Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick #46/ #82 What's Available Day 2? Discussion

w87r

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So the thought that Ballard was much more interested in moving up this year seems true. Anyways...

My dream scenario today is Troy Franklin and then Cole Bishop.  Or Edgerrin Cooper then Tez Walker 

1 minute ago, wig said:

So the thought that Ballard was much more interested in moving up this year seems true. Anyways...

My dream scenario today is Troy Franklin and then Cole Bishop.  Or Edgerrin Cooper then Tez Walker 

Tez day 3 guy imo. I’m all for cooper tho. Cooper or a corner should sealed the defense up and then focus on OL depth. After how the draft fell I’m all for going D in the 2nd & 3rd. Hoping this will give Ballard the green light to take that stud offensive playmaker next year. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Wilson IMO is too much like Downs. Not sure we would want to pick another predominantly slot player. 

IMO the players that make the most sense at WR are - AD Mitchell, Ladd(he again plays a bit of slot, but he's also a bit more versatile, he's played about 75% of his snaps in other alignments), Troy Franklin - he can be a Z for us... Jermaine Burton?!? if he's cleared character-wise?? I like Malik Washington but he's predominantly slot too so not sure he's a fit here. 

BTW... this guy is projected as a day 3 pick... but because of the general lack of that type of player after Troy Franklin(fast Z) I can see him being pushed up... maybe get drafted mid-late R3 - he's like budget version of Xavier Worthy- Anthony Gould. 

Maybe DeVontez Walker? Although he had such a bad Senior Bowl, I'd be surprised if Ballard goes for him. 

I like Jalen Coker as well. He's not as speedy as Franklin or Gould, but then he also has 30 lbs on them.

image.png.2e0a8dd5a7c5735d9cd6207886b27c76.png

29 minutes ago, wig said:

I like bishop. But I also like Cooper. I see a good chance of doubling up defensively. Either are needs in my opinion. I think cooper has the higher potential. I could also see an attempts trading up for someone at the top of the round they  really like since they preserved the capital with an unsuccessful attempt last night. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I like Jalen Coker as well. He's not as speedy as Franklin or Gould, but then he also has 30 lbs on them.

Haven't watched him. What does he play like? Does he project as an X? Possession X? 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Haven't watched him. What does he play like? Does he project as an X? Possession X? 

Well, looking at his RAS you'd think X, but PFF has him with an ADOT of 15.1 in 2023 and 15.7 in 2022 which I don't think really matches with what you'd expect from a typical X?

I think he's intriguing, but I'm not sure he has the speed we want.

2 hours ago, KB said:

I hope we grab both of the remaining University of Washington WRs. Polk and McMillian would round out the WR room well.

I think either of the two would be pretty good picks.

58 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Yea but we don’t just need any receiver. Many that are left have been productive from the slot, which I think were good with downs. Not many outside guys left that don’t have huge warts. Coleman should be nicknamed Christmas due to his speed. Franklin has a problem dropping the ball. If we needed a slot, yes there’s plenty of those available. 

Correct.  Most of the speed guys left are more suited to the slot, or are straight line guys, like AP.  That's why the draft wasn't as deep at WR as advertised and was more of a top end draft...from a Colts perspective.  JMO.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Coker reminds me of MPJ. I believe Steve Smith loves him. I like him, but I'm not sure if he's what we need.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Well, looking at his RAS you'd think X, but PFF has him with an ADOT of 15.1 in 2023 and 15.7 in 2022 which I don't think really matches with what you'd expect from a typical X?

I think he's intriguing, but I'm not sure he has the speed we want.

He seems a bit... Alec Pierce-ish to me in the way he's used on this video. But he tested at like... 4.57. To be honest not really sure how I feel about this. This kind of looks like a player that benefited from low level of competition. But again, this is on very surface level of viewing on my part. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

He seems a bit... Alec Pierce-ish to me in the way he's used on this video. But he tested at like... 4.57. To be honest not really sure how I feel about this. This kind of looks like a player that benefited from low level of competition. 

Yeah I was thinking that too - it may just be a case of him being better than everyone else at this level.

Edit: Dammit, I'm out of reactions for the day, lol. We haven't even gotten to the draft thread yet. Sheesh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah I was thinking that too - it may just be a case of him being better than everyone else at this level.

Edit: Dammit, I'm out of reactions for the day, lol. We haven't even gotten to the draft thread yet. Sheesh.

Haha, I reached my limit for the first time last year after we drafted AR and I went on liking spree :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Solid84 you must be kicking yourself for changing Latu to Turner in your draft contest.  :) 

You have no idea, lol. 😂

I thought: There's something about Latu you just can't pass up, but Ballard will go for athletic upside, so Turner. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You have no idea, lol. 😂

I thought: There's something about Latu you just can't pass up, but Ballard will go for athletic upside, so Turner. 🤦‍♂️

How many PAC 12 OL went in Round 1? How many Big 12 and how many SEC?

Just trying to understand the competition Latu played and who he went against. You touched upon pressures and pressure percentages as lacking with Colts DL, Ballard heard it  :) and Latu is at the top there.

Buckner having reworked his contract, Ballard is open to signing veteran free agents or trade. An example is Brandon Aiyuk, since the 49ers drafted Ricky Pearsall. Alot depends on Steichen's vision on how to max out his offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

Buckner having reworked his contract, Ballard is open to signing veteran free agents or trade. An example is Brandon Aiyuk, since the 49ers drafted Ricky Pearsall. Alot depends on Steichen's vision on how to max out his offense.

Would you trade pick 46 for Aiyuk if we extended him right away?

