’s great!

we go to Harry and Izzy’s every year for our anniversary dinner and usually during Christmas season too. We went to the St Elmo’s side probably 10 years ago now, back then they did have a dress code, shirt and tie for men, dinner dress attire for women. Even made sure to tell me when I made the reservation.

glad to hear they’ve changed it though! 

That's interesting. Might have been specific time you went. My dad took me the first time back in the early-mid 2000s, probably 2005 or 06. I've never once wore a tie at St. Elmos. 

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

So ruined then?

It's not France, it's Indianapolis... 

And you can die on it all you want, it doesn't make you right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It's not France, it's Indianapolis... 

And you can die on it all you want, it doesn't make you right.

Im not really that overly fussed about it - tongue was mostly in the side of my cheek saying that.

I just personally dont understand anything over medium-rare, you are removing all the flavor. It's like people who say they like coffee, but then add a gallon of milk to their coffee.... bro you just dont like coffee.

Again, im not really that fussed about it, was only messin around :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Im not really that overly fussed about it - tongue was mostly in the side of my cheek saying that.

I just personally dont understand anything over medium-rare, you are removing all the flavor. It's like people who say they like coffee, but then add a gallon of milk to their coffee.... bro you just dont like coffee.

Again, im not really that fussed about it, was only messin around :)

I don't disagree. Medium Rare 100% of the time for me. 

And I especially agree with coffee. You like caffeine with warm milk and sugar. 

• Like 1

If it's a nice day, I'd recommend a walking tour.  Indianapolis has an interesting city and it's nice to learn a bit about it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=walking+tours+indianapolis&sca_esv=4b48ab93829afc9b&source=hp&ei=6OHZZqa-L5O2ptQP0d7ZoQg&iflsig=AL9hbdgAAAAAZtnv-HkEQT7Gp4mrQLC6o3bOP8ixn3TU&ved=0ahUKEwim0uj6oayIAxUTm4kEHVFvNoQQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=walking+tours+indianapolis&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Ihp3YWxraW5nIHRvdXJzIGluZGlhbmFwb2xpczIFEAAYgAQyBhAAGBYYHjIGEAAYFhgeMgYQABgWGB4yBhAAGBYYHjIIEAAYgAQYogRIqStQAFjaKXAAeACQAQGYAbsCoAHHIqoBCDQuMTQuNy4xuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIZoALUIsICChAAGIAEGEMYigXCAgsQABiABBiRAhiKBcICDRAuGIAEGEMY1AIYigXCAgsQABiABBixAxiDAcICERAuGIAEGLEDGNEDGIMBGMcBwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAg0QABiABBixAxhDGIoFwgIZEC4YgAQYsQMY0QMYQxiDARjHARjJAxiKBcICFhAuGIAEGLEDGNEDGEMYgwEYxwEYigXCAgsQABiABBiSAxiKBcICDhAAGIAEGLEDGIMBGIoFwgIQEC4YgAQYsQMYQxiDARiKBcICCBAAGIAEGMkDwgIIEAAYgAQYkgPCAhAQLhiABBixAxhDGNQCGIoFwgIQEAAYgAQYsQMYQxiDARiKBcICCxAuGIAEGLEDGNQCwgIFEC4YgATCAggQABgWGB4YD5gDAJIHCDIuMTQuOC4xoAeBxQE&sclient=gws-wiz

You can go up to the top of the soldiers and sailors monument in monument circle https://www.visitindy.com/listing/soldiers-%26-sailors-monument-monument-circle/5786/e

Tour the Benjamin Harrison House https://bhpsite.org/

The James Whitcomb Riley house. https://rileymuseumhome.org/visit/

I'm a history nerd so I love all these things https://www.visitindy.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/history-buffs/

You can also visit the bottle works district.  It's a repurposed coca cola bottling factory.  Lots of restaurants and what not

https://www.visitindy.com/listing/bottleworks-hotel/384611/

You could also combine touring with eating :) Enjoy!

https://indianapolisfoodtours.com/mass_avenue.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

So ruined then?

I never do well done, that I will agree on. With Medium I have always got good steaks. Medium Well and Well done makes a big difference. I am not eating anything that is bloody lol.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never do well done, that I will agree on. With Medium I have always got good steaks. Medium Well and Well done makes a big difference. I am not eating anything that is bloody lol.

There isn't blood in a rare steak.  The red liquid is myoglobin.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There isn't blood in a rare steak.  The red liquid is myoglobin.   

