Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Discussion Thread ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

We sure Ballard is making these picks lol?? Two guys with concerns. Love it but not typical of Ballard. I think he knows he needs  play makers and is swinging for the  fences. Like it. Whether Ballard makes it into next year. He is sure making it interesting lol.

Trying to trade up in the 1st round and drafting a player with character concerns, I think there is an imposter calling the shots lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Trying to trade up in the 1st round and drafting a player with character concerns, I think there is an imposter calling the shots lol.

Its about frigging time. People harp on me for being hard on Ballard. This is what I wanted to see out of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Oh, lord, Colts take Adonai Mitchell

(that's a joke, for those of you who know Hebrew)

I know some Hebrew, but don't know that. Tell me.

"Ani lo medaberet ivrit"

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Is it just me or is Mitchell rated higher than the dude the bills picked first tonight?!

Yes he is, higher than Legette and McConkey and Coleman and Polk who went ahead of him in terms of pure talent.

I remember the Pacers taking a flier on Lance Stephenson following a first rounder Paul George from Fresno State, a lesser known program, both those swings for the fences paid off.

This draft kind of reminds me of that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes he is, higher than Legette and McConkey and Coleman and Polk who went ahead of him in terms of pure talent.

I remember the Pacers taking a flier on Lance Stephenson following a first rounder Paul George from Fresno State, a lesser known program, both those swings for the fences paid off.

This draft kind of reminds me of that.

So what was the red flag for him to drop so far.  Work ethic?  Can’t be diabetes.

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Linebacker? Offensive line depth?

No linebackers I like will be available I think, I'm thinking we will see linebackers with those 5th rounders we picked up. OL could make sense

Just now, richard pallo said:

So what was the red flag for him to drop so far.  Work ethic?  Can’t be diabetes.

Anger issues and possible lack of work ethic. I heard he takes plays off if he doesn't get the ball.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yep, work ethic and his diabetes affecting his attitude sometimes 

Not mad at all about this draft so far. Assuming Wilson and Colson are gone, I’m guessing either CB or O line depth in the 3rd. Unless they really like one of the safeties.

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Its about frigging time. People harp on me for being hard on Ballard. This is what I wanted to see out of him.

Totally agree. I think the debacle of the 2022 season may have gave him pause to reassess what he is doing. Glad that he is being more aggressive because he has always been a good talent evaluator.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would go OL.

I would definitely draft the best corner available... look at what we have to face in our division now... we need secondary help more than anything right now IMO...  Latu yesterday can also drop in coverage

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Good Ballard seems to be looking beyond these stuff...

Ballard now seems destined to draft talents irrespective of flags, medical or others... 

This tells me that the seat maybe warmer than most people think. He needs play makers and time to gamble a little. Steichen also has that Philly mindset

• Like 3