T. Lockett         17/79/122/894/5/3

M. Brown          14/51/101/574/4/-5

Pittman was:

#9 in targets

#5 in receptions 

#14 in yards

#54 tied in TDs

#82 in yds/reception

To me these are the stats of a overall good, but not explosive, WR on a team with no other real options.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We really can't continue the TY pattern where we keep relying on a WR2 to be OUR WR1. It's waaaay past time. The Colts need to do whatever it takes to secure an alpha Receiver in 2024. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

To me these are the stats of a overall good, but not explosive, WR on a team with no other real options.

So keep him or toss him? Every team needs an X receiver that can make the tough completions. It just isn't exciting. That isn't worth top dollar, but where would you put that dollar amount? 

Does anyone think there is a correct $$$ amount for him. No matter what he gets, people are gonna say it's to much. Really a no win situation as a fan forum.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

We really can't continue the TY pattern where we keep relying on a WR2 to be OUR WR1. It's waaaay past time. The Colts need to do whatever it takes to secure an alpha Receiver in 2024. 

TY was definitely a WR1. Produced with whoever was at QB. He even played well with Hassellback back there.

If someone who is explosive isn't wr1 material, and someone who can get the tough first downs/ over 100 catches a year isnt WR1 material, then who is outside of someone heading into the hall of fame?

1 minute ago, KB said:

So keep him or toss him? Every team needs an X receiver that can make the tough completions. It just isn't exciting. That isn't worth top dollar, but where would you put that dollar amount? 

Does anyone think there is a correct $$$ amount for him. No matter what he gets, people are gonna say it's to much. Really a no win situation as a fan forum.

I agree every team needs a guy like him and I'd like to keep him for the right price. I hope we don't go above $20m per year, but I think Ballard will give him near Tag level money.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Keep him and add someone with more explosiveness

I agree, but what's the dollar amount for everyone? That's gonna be what the focal point is with this extension.

Just now, Solid84 said:

I agree every team needs a guy like him and I'd like to keep him for the right price. I hope we don't go above $20m per year, but I think Ballard will give him near Tag level money.

I think he gets above $20 million a year, due to all salaries growing. Absolute max is $22 million to me. He can do a 2 year deal and keep proving himself if he wants more.

If he signs for more, I really won't care as long as it dosnt strap us like Leonard's contract. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KB said:

Does anyone think there is a correct $$$ amount for him. No matter what he gets, people are gonna say it's too much. Really a no win situation as a fan forum.

I think Ballard will get him resigned.  Fans always complain it’s too much.  As long as it happens I’m good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

All we need is to bring Pittman  back and add 1 explosive wr in the first and our offense  would take off

I think our tes are fine we just don't  use them as much as we could

I think the TE usage will change once AR is back. Minshew is terrible in the middle of the field.Richardson used them much more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB said:

TY was definitely a WR1. Produced with whoever was at QB. He even played well with Hassellback back there.

If someone who is explosive isn't wr1 material, and someone who can get the tough first downs/ over 100 catches a year isnt WR1 material, then who is outside of someone heading into the hall of fame?

TY Hilton WAS NOT a WR1. What are you smoking? Ha!!

He was a number 1 with us, a 2 or a slot on any other team. 

• Like 1

There is a lot to be said for making players finish their 4 year contract.

I watched Pittman dog it on some plays the first couple games.

Then like the snap of your fingers, he started busting his bhind in all aspects.

He is a SB caliber player. 5 years $110 $45M fully guaranteed 

AR Will be able to attack the entire field and Pittman will thrive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Reasons to get an Alpha WR1

1) Opens up the offense and keeps the defense out of the dreaded 8 man boxes

This helps our running attack greatly

2) Draws attention away from Pittman, allowing him to get less double teams

3) Opens up underneath route for rb and TEs and slot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Hall of famer no  but he was definitely a WR1. 

So what's a WR1 then? If it isn't someone who can make explosive plays, someone who makes the tough catches, not a perennial 1000 yard reciever, or someone who has to be game planned for then what is a WR1? 

• Like 2

I said this earlier. If Ballard decides to pay Pittman WR1 money, get ready to hear how we only have so much money to go around and then we are stuck with one of the worst WR1 in the NFL in terms of explosive plays and YPC and TD's. Ballard and Steichen just talked about getting more explosive on offense and that would be a step in the wrong direction unless they secured another explosive WR some other way. All top free agent list that I read have Pittman below Higgins who is a WR2 .... I'm tellin ya , AR will be the one who pays . We all want Pittman back badly because the rest of the WR's on the team are average(I do love Downs) and that's for the wrong reason. We need to bring in 2 to 3 new wrs this year and if we have to franchise Pittman one year or get a cheap deal in the meantime. No more Ballard telling us he likes our average wr's........... AR has to compete against Stroud and Lawrence, and they win half the battle before they play by having way better weapons. Don't do that to AR and the team...BTW, they need to get him a TE too. No more nonsense about our loaded AVERAGE TE room that cant stay healthy ...If u have 4, u don't have 1...Remember, we were told how great Parris was from Ballard and he ended the season on the GIANTS inactive list because he was never even good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB said:

I have to agree with Rick Venturi's assessment of Pittman--he compares to the top Slots and TE's in terms of production. Something around $17M/year sounds right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