I still like mine cooked a little. Last steak I had was at Texas Roadhouse and I got it Medium Well, it was perfect. A little red on the inside but tender and tasted great and cooked enough. That was about a month ago.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nadine said:

If it's a nice day, I'd recommend a walking tour.  Indianapolis has an interesting city and it's nice to learn a bit about it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=walking+tours+indianapolis&sca_esv=4b48ab93829afc9b&source=hp&ei=6OHZZqa-L5O2ptQP0d7ZoQg&iflsig=AL9hbdgAAAAAZtnv-HkEQT7Gp4mrQLC6o3bOP8ixn3TU&ved=0ahUKEwim0uj6oayIAxUTm4kEHVFvNoQQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=walking+tours+indianapolis&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Ihp3YWxraW5nIHRvdXJzIGluZGlhbmFwb2xpczIFEAAYgAQyBhAAGBYYHjIGEAAYFhgeMgYQABgWGB4yBhAAGBYYHjIIEAAYgAQYogRIqStQAFjaKXAAeACQAQGYAbsCoAHHIqoBCDQuMTQuNy4xuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIZoALUIsICChAAGIAEGEMYigXCAgsQABiABBiRAhiKBcICDRAuGIAEGEMY1AIYigXCAgsQABiABBixAxiDAcICERAuGIAEGLEDGNEDGIMBGMcBwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAg0QABiABBixAxhDGIoFwgIZEC4YgAQYsQMY0QMYQxiDARjHARjJAxiKBcICFhAuGIAEGLEDGNEDGEMYgwEYxwEYigXCAgsQABiABBiSAxiKBcICDhAAGIAEGLEDGIMBGIoFwgIQEC4YgAQYsQMYQxiDARiKBcICCBAAGIAEGMkDwgIIEAAYgAQYkgPCAhAQLhiABBixAxhDGNQCGIoFwgIQEAAYgAQYsQMYQxiDARiKBcICCxAuGIAEGLEDGNQCwgIFEC4YgATCAggQABgWGB4YD5gDAJIHCDIuMTQuOC4xoAeBxQE&sclient=gws-wiz

You can go up to the top of the soldiers and sailors monument in monument circle https://www.visitindy.com/listing/soldiers-%26-sailors-monument-monument-circle/5786/e

Tour the Benjamin Harrison House https://bhpsite.org/

The James Whitcomb Riley house. https://rileymuseumhome.org/visit/

I'm a history nerd so I love all these things https://www.visitindy.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/history-buffs/

You can also visit the bottle works district.  It's a repurposed coca cola bottling factory.  Lots of restaurants and what not

https://www.visitindy.com/listing/bottleworks-hotel/384611/

You could also combine touring with eating :) Enjoy!

https://indianapolisfoodtours.com/mass_avenue.html

The Museum is pretty cool too. My cousin and her husband took me there a couple months ago. They have great food there too. I had their Club Sandwich and it was a amazing. The art there is pretty cool too. Some of the paintings were impressive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Indy Museum is closed and not doing tours at the moment 

You can still do a behind the scenes tour of the track and pit area. Just can’t get into the museum I believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That's interesting. Might have been specific time you went. My dad took me the first time back in the early-mid 2000s, probably 2005 or 06. I've never once wore a tie at St. Elmos. 

It was for Valentines week so that could have been a factor too

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Museum is pretty cool too. My cousin and her husband took me there a couple months ago. They have great food there too. I had their Club Sandwich and it was an amazing. The art there is pretty cool too. Some of the paintings were impressive.

Cant wait to see what it looks like when they get it done too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Museum is pretty cool too. My cousin and her husband took me there a couple months ago. They have great food there too. I had their Club Sandwich and it was a amazing. The art there is pretty cool too. Some of the paintings were impressive.

NewFields? I do love their new beer garden. Restaurant is very nice.  I love the new Clowes exhibit..  That's a nice part of Indy history as well.

I haven't been to the Dali exhibit because his art is disturbing to me..which I don't enjoy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nadine said:

NewFields? I do love their new beer garden. Restaurant is very nice.  I love the new Clowes exhibit..  That's a nice part of Indy history as well.

I haven't been to the Dali exhibit because his art is disturbing to me..which I don't enjoy

Oh that beer garden is underrated. Any time we visit family in Indy we go there to catch up. 

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I used to do straight shots of espresso when I worked the McCafe machine at McDonald’s (don’t worry I always paid before hand lol). 

I learned quickly I was one of the “others” who actually liked the pure bitterness of coffee. Probably why I can drink IPAs all day long and eat 100% cocoa chocolate lol…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ribeye ?

Medium rare all the way

If you are going to pay expensive Steak house prices, never get anything more than medium.   The quality of steak is is brought down to chain house steaks beyond that.   Why spend 100 at St Elmos when you can get the same for 25 at Texas roadhouse?  The quality of the steak gets cooked out.  You could order a 500 dollar wagu steak, if it's beyond medium,  you should have went to sizzler