Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It’s officially over: Luck says he will never return.

csmopar

20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@csmopar is banned from creating new threads about Luck, until he creates 5 new threads that absolutely doesn't involve Andrew Luck in any manner! :locked:

lol I’ve only created like 2 luck related threads ever haha

but if you insist…

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is always a chance that a player comes back after retiring at a young age, but I knew without a doubt after we signed Wentz in 2021, he was never coming back. If he was going to comeback, it would have been before the 2021 season after taking 2 years off which was 2019 and 2020. He would have been healthy by then and had his future more thought out. 

So, this isn't surprising as I was ready to move on in 2022 for good and now I am very happy with Richardson and anxious to see how good he can be. Like I said what might of been? IMO, I still think despite not having good longevity there hasn't been 50 QBs better than him on the NFL pro-level. Based on his stats, win shares, overall wins (4 playoff wins too), importance to the team, and talent he may even crack the top 40, but definitely is top 50. As a rookie the Colts weren't as good as the Packers and he beat Rodgers and then Stafford, as a rookie - let that sink in. He was also 3-1 vs Peyton Manning in his career, one win being in the Divisional Round at Denver (2014) where he was an 8-point underdog facing Von Miller and Co.. He also orchestrated the 2nd largest playoff comeback in NFL history by taking out Justin Houston, Alex Smith, and Andy Reid in 2013.

I wish we could've seen more than one Luck¹² vs Mahomes¹⁵ battle or a Luck¹² vs Allen¹⁷ battle. We had just gotten to see the best version of Luck right when Ballard got here to draft him the O-line he so badly needed.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is always a chance that a player comes back after retiring at a young age, but I knew without a doubt after we signed Wentz in 2021, he was never coming back. If he was going to comeback, it would have been before the 2021 season after taking 2 years off which was 2019 and 2020. He would have been healthy by then and had his future more thought out. 

So, this isn't surprising as I was ready to move on in 2022 for good and now I am very happy with Richardson and anxious to see how good he can be. Like I said what might of been? IMO, I still think despite not having good longevity there hasn't been 50 QBs better than him on the NFL pro-level. Based on his stats, win shares, overall wins (4 playoff wins too), importance to the team, and talent he may even crack the top 40, but definitely is top 50. As a rookie the Colts weren't as good as the Packers and he beat Rodgers and then Stafford, as a rookie - let that sink in. He was also 3-1 vs Peyton Manning in his career, one win being in the Divisional Round at Denver (2014) where he was an 8-point underdog facing Von Miller and Co.. He also orchestrated the 2nd largest playoff comeback in NFL history by taking out Justin Houston, Alex Smith, and Andy Reid in 2013.

Ahhh….  Your memory is playing tricks on you.  

You knew in 2021 that Luck wasn’t ever coming back?    Because it was either 22 or 23 that you predicted Luck was coming back.   You even started a thread about it.   I think the discussion here lasted about a week.   I believe your “source” was a member of the local Indy media.  

I don’t mean to bust your ****s but there’s been a great deal of misinformation about Luck.   Too much has gone unchecked.  

On 4/17/2024 at 1:57 AM, NewColtsFan said:

You knew in 2021 that Luck wasn’t ever coming back?    Because it was either 22 or 23 that you predicted Luck was coming back.   You even started a thread about it.   I think the discussion here lasted about a week.   I believe your “source” was a member of the local Indy media.  

I don’t mean to bust your ****s but there’s been a great deal of misinformation about Luck.   Too much has gone unchecked.  

I thought I made that post before Wentz signed in 2021, but because we signed Wentz to a long deal at the time, I gave up. The one you are talking about now that I made. I remember posting what you just said. Maybe I am mistaken, it could have been before the 2022 season because we did release Wentz. Time flies by. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tv Shows Actors GIF by PBS SoCal

@NewColtsFan, I went back and looked at every single Thread I have created, there is way you can do that. I have 35 lifetime which isn't much. I created a thread on Feb 7th in 2022 - Titled Andrew Luck, pleading for Andrew Luck to comeback that was because after the way we finished in the 2021 season. The whole thread was jokes thrown out at me and others which I didn't mind because I knew he wasn't coming back at that point. In that thread I never said he was coming back though. When I posted 'what you remember, which I did post about the source even' that I heard Andrew Luck might comeback was before we signed Wentz = 2021 off season on a thread created by someone else. I never actually created a thread that said Luck was coming back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NewColtsFan, I went back and looked at every single Thread I have created, there is way you can do that. I have 35 lifetime which isn't much. I created a thread on Feb 7th in 2022 - Titled Andrew Luck, pleading for Andrew Luck to comeback that was because after the way we finished in the 2021 season. The whole thread was jokes thrown out at me and others which I didn't mind because I knew he wasn't coming back at that point. In that thread I never said he was coming back though. When I posted 'what you remember, which I did post about the source even' that I heard Andrew Luck might comeback was before we signed Wentz = 2021 off season on a thread created by someone else. I never actually created a thread that said Luck was coming back.  

Tyra Banks Mic Drop GIF by Allure

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought I made that post before Wentz signed in 2021, but because we signed Wentz to a long deal at the time, I gave up. The one you are talking about now that I made. I remember posting what you just said. Maybe I am mistaken, it could have been before the 2022 season because we did release Wentz. Time flies by. 

If I had your memory, I would be the president of the United States season 3 GIF

Ohhh Nevermind  I’ll get in trouble lol

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you telling me you have no recollection of spending a week saying you thought Luck was coming back only to have it flame out into nothing.  Whether or not you started the thread or not.   You have no recollection?    What I’m saying jogs no memory with you?    And definitely after 2021. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you telling me you have no recollection of spending a week saying you thought Luck was coming back only to have it flame out into nothing.  Whether or not you started the thread or not.   You have no recollection?    What I’m saying jogs no memory with you?    And definitely after 2021. 

I do have recollection of it, read my posts above. I never Said you were wrong regarding what I posted but I never created a thread saying he was coming back. I am also sure it was before we signed Wentz when I said he was coming back - which you jumped all over. Time flies. I am not even sure why you started this nonsense? I got a head ache trying to find my old posts and posts I created to make sure I was sane.

Word of advice, you can take this how you want but quit starting stuff with people that is unnecessary. I say that as a friend because as a poster you are one of the best in here.

Calling me out is fine but over something I said 3 years ago is unexpected. I did say what you said but it wasn't last year. 

I Need a drink and people wonder why I drink. I can't even come here and have fun to escape the real world. This place is a head ache. Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do have recollection of it, read my posts above. I never Said you were wrong regarding what I posted but I never created a thread saying he was coming back. I am also sure it was before we signed Wentz when I said he was coming back - which you jumped all over. Time flies. I am not even sure why you started this nonsense? I got a head ache trying to find my old posts and posts I created to make sure I was sane.

Word of advice, you can take this how you want but quit starting stuff with people that is unnecessary. I say that as a friend because as a poster you are one of the best in here.

Calling me out is fine but over something I said 3 years ago is unexpected. I did say what you said but it wasn't last year. 

I Need a drink and people wonder why I drink. I can't even come here and have fun to escape the real world. This place is a head ache. Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

I didn’t think it was three years ago.  I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing.   If you want, you can post the thread you found here.  I’ll be able to tell if that’s the thread or not.   I know what you said.   

As for starting stuff….  I’ll turn the other cheek.  Clearly you don’t want to be pressed and you don’t want to be wrong.  

You live your life.   I’ll try to stay out of it.  

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn’t think it was three years ago.  I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing.   If you want, you can post the thread you found here.  I’ll be able to tell if that’s the thread or not.   I know what you said.   

As for starting stuff….  I’ll turn the other cheek.  Clearly you don’t want to be pressed and you don’t want to be wrong.  

You live your life.   I’ll try to stay out of it.  

It's not that deep with me, I think you are one of the best posters here. Apparently when I call you one of the best here, you just ignore it and just see that I don't want to be wrong. In my book we are good, I am not even upset over this.  

I did get a headache skimming through all the threads I created though lmao 

Luck has said he no longer had the passion it takes to play football.  Without the love of the game he wouldn't be the QB we knew him to be. 

He was one of the most exciting player I have ever seen. When he retired I was so disappointed.  It's easy to dwell on the negatives he put on the team but if he lost the heart to play I wouldn't want him to be the Colts QB. 

It has taken me a few years to not be bitter over the timing of his retirement. I understand his decision but as a Colts fan it's still depressing. 

• Like 1

The move happened before the 1984 season. To put in perspective how great Luck was here, here are the top 3 QBs over 40 seasons here win wise:

Regular Season as a starter

1. Peyton Manning = 141 wins

2. Andrew Luck = 53 wins

3. Jim Harbaugh = 20 wins

Post Season as a starter

1. Peyton Manning = 9 wins (won the SB in 2006)

2. Andrew Luck = 4 wins

3. Jim Harbaugh = 2 wins

Luck had 33 more wins than Jim did and 2 more playoff wins than Jim did. Luck is so far ahead of any QB (not named Peyton) regarding wins in the Regular Season and Post Season that it is laughable. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not that deep with me, I think you are one of the best posters here. Apparently when I call you one of the best here, you just ignore it and just see that I don't want to be wrong. In my book we are good, I am not even upset over this.  

I did get a headache skimming through all the threads I created though lmao 

Are you going to tell me that I haven’t heaped tons of thanks on you?   How many times have I said thank you and that you are way too kind with your praise?  The answer is many.   I’m sorry you seem not to remember those moments.  

Sorry about the headache.  The feeling was mutual.  

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you going to tell me that I haven’t heaped tons of thanks on you?   How many times have I said thank you and that you are way too kind with your praise?  The answer is many.   I’m sorry you seem not to remember those moments.  

Sorry about the headache.  The feeling was mutual.  

You have and I appreciate it, that is why I was surprised you called me out over something I said whether it was 3 or 2 years ago - who really cares. I know it wasn't last year and I never created a thread saying he was coming back either. I went back and looked at every single thread I created.  I know the exact post I made so I never denied what I said or said you were wrong but I could have sworn it was before we signed Wentz. 

Like I said, in my book we are good. One of my best friends here over 8 years wanted me to quit PMing them because we had some differences, silly crap if you ask me, so I haven't PM'd them in almost a month, tell me something once, that is all I need. Life goes on. 

The way I look at things, a person either likes me or they don't - pretty simple in my eyes. If they don't than oh well. I have always been like that in life outside of here. I have a great life and doing well health and money wise, so I am good.