Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

Misc..Jeremiah's biggest draft board risers 1) DT Newton , 2) CB McKinstry 3)WR McConkey 4) WR Worthy. All into the late first round.

Also the betting odds on the number of expected trades in the first round is 6.5. They list the Colts as one of the trades - as a trade down. - Sports betting news article.

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think we just don't remember the ones that get released because they don't last long. Examples(not sure they fit the contract part)...

Colts signed Sean Davis(S) on April 1 and they released him on August 31. 

Same year - Colts re-signed Joey Hunt on March 29 and he was released him on August 31.

Colts signed Armani Watts(S) on April 5 and released him on August 30. 

Same year - Colts sign Brandon King(LB) on April 12, he was released on August 30. 

Colts re-signed Khalid Kareem on March 27. He was released on August 29. 

So yeah... it happens more often than you think. We just don't remember them. 

Question.  We’re not most of these players signed to minimum or near minimum contracts?  

Davis 2/14 and Bryan 1/4.5

Didn't most (all?) of the players you listed sign for roughly close to vet minimum?   Just asking.  

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Question.  We’re not most of these players signed to minimum or near minimum contracts?  

Davis 2/14 and Bryan 1/4.5

Didn't most (all?) of the players you listed sign for roughly close to vet minimum?   Just asking.  

Yeah. I don't think Davis is getting cut. But if we draft someone like Murphy IMO Bryan might end up on the wrong end of the numbers. I'm also not certain how much of his contract is guaranteed. Do we know? (edit: just checked - only about 1.1M of his contract is guaranteed). 

39 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

its hilarious seeing multiple reportsm now that colts have significant interest in moving up and snagging MHJ

Now that the world has been focused on the NFL draft over the past few hours, they just now figured out that the Colts might be interested in  WR, and MHJs father played for the Colts 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

You’re a poet, and now we know it!

He's a poet, and he didn't even know he was rhyming those words. 

Hopefully someone will get the reference lol

26 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Today has become almost the best day in the football year. I won’t be bombarded with mock drafts for almost an entire year now. 

Christmas in April. 

Mock draft for 2025

First round guy with high ras

Second round guy with high ras

Third round guy with high ras

4th guy with high ras

5th guy with high ras

6th guy with  high ras

7th a guy with high ras lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I called this in the bold predictions thread yesterday. Said we'd get him at 4.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

joIa7HV.jpeg

Here is the most important question of all...IF this were to happen, would he be allowed to wear #18?  Should he be allowed to wear #18?

I say let him...I bet Peyton would say the same.  

4 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Here is the most important question of all...IF this were to happen, would he be allowed to wear #18?  Should he be allowed to wear #18?

Peyton's number is retired already.

I say give him his dad's number! If he wants it... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I called this in the bold predictions thread yesterday. Said we'd get him at 4.

I would not rule this out.  Irsay might have a great long term relationship with the Cardinals owner which could help facilitate a trade.  Ballard traded a future 1st for Wentz so he’s not afraid to deal future picks.  He just might pull it off.  

9 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

You mean 88.  I bet he would.

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Peyton's number is retired already.

I say give him his dad's number! If he wants it... 

yes, I'm aware.  that's why I asked :P

It wouldn't be the first time a number was unretired.  I believe the Broncos had #18 retired when Peyton signed there but it was unretired for  Peyton.  

Personally I think the number should just be retired for other QBs.  No other colts QB would wear 18 but if a WR wanted to, I say let him.  Just my opinion on a relatively unimportant matter :)

5 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

yes, I'm aware.  that's why I asked :P

It wouldn't be the first time a number was unretired.  I believe the Broncos had #18 retired when Peyton signed there but it was unretired for  Peyton.  

Personally I think the number should just be retired for other QBs.  No other colts QB would wear 18 but if a WR wanted to, I say let him.  Just my opinion on a relatively unimportant matter :)

In general I am not a huge fan of retiring numbers, but IMO if you have it retired it should stay that way. :dunno:

But yah... overall not very important issue... if we get him we can think about it :D 

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’m just hoping Indy comes away with one of Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers. The less we have to give up to get one of them the better. 

That would of course be the ideal outcome. Fingers crossed!

Ballard mentioned Steichen’s reaction when he looked at the Colts’ draft board.

“He starts looking at the board and tell, ‘This is how we’ll use this guy. This is how he fits,’’’ Ballard said. “From a GM perspective, that’s a beautiful thing now, knowing that he’s got a vision quickly for the player and it’s not a vision of negativity with many guys.

“He sees the strengths really quickly and will figure out a role for how this guy can play for you. That makes it fun.’’

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Mock draft for 2025

First round guy with high ras

Second round guy with high ras

Third round guy with high ras

4th guy with high ras

5th guy with high ras

6th guy with  high ras

7th a guy with high ras lol

I wish we still had a laugh react because that got one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Ballard mentioned Steichen’s reaction when he looked at the Colts’ draft board.

“He starts looking at the board and tell, ‘This is how we’ll use this guy. This is how he fits,’’’ Ballard said. “From a GM perspective, that’s a beautiful thing now, knowing that he’s got a vision quickly for the player and it’s not a vision of negativity with many guys.

“He sees the strengths really quickly and will figure out a role for how this guy can play for you. That makes it fun.’’

You mean the GM is the one who sets the board and receives input from the HC?  And here I thought HCs pounded their fists for players until the GM succumbs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I really hope they don’t. 

Really hope they do. We have enough depth, but not even impact players for teams to gameplan for.

I would trade the entire draft for MH2 without a second thought.

All the trade backs that Ballard has done...majority of the time, it gave us Quincy Wilsons, Kemoko Turays, etc.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

We could play here, higher up is probably too expensive.

I think the floor on that deal is:

Colts rec:

Bears rec:

2025 3rd

Couldn't see them for doing less than that.

• Like 1

Of course if Bowers is available at 15, would take him regardless if he has 50+ TEs on the roster.

Passing up on him because we like our current TEs, is like passing up on Mahomes because you already have Alex Smith.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think the floor on that deal is:

Colts rec:

Bears rec:

2025 3rd

Couldn't see them for doing less than that.

If there is a special player that you think is gone for sure at 15, just do it.

Would you?

Situational of course…

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

If there is a special player that you think is gone for sure at 15, just do it.

Would you?

Situational of course…

No question. E.g. Bowers, Nabers, Odunze.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

A follow up….   Can you remember the last time — if ever — Ballard went out and signed free agents in March, only to turn around and cut those same free agents in September?   

I appreciate you’re not a fan of either Davis or Bryan, but they weren’t signed to vet minimum contracts.   They were signed to decent contracts with signing bonuses.  And now they’re going to get cut in September?   I’m having a hard time seeing that.  

It would appear the Colts have a plan,  but now you think they might blow up their own plan.   You're thoughts?

No, I don't think they might blow up their plan. I was explaining why I wouldn't mind drafting Murphy. I also don't think they'll draft him, but not because they signed Davis and Bryan. I see it from the opposite angle, they probably signed Davis (not necessarily Bryan) because they already determined they weren't interested in the DTs at the top of this draft. And I'm fine with that. I'm also aware that they might not like Murphy as much as I do, which is also fine.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

All the trade backs that Ballard has done...majority of the time, it gave us Quincy Wilsons, Kemoko Turays, etc.

Yeah- and if he has success trading up this draft with a major offensive weapon like Odunze or Bowers- his two main trade ups will be in that player and JT. Could really alter his thinking moving forward.