2 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

I would rather shoot to trade the third round pick even if it cost a extra pick next year

It would depend on the pick next year. If it's a 4th, I do it in a heartbeat. If it's a 3rd, I'd probably rather trade the 2nd this year. Of course trading the 3rd gives us an opportunity to trade down and get a pick or two back moving down from 46.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I could see a Ryan Flournoy on day 3. He's one of those RAS guys.

One name that everybody on this forum has ignored is Xavier Weaver from Colorado. He's got the right height and runs close to 4.3. I watched pretty much every Colorado game bc of Deion. He is a pretty good deep threat if we don't take anybody in round 2. Good with the ball after the catch as well. Plays inside and outside. Also special teams. I can tell you confidently he can play.

4 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

In fantasy world we could get DeJean with second round pick and trade third and whatever it takes to get Aiyuk. Think that would qualify as a home run draft.

That would be awesome.  If Ballard tried hard to trade up for a WR I would think he would be aggressive in going after Aiyuk.  

THE NBC Sports 2nd round mock draft has

@33 Bills WR's Mitchell

#34 Patriots WR McConkey  

#35 Cardinals -CB Mckinstry

#37 Chargers - CB Dejean

#38 Titans - LB Cooper ( several sites have Cooper to the Titans.)

#39 Panthers  OL Powers-Johnson

#40 Redskins CB TJ Tampa

#41 Packers LB Colson

#42 Texans DT- Newton

#46 Colts S Tyler Nubin.

PFFmocks CB Rakestraw 

The Athletic[  CB Max Melton

NFL,com  WR Roman Wilson

CBS Sports - CB TJ Tampa

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

THE NBC Sports 2nd round mock draft has

@33 Bills WR's Mitchell

#34 Patriots WR McConkey  

#35 Cardinals -CB Mckinstry

#37 Chargers - CB Dejean

#38 Titans - LB Cooper

#39 Panthers  OL Powers-Johnson

#40 Redskins CB TJ Tampa

#41 Packers LB Colson

#42 Texans DT- Newton

#46 Colts S Tyler Nubin.

Did we show interest in Nubin? I remember Calen Bullock this early.

17 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Did we show interest in Nubin? I remember Calen Bullock this early.

I do not believe he was a top 30 visit for the Colts. I have seen in a few different places that his skill set is a good fit for the Colts. Many consider him to be the top safety in the draft.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IndyEV said:

I’m kinda wondering if Irsay is * at Ballard for not doing whatever it takes to trade up for MHjr!? Now, we just got to settle for a low end draft wr that is only psquad worthy!

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I do not believe he was a top 30 visit for the Colts. I have seen in a few different places that his skill set is a good fit for the Colts. Many consider him to be the top safety in the draft.

Yeah I know who Nubin is, I was just curious about the draft visits. My personal top Safety is Cole Bishop. Hope we get him in the 3rd round.

A sneaky pick I could see happening if he's there at 46 is Jackson Powers Johnson.  The OL is too expensive. They could play him at RG this year and let Kelly go in the off season or plug him in at center and save $10m by cutting Kelly

• Like 2

Alright so the Colts have (2) of the next 50 picks:(unless we traded back, but in most likely good would still have 2 in next 50.

Best available:(no particular order)

WR:(11)

Mitchell 

Mcconkey 

Franklin 

Polk

Wilson

Corley

Coleman

Baker

Burton 

Washington 

Walker 

CB:(8)

Kool-Aid

Melton 

Dejean

Rakestraw 

Tampa

Jackson

Lassiter 

Hart

S:(7)

Bullard

Nubin 

Hicks

Taylor-Demerson 

Bishop

Green

Kinchens 

LB:(5)

Cooper

Wilson

Colson

Gray

Trotter Jr 

DL:(5)

Newton

Fiske

Jenkins

Isaac

Sweat 

OL:(6)

Jackson-Powers

Haynes

Beebe

Frazier 

Puni

Van Pran 

There is 42 players

This isn't including all kinds of guys at other positions that will go in the next 50 picks.

So more than likely 2 of the guys on this list could end up on the Colts next season.

Miss anyone? 

Anyone shouldn't be on the list?

Like I said there is probably 10-15 players not even at these positions that will probably be locked in that 50.

So some of these could end up around 4th round pick range.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

Alright so the Colts have (2) of the next 50 picks:(unless we traded back, but in most likely good would still have 2 in next 50.

Best available:(no particular order)

WR:(11)

Mitchell 

Mcconkey 

Franklin 

Polk

Wilson

Corley

Coleman

Baker

Burton 

Washington 

Walker 

CB:(8)

Kool-Aid

Melton 

Dejean

Rakestraw 

Tampa

Jackson

Lassiter 

Hart

S:(7)

Bullard

Nubin 

Hicks

Taylor-Demerson 

Bishop

Green

Kinchens 

LB:(5)

Cooper

Wilson

Colson

Gray

Trotter Jr 

DL:(5)

Newton

Fiske

Jenkins

Isaac

Sweat 

OL:(6)

Jackson-Powers

Haynes

Beebe

Frazier 

Puni

Van Pran 

There is 42 players

This isn't including all kinds of guys at other positions that will go in the next 50 picks.

So more than likely 2 of the guys on this list could end up on the Colts next season.

Miss anyone? 

Anyone shouldn't be on the list?

Like I said there is probably 10-15 players not even at these positions that will probably be locked in that 50.

So some of these could end up around 4th round pick range.

Great list!   Hopefully this calms some in the crowd who think most of the talent is already gone.  

Where it will get really different is tomorrow.   Things will dry up pretty quickly after about the first 50 picks on Saturday.  After that the remains will be pretty slim pickings.   

• Like 1