I said this earlier. If Ballard decides to pay Pittman WR1 money, get ready to hear how we only have so much money to go around and then we are stuck with one of the worst WR1 in the NFL in terms of explosive plays and YPC and TD's. Ballard and Steichen just talked about getting more explosive on offense and that would be a step in the wrong direction unless they secured another explosive WR some other way. All top free agent list that I read have Pittman below Higgins who is a WR2 .... I'm tellin ya , AR will be the one who pays . We all want Pittman back badly because the rest of the WR's on the team are average(I do love Downs) and that's for the wrong reason. We need to bring in 2 to 3 new wrs this year and if we have to franchise Pittman one year or get a cheap deal in the meantime. No more Ballard telling us he likes our average wr's........... AR has to compete against Stroud and Lawrence, and they win half the battle before they play by having way better weapons. Don't do that to AR and the team...BTW, they need to get him a TE too. No more nonsense about our loaded AVERAGE TE room that cant stay healthy ...If u have 4, u don't have 1...Remember, we were told how great Parris was from Ballard and he ended the season on the GIANTS inactive list because he was never even good.

I think there is actually enough money to pay Pittman 22M that he deserves and STILL bring in one FA

My hope is the Colts get D Hunter. ... Just what the Dr Ordered, but they may franchise him

Other teams are over the cap and play games with bonus to keep under

Sign Pittman and hope Odunze falls in the draft. Harrison, Nabers , and Odunze are likely all gone before the Colts pick.

It is possible 5 quarterbacks are drafted before the Colts pick which would help the Colts select an impact player.

Some have Bowers lasting into the teens ; which would be an excellent pick for Steichen’s Offense.

There are no Safeties or Linebackers graded out in the top half of the first round.
‘Ballard is more than likely to have better CB , DE, options at #15 without moving up.

So Ballard’s board may dictate the Colts go defense first for the upcoming draft - if he stays at #15.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Sign Pittman and hope Odunze falls in the draft. Harrison, Nabers , and Odunze are likely all gone before the Colts pick.

It is possible 5 quarterbacks are drafted before the Colts pick which would help the Colts select an impact player.

Some have Bowers lasting into the teens ; which would be an excellent pick for Steichen’s Offense.

There are no Safeties or Linebackers graded out in the top half of the first round.
‘Ballard is more than likely to have better CB , DE, options at #15 without moving up.

So Ballard’s board may dictate the Colts go defense first for the upcoming draft - if he stays at #15.

Great post and right on target IMO......Bowers would be a dream come true but I doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB said:

So what's a WR1 then? If it isn't someone who can make explosive plays, someone who makes the tough catches, not a perennial 1000 yard reciever, or someone who has to be game planned for then what is a WR1? 

You honestly believe Hilton is comparable to the likes of Chase, Hill, Jefferson, Adams, Hopkins in his prime, Brown, and Diggs to name a few? 

Hilton is more like Higgins and/or Waddle. 

18 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You honestly believe Hilton is comparable to the likes of Chase, Hill, Jefferson, Adams, Hopkins in his prime, Brown, and Diggs to name a few? 

For his time, yes. Now is he as good as Hill, no. Nobody is. All the guys you named are all great for their own reason, but that dosnt take away from TY being a WR1. During his prime years he continually produced no matter what QB he had. He lead the league in recieving yard in 2016 with over 1400. TY was a big part of why that crap roster we had overachieved their way into the playoffs.

Was he the best receiver in the league then, no, but he was one of them.

Now what makes a WR1? To me that's just a roster spot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You may be...I'm just a fan. It's a fan forum...not a GM in training forum.

"We need to draft WR 2 or 1 to pair up with Pitt . AP can be WR 4."    this post sounds like you are a arm chair gm telling ballard who we need to draft and questioning ballards alec pierce pick .    new colts fan is right everyone here plays arm chair gm  if no one did,  there is nothing to post about .  the whole point of a forum is to play arm chair gm and debate the moves the colts made and give input on the game you watched .  

2 hours ago, KB said:

i dont care how fans or media label wrs, but the colts need another pass catcher who can get open, have a low drop rate, get first downs, and score tds

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Hilton was better  than Pittman  pierce and downs have been so far

54 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Hilton was like tank dell

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

MPJ is going to get 100+ million from us or another team. 

Maybe.   But I wouldn’t bet the house on that.  

Pitt’s deal may ultimately hinge on the signing bonus and total guarantees and not the stated value of the deal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

MPJ is going to get 100+ million from us or another team. 

I actually don’t think he would get that from another team. If he signed somewhere else it would probably be a much shorter deal. He signs here Ballard roll probably want to keep him here until he is 30. I won’t be shocked if it’s a 4 or 5 year deal here. He isn’t getting that from another team.

It’s interesting to me, that ever since Harrison retired and Wayne became our number 1 receiver there has been a group saying that our leading receiver isn’t a true number 1 receiver. They said it about Wayne, then Hilton and now Pittman. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KB said:

I think he gets above $20 million a year, due to all salaries growing. Absolute max is $22 million to me. He can do a 2 year deal and keep proving himself if he wants more.

If he signs for more, I really won't care as long as it dosnt strap us like Leonard's contract. 

My guess is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 years, 70 million, 35-40 million guaranteed. 

Could see the breakdown as this

25 million year one, fully guaranteed 

23 million year year two, 10 million guaranteed 

22 million year three. 5 million guaranteed.

that’s just above the cap number going into this year and honestly fairly reasonable and slightly above pay grade average  for his current ranking. And gives us a reasonable dead cap hit for our after year two. 

• Like 2