Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Colts Week 1 Predictions

danlhart87

On 8/28/2024 at 12:45 PM, ADnum1 said:

I'm surprised the Colts are getting such little respect from Vegas.

Home team normally gets -3.0 but vegas has Texans at -2.5.

So vegas is saying Texans win this game by 5.5 points

Strange 

No,  they are saying the spread at Indy is Texans -2.5.   If it were at a neutral site, then it would be -5.5

Id really like the colts to control the time of possession in this game. If ss wants to be a GREAT coach, he can scheme this up and not give houston 8+ drives with the football. Control the clock, control the game. We got the running back and line to take advantage of exactly that. I hope the colts make it happen, all i know is it should be close either way. CONTROL THE CLOCK! NO RHYTM FOR STROUD. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

Id really like the colts to control the time of possession in this game. If ss wants to be a GREAT coach, he can scheme this up and not give houston 8+ drives with the football. Control the clock, control the game. We got the running back and line to take advantage of exactly that. I hope the colts make it happen, all i know is it should be close either way. CONTROL THE CLOCK! NO RHYTM FOR STROUD. 

is this almost like playing brady again?

On 8/30/2024 at 2:01 AM, 4daUColts said:

Id be more run based in this game as well because of the Texans pass rushers.  Not only that but just they haven't done a great job of stopping us in the past.  I'd go with the RPO game, various runs with JT and the QB runs with Ant.  I think we'll be successful with that and it will allow us to have a consistent and aggressive downfield passing game as well.  Just lean on them all day and possess the ball.  We don't really have to be in a big rush because we've got the guns to keep pace if they score here and there.  I've looked back and forth at a few things between our games with them from last year and the playoff game they had with Lamar Jackson to see problems he gave them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Colts 38

Texans 34

Texans lead 34-14 with 5 minutes to play. Colts come back. Gay misses FG in OT but flag is thrown on Texans for “leaping”. Gay makes subsequent FG to win it (although it bounces off post)..

This isn’t madden no way Colts score 20 points under 5 mins lol. I also think both Os will be rusty since it’s week 1.

6 hours ago, JediXMan said:

This isn’t madden no way Colts score 20 points under 5 mins lol. I also think both Os will be rusty since it’s week 1.

It was a joke, based on the 2003 Monday night game with Tampa Bay (they actually led 35-14 with 5 minutes to go).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I just feel our pass rush will be as effective as we need and with our DB's it could be a long day.

I sure hope its different and us fans deserve an opening day win. I would have to say 30-14 Texans  

We'll see if the Texans still like our guys as much as Ballard does -- the Colts (as I'm sure you know) with this same set of starting CBs in our final game last season allowed Stroud to connect on 20-26 (76.9%) with 10.5 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, and no INTs. With the Texans upgraded WR core, we at least shouldn't see the Nico Collins one-man show again (9 catches, 195 yards). This is a perfect opportunity to show improvement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

We'll see if the Texans still like our guys as much as Ballard does -- the Colts (as I'm sure you know) with this same set of starting CBs in our final game last season allowed Stroud to connect on 20-26 (76.9%) with 10.5 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, and no INTs. With the Texans upgraded WR core, we at least shouldn't see the Nico Collins one-man show again (9 catches, 195 yards). This is a perfect opportunity to show improvement. 

I believe Blackmon didn’t play in that game.

30-7 Texans, "Our DB's are who we thought they were, and we let AR off the hook!" or..... 24-17 Colts in a season opening stunner as Colts fan forget what it means to win week 1 and demand a parade around the Manning statue....  Really no idea who or what we are, for now were still undefeated and I look forward to finding out how long we can stay that way!

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 2:54 PM, luv_pony_express said:

Texans 30

Colts 20

I think Stroud and his receiving corps are going to expose our secondary.

Ya but dont be to surprised if they fall off a cliff either. Tank dell and nico have only had 1 good year each. I expect dalton schultz and diggs to get the maority of catches sunday. However much that may be...

texans have ALOT of hype to live up to, more than anyone in the league

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, 3-point home underdogs are 10-11-1 (straight up) in Week 1 over the last 15 years.  That’s a 48% win %.  Maybe it’s pride and enthusiasm kicking in, or maybe I parsed it out until it’s meaningless (like a shortstop’s batting average in home night games against RHPs in the second week of July with a game temperature below 75° on a day the Dow Jones closed up by 0.25% - 0.50%).  But, as far as Vegas is concerned, the Colts could very well win this game.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

For what it’s worth, 3-point home underdogs are 10-11-1 (straight up) in Week 1 over the last 15 years.  That’s a 48% win %.  Maybe it’s pride and enthusiasm kicking in, or maybe I parsed it out until it’s meaningless (like a shortstop’s batting average in home night games against RHPs in the second week of July with a game temperature below 75° on a day the Dow Jones closed up by 0.25% - 0.50%).  But, as far as Vegas is concerned, the Colts could very well win this game.

The ESPN predicter has the Texans at 53% winning, Colts at 47%. That is pretty close. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 2:27 PM, OLD FAN MAN said:

nick caserio has put together a very good roster since 2021 for the texans . i dont see the colts beating them this season with ballards present roster. caserio learned from the pats how to build a winning roster

I think we can beat them atleast once. Probably  not this week as we typically  have slow starts

11 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

Ya but dont be to surprised if they fall off a cliff either. Tank dell and nico have only had 1 good year each. I expect dalton schultz and diggs to get the maority of catches sunday. However much that may be...

texans have ALOT of hype to live up to, more than anyone in the league

imo caserio has added the talent to live up to the hype

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

I think we can beat them atleast once. Probably  not this week as we typically  have slow starts

Hopefully this year is different.  The starting 22 are all returning and they all know the play book and all played for Steichen last year.  Maybe continuity and familiarity pay off.

I'm predicting we are going to play more press coverage this week. That's what you do against a squad like this. Get your hands on them and reroute. Break up the timing! That's what the Pats always did to us. Probably some simulated blitzes as well. Anything that gets the QB hesitating and rushing.

• Like 1

Matt Gay injury changes things. This new kicker was only 68% in college and is a huge question mark. It’s going to be interesting what the Colts do when they have to choose between going for it or taking 48yd+ FGs

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 3:15 PM, Hark said:

Cots 28 Texans 20. The teams are pretty even, but I think the Colts will be the more motivated team after last year's season-ending loss.

Houston has a proven laser guided missle at QB and they added Diggs.

And they are legit contenders to make the AFC Championship game.

Does anyone out there in the real world expect us to make the playoffs. NO

But like you I think we could win.

Gonna take more like a few penalty, no turnover game, with our receivers running the right routes. lol