Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wasn't expecting Flacco. He's one of the best backups in the NFL though. I wonder what the incentives are...

Ready to see those as well, although expect them to make up the other $3.2 non guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

Given what was left out there, this is the best backup for AR they could have signed. 

Even out of some of the other options that were already signed.

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

If we get Snead, will our Off season be complete? Bring on the draft with selecting the Best player available?? Nailing All 7 picks!!! 

Still need a safety or 2.

Just now, JediXMan said:

lol.

Diggs?

He knows something we don't?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hopefully it's only a $4-$5m base with heavy incentives.

Should take us down to $17-$20m in cap space by my estimations.

Spotrac shows us with 32 mill for the top 51. I'm thinking that when the contract details came out on the last few signings , the 2024 cap was lower than expected ? By those numbers we have more than 17 to 20 mill left or am I reading Spotrac incorrectly ?

This free agency so far for us has been meh.  Loved that we’ve resigned our own but can’t say we’ve gotten better either.

All is not lost however.  There are still some players I see out there that can be brought in and provide instant help:

- Julian Blackmon:  not sure why he hasn’t been resigned yet.  But I hope we do.

- Kamren Curl:  he’d be what we need at FS.  Graded out as 67 on PFF. And he’s only 25

Im pretty meh on the corners and edges left.

• Like 1

Just now, dw49 said:

Spotrac shows us with 32 mill for the top 51. I'm thinking that when the contract details came out on the last few signings , the 2024 cap was lower than expected ? By those numbers we have more than 17 to 20 mill left or am I reading Spotrac incorrectly ?

They don't have a lot of stuff updated yet.

I've been keeping tabs of what I think the cap is sitting at.

Just now, smittywerb said:

This free agency so far for us has been meh.  Loved that we’ve resigned our own but can’t say we’ve gotten better either.

All is not lost however.  There are still some players I see out there that can be brought in and provide instant help:

- Julian Blackmon:  not sure why he hasn’t been resigned yet.  But I hope we do.

- Kamren Curl:  he’d be what we need at FS.  Graded out as 67 on PFF. And he’s only 25

Another way to look at it: we didn’t get significantly worse after today. 

Just now, w87r said:

Was thinking it was Stephon Diggs 

lol naw I think he meant Quandre Diggs

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Our Oline was good last season. What are you talking about.

Salary cap keep going down with no secondary help yet.

Our o-line rarely keeps a clean pocket.

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

Sneed and Curl would equate to a A+ FA.

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Scroll down to the bottom of the 2024 contracts, there is 4 spots with no $ and about to be a 5th. All new deals.

I have everything tallied in my unofficial numbers.

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As much as Id love to see Ballard do the same thing, history has shown that very very very rarely does going on a super spending spree in FA result in any real gains. The Jags did it many times, and again after they draft Trevor Lawrence. They’ve gone no where. Browns did it several times. Chargers did it with Herbert.

all after just one season with their rookie QBs. All of them showed promise so they went all in. 

meanwhile, teams like the Bills and Chiefs, spent the money more wisely and slowly, albeit that is starting to catch up because of how well they’ve drafted and developed their own while also supplementing with quality FA. This is the model I think Ballard is trying to replicate. 

I don’t think Chris Ballard has the time for the slower approach, he has his quarterback and his head coach. If Chris Ballard wants to keep his job results matter now.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well, at least he’s not penciled in as a starter, right? He’s just insurance in case Richardson goes down.  pretty damn good insurance I think.

we will see

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Another way to look at it: we didn’t get significantly worse after today. 

lol naw I think he meant Quandre Diggs

That's who it most likely is.

Connected it with Snead had me thinking about Cowboys Diggs. Lol.

• Like 1