Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It’s officially over: Luck says he will never return.

csmopar

well gotta break the streak of no new Luck related threads in several weeks…

For those still holding out some fantasy level of hope of Luck returning, he put that to bed. It’s over.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/04/12/andrew-luck-has-never-thought-about-playing-football-since-he-retired/73308691007/?fbclid=IwAR1ZC-Y7Ylqr6X-4uI1L3OLmNKlrEb4HMKL7DWJ9g74HUmu0hVeDm1n6S1k_aem_AUG2fpBquU4FV5sE9Zmp8pwd4yEHAWPaHKPXypYWZAG3kpmkq_XlbK1ycwLtnqx0qS0

best wishes in retirement. 

there, all done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For those still holding out some fantasy level of hope of Luck returning, he put that to bed. It’s over.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/04/12/andrew-luck-has-never-thought-about-playing-football-since-he-retired/73308691007/?fbclid=IwAR1ZC-Y7Ylqr6X-4uI1L3OLmNKlrEb4HMKL7DWJ9g74HUmu0hVeDm1n6S1k_aem_AUG2fpBquU4FV5sE9Zmp8pwd4yEHAWPaHKPXypYWZAG3kpmkq_XlbK1ycwLtnqx0qS0

there, all done. 

Man, was he in great spirits during that conversation. I never realized how nice of guy he is. I wish him and his family well. 

• Like 3

There is always a chance that a player comes back after retiring at a young age, but I knew without a doubt after we signed Wentz in 2021, he was never coming back. If he was going to comeback, it would have been before the 2021 season after taking 2 years off which was 2019 and 2020. He would have been healthy by then and had his future more thought out. 

So, this isn't surprising as I was ready to move on in 2022 for good and now I am very happy with Richardson and anxious to see how good he can be. Like I said what might of been? IMO, I still think despite not having good longevity there hasn't been 50 QBs better than him on the NFL pro-level. Based on his stats, win shares, overall wins (4 playoff wins too), importance to the team, and talent he may even crack the top 40, but definitely is top 50. As a rookie the Colts weren't as good as the Packers and he beat Rodgers and then Stafford, as a rookie - let that sink in. He was also 3-1 vs Peyton Manning in his career, one win being in the Divisional Round at Denver (2014) where he was an 8-point underdog facing Von Miller and Co.. He also orchestrated the 2nd largest playoff comeback in NFL history by taking out Justin Houston, Alex Smith, and Andy Reid in 2013.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

there, all done. 

Well there’s old Tom Brady waiting for a call. All is not lost. 🤩

• Like 4

there, all done. 

He should develop a Beer Belly so Big, that would make playing under Center impossible.

Maybe, then people will stop talking about his return. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

excited homer simpson GIF- at 47, he may come back, he said so yesterday. Too funny. Who knows, Luck at 40 might say the hell with it, I am coming back lmao 

Since they can’t get hit anymore, maybe he will play into his mid 50s or longer.

• Like 1

Besides the timing of the retirement or what feelings some might still hold onto, I always loved that he always seemed like such a good dude in the sense of being a regular guy. He never had diva qualities.

Damn, I love this guy! I wish things turned out a different way ... at the very least at the end. But happy for him that he seems happy right now and happy he's helping with that charity. Both him and Chuck... 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Damn, I love this guy! I wish things turned out a different way ... at the very least at the end. But happy for him that he seems happy right now and happy he's helping with that charity. Both him and Chuck... 

glad to see he’s around Indy still. What’s crazy about all this is if Andrew had stayed in the league he’d be approaching the end of his career right now. 

3 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

glad to see he’s around Indy still. What’s crazy about all this is if Andrew had stayed in the league he’d be approaching the end of his career right now. 

He is only 34.   He would have several years left

3 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

About Luck being around Indy still.   He has a home in Indy said to be 5-10 mins from the facility.   He also has two other homes.   One in Houston where he was raised and where most of his family still lives and one in the Bay Area just a few minutes from the Stanford campus. 

I don’t know which one he spends the most time in, but if I had to guess, it would be the Bay Area where he and wife Nicole met.  But Luck LOVES Indy.  I’m not surprised he’s often around. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

About Luck being around Indy still.   He has a home in Indy said to be 5-10 mins from the facility.   He also has two other homes.   One in Houston where he was raised and where most of his family still lives and one in the Bay Area just a few minutes from the Stanford campus. 

I don’t know which one he spends the most time in, but if I had to guess, it would be the Bay Area where he and wife Nicole met.  But Luck LOVES Indy.  I’m not surprised he’s often around. 

I wonder how he keeps the squatters out?

Hopefully that clears the situation up for everyone.......for every other QB since he retired it must have been like going out with someone who's constantly wondering if their ex will come back to them and struggling to live up to expectations lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Hopefully that clears the situation up for everyone.......for every other QB since he retired it must have been like going out with someone who's constantly wondering if their ex will come back to them and struggling to live up to expectations lol

Wonder what they would do with Richardson if Luck wanted to come back and play lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Wonder what they would do with Richardson if Luck wanted to come back and play lol. 

Keep him so when Luck chickens out a second time, they don’t have a QB carousel… again

That said, Luck looks no where near football shape. So this what if is something that we’ll never have to worry about

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

All his homes are in gated communities? The squatters got into that mansion in Beverly Hills somehow. Maybe those homes aren’t gated??

I know when Luck played here he had a pent house in Pennsylvania street. Not sure if he still owns that or not, most likely, imo. I imagine he has a luxury condo in a high rise.

Squatters are not getting in there. 

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Keep him so when Luck chickens out a second time, they don’t have a QB carousel… again

That said, Luck looks no where near football shape. So this what if is something that we’ll never have to worry about

It's funny when someone who has never done the thing they are talking about calls them a chicken.   I would bet a bunch of money you wouldn't say that to his face.  Fortunately for you,  he has class and would just laugh and walk passed you because your opinion means nothing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

All his homes are in gated communities? The squatters got into that mansion in Beverly Hills somehow. Maybe those homes aren’t gated??

Squatting isn't as big of an epidemic as you think.  I think even 1 is too much,  but it isn't rampant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

That's easy.

AR would become a backup. 

Is this a trick question?

• Like 1

I know you hate Luck but saying "chickens out" is a bit harsh. After getting injured multiple times playing the game of hard-hitting football, he probably came to the conclusion he couldn't do it anymore. The timing of his retirement sucked but maybe he still wanted to play so held off as long as he could, and his body just said no. Like a Boxer taking 1 too many hits to the head that was once great but knew if he kept going, it could ruin his health. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

It's funny when someone who has never done the thing they are talking about calls them a chicken.   I would bet a bunch of money you wouldn't say that to his face.  Fortunately for you,  he has class and would just laugh and walk passed you because your opinion means nothing

No no I have never played in the nfl. 

as for saying it to his face, maybe, maybe not. I’m not the type to have much of a filter. It’d honestly depend on my mood at the time haha. 

that said, chicken out comment may have been a bit harsh. My apologies 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you hate Luck but saying "chickens out" is a bit harsh. After getting injured multiple times playing the game of hard-hitting football, he probably came to the conclusion he couldn't do it anymore. The timing of his retirement sucked but maybe he still wanted to play so held off as long as he could, and his body just said no. Like a Boxer taking 1 too many hits to the head that was once great but knew if he kept going, it could ruin his health. 

See above^

plus, I don’t hate Luck. I just call it as I see it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Squatting isn't as big of an epidemic as you think.  I think even 1 is too much,  but it isn't rampant

Depends on location. Some places, it’s a major problem. Others, not so much. 

that said, squatters are one of the worst kinds of thieves if you ask me.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So, when will be the next new thread on Andrew Luck not coming back again? Or some Andrew Luck appearance news? 

Over or Under 2 before the regular season starts? lmao

I can start one next week right before the draft hahaha 

• Like